This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the hell is The Walking Dead GOTY material?

#1horror_spookyPosted 1/2/2013 11:49:27 PM
For real.

I just finished Episode 5, and I'm left scratching my head.

Good game? Sure.

It's not even the best point-and-click adventure game of 2012, let alone GOTY, though. Recycles a lot of moments already seen in the comic book and show, glitchy as ****, hard to care about most of the characters...

I enjoyed myself, but I am having troubles figuring out how the Spike VGAs people can justify giving this game GOTY.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#2redyoshifanPosted 1/2/2013 11:51:20 PM
Agreed.
---
lol
#3glassghost0Posted 1/2/2013 11:54:06 PM
You obviously didn't play the game
---
Signature OFF
#4l33t_h4xPosted 1/2/2013 11:58:19 PM
I downloaded episode 1 when it was free. It was okay.
---
"I am a douchebag!!!"- Djin
#5Robin_MaskPosted 1/3/2013 12:03:47 AM
It's just people exaggerating that they like some lame ass comic and some lame ass TV show because it has zombies in it.

A friend played through the game, I almost fell asleep.

Then comes the whole "durr big shot games suck! this game i like is better hurr" complaint from the lame asses.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#6oasisbeyondPosted 1/3/2013 12:05:39 AM
A lot of people seem to love it for only it's story and characters, but bad gameplay... I scratch my head too since everyone says gameplay is what matters.
I guess if they release the LOTR's movies and you can point and click during scenes it will be GOTY too lol.

I didn't play it though... So, when I do, I'll let everyone know what I truly feel.
#7rofflchopperPosted 1/3/2013 12:06:37 AM
Because people liked it. Astounding, I know....
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#8glassghost0Posted 1/3/2013 12:06:51 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
It's just people exaggerating that they like some lame ass comic and some lame ass TV show because it has zombies in it.

Then comes the whole "durr big shot games suck! this game i like is better hurr" complaint from the lame asses.

Lol, The Walking Dead isn't even about zombies.....just goes to show how ignorant you are.

Of course everyone has their own opinions but The Walking Dead was better than any other game I played this year. Sure they're were some close ones, but none offered as much as TWD did
---
Signature OFF
#9MeCha MaRiO JRPosted 1/3/2013 12:07:44 AM
Acting as if the Spike VGA's count for anything at all.

Hahahaha.
---
Xbox Live GT: Black Mesa Inc & Steam ID: JoeBeef
Reading isn't hard if you don't sweat comprehension.
#10Robin_MaskPosted 1/3/2013 12:13:54 AM
glassghost0 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

Lol, The Walking Dead isn't even about zombies.....just goes to show how ignorant you are.

Of course everyone has their own opinions but The Walking Dead was better than any other game I played this year. Sure they're were some close ones, but none offered as much as TWD did

No, the reason why it is famous, is because it has zombies in it. No other TV show offers that at the moment. That is the ONLY reason why people watch it, if it was instead of refugees hiding and running from a war-torn area, no one would watch that.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world