This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the hell is The Walking Dead GOTY material?

#11656stoogePosted 1/3/2013 12:15:32 AM
...who cares?

What does a GoTY award matter anyway?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#12horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 12:16:53 AM
glassghost0 posted...
You obviously didn't play the game

Yes I did. Just completed episode 5.

It was good, but nowhere near as good as Mass Effect 3, Dishonored, New Super Mario Bros. U, Far Cry 3, Halo 4...It just wasn't.

Next up I will be playing Journey, which has gotten GOTY from GameSpot and IGN...I have my suspicions that it's also just a hugely overrated artsy fartsy (for the sake of being artsy fartsy game), but I am going to give it a shot anyway to see what the hubbub is about.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#13glassghost0Posted 1/3/2013 12:17:00 AM
656stooge posted...
...who cares?

What does a GoTY award matter anyway?

This anyway, again people are so dumb, they're soooo many goty awards, not one single one
---
Signature OFF
#14horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 12:17:51 AM
I find it an interesting point of discussion.

=)
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#15anonymous4everPosted 1/3/2013 12:30:54 AM
horror_spooky posted...
glassghost0 posted...

It was good, but nowhere near as good as Mass Effect 3, Dishonored, New Super Mario Bros. U, Far Cry 3, Halo 4...It just wasn't.

Next up I will be playing Journey, which has gotten GOTY from GameSpot and IGN...I have my suspicions that it's also just a hugely overrated artsy fartsy (for the sake of being artsy fartsy game), but I am going to give it a shot anyway to see what the hubbub is about.

I'm not sure what you were expecting. I went into the game knowing it was more story than game. I still enjoyed it immensely for what it was. I'm eagerly anticipating season 2.
#16Dagoth_WitPosted 1/3/2013 12:31:18 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
It's just people exaggerating that they like some lame ass comic and some lame ass TV show because it has zombies in it.

A friend played through the game, I almost fell asleep.

Then comes the whole "durr big shot games suck! this game i like is better hurr" complaint from the lame asses.

Lol, The Walking Dead isn't even about zombies.....just goes to show how ignorant you are.

Of course everyone has their own opinions but The Walking Dead was better than any other game I played this year. Sure they're were some close ones, but none offered as much as TWD did

No, the reason why it is famous, is because it has zombies in it. No other TV show offers that at the moment. That is the ONLY reason why people watch it, if it was instead of refugees hiding and running from a war-torn area, no one would watch that.

Nope.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#17Homie_202Posted 1/3/2013 12:40:41 AM
horror_spooky posted...
glassghost0 posted...

Now u just confirmed that you are lying because both dishonored and new super Mario bros u sucked terribly. The two worst games I played this year.
#18Cloak973Posted 1/3/2013 1:01:42 AM
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
It's just people exaggerating that they like some lame ass comic and some lame ass TV show because it has zombies in it.

A friend played through the game, I almost fell asleep.

Then comes the whole "durr big shot games suck! this game i like is better hurr" complaint from the lame asses.

Lol, The Walking Dead isn't even about zombies.....just goes to show how ignorant you are.

Of course everyone has their own opinions but The Walking Dead was better than any other game I played this year. Sure they're were some close ones, but none offered as much as TWD did

No, the reason why it is famous, is because it has zombies in it. No other TV show offers that at the moment. That is the ONLY reason why people watch it, if it was instead of refugees hiding and running from a war-torn area, no one would watch that.

Nope.

you're gonna honestly try and say you watched a show called the walking dead for something besides zombies? lol
---
XBL GT - The Snapple Cap
NY Giants 9-7/ Brooklyn Nets 16-15
#19SikkaSillPosted 1/3/2013 1:07:14 AM
The Walking Dead was really intense for me, and I had tons of fun playing the game. I love point and click adventures, and love the comic art style. The story and characters are great, and the game play is fun as well with fast responses and actions really making you feel like you are in the moment.
---
RIP DP, gonna miss you bro! "Bwahhhhh" - Me
http://dragonsdogma.tumblr.com/post/20794618336
#20darkness1018Posted 1/3/2013 1:10:09 AM
Homie_202 posted...
horror_spooky posted...
glassghost0 posted...

Now u just confirmed that you are lying because both dishonored and new super Mario bros u sucked terribly. The two worst games I played this year.

I dont know about New Super Mario Bros U, but Dishonored was a great game and one of the best games of 2012. Dont know what game you were playing. With that said, the Walking Dead was ok but nothing special.
---
PSN: nightwing2099
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733