This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the hell is The Walking Dead GOTY material?

#121realskillz1990Posted 1/3/2013 9:49:41 PM
Jamanjax posted...
twd is extremely overrated. The only reason it won is because of the license, that is all. Anyone saying this glorified flash game is better then me3,borderlands 2, sleeping dogs, far cry 3, and etc are delusional.

How about no.

How about yes? I will take a quality game with high production values like mass effect 3 that completes an amazing trilogy over a zombie fad that boils down to people die,meet new people,grow a temporary bond,die,rinse and repeat. Don't worry the vocal hipster minority will love to say that walking dead is the best game ever they played all year and is so revolutionary but in reality they will most likely never play it ever again because it's mediocrity at it's finest with little to no gameplay, cliche story, horrible animations,various glitches and the masses (hipsters who need to feel wanted),will eat it all up and even me saying play is kind of a stretch, it's just a tad bit higher then the motion control fad but I digress

I bring plenty of tissues for all qq'ing that is about to occur because of this post.
---
You release your game and it has disc locked content and day 1 dlc I will just buy your game used.
#122JamanjaxPosted 1/3/2013 9:53:26 PM
I bring plenty of tissues for all qq'ing that is about to occur because of this post.

But they're completely unneeded as there's no qq'ing to be done over terribly formed opinions!

In fact, I'm thinking you may need those tissues since TWD beat your precious games out of an award. :(
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#123realskillz1990Posted 1/3/2013 10:11:58 PM
Jamanjax posted...

But they're completely unneeded as there's no qq'ing to be done over terribly formed opinions!

In fact, I'm thinking you may need those tissues since TWD beat your precious games out of an award. :(

lol, ok I will bite please make a brief summary of the story in twd and compare the animations,gameplay,and production values to mass effect 3. Since my opinions are so wrong and you think this deserves to be considered the best game that came out this year because all I see here is a pathetic glorified zombie fad with a delusional fanboys who
rivals fangirls of the twilight series.
---
You release your game and it has disc locked content and day 1 dlc I will just buy your game used.
#124JamanjaxPosted 1/3/2013 10:20:52 PM(edited)
lol, ok I will bite please make a brief summary of the story in twd and compare the animations,gameplay,and production values to mass effect 3. Since my opinions are so wrong and you think this deserves to be considered the best game that came out this year because all I see here is a pathetic glorified zombie fad with a delusional fanboys who

Any summary wouldn't matter because you're dense enough to believe that TWD is just "another zombie fad" when the zombies are the smallest part of the series. And I dunno why you're bringing up ME3.. Great game, and I loved it, but it's not nearly as important as TWD. Especially with that ending controversy and whatnot. You wanna' bring production values and animations up? Look at those terrible SNES-era sprites for the people running around on the ground in the opening sequence, or Shep's terrible run animation.

I just find it funny that you expect people to cry over your terrible opinions when you're throwing a *****fit over a game winning an award. Isn't that kinda' the same thing?
---
#125realskillz1990Posted 1/3/2013 10:24:54 PM
Jamanjax posted...

Any summary wouldn't matter because you're dense enough to believe that TWD is just "another zombie fad" when the zombies are the smallest part of the series. And I dunno why you're bringing up ME3.. Great game, and I loved it, but it's not nearly as important as TWD. Especially with that ending controversy and whatnot. You wanna' bring production values and animations up? Look at those terrible SNES-era sprites for the people running around on the ground in the opening sequence, or Shep's terrible run animation.

I just find it funny that you expect people to cry over your terrible opinions when you're throwing a *****fit over a game winning an award.

so in summary of this post you refuted nothing of value but trivial drivel and say im the dense one oh the irony and it's funny how you think im throwing a fit over this mediocre hipster garbage that will be forgotten and not missed when there's a new fad to replace it.
---
#126JamanjaxPosted 1/3/2013 10:30:35 PM
blahblahblah

uh huh
---
#127NightRainPosted 1/3/2013 10:34:30 PM
Definitely didn't deserved an overall GOTY mention. Adventure game of the year? Sure. Easily.
The game is well made but is FAR from being one of the best of 2012.
The story is okay. Nothing spectacular. Nothing impresses me these days with all these zombie stories... zombies are everywhere: in book, comic books, movies, games... there's an overdose of zombies and not much are original. The game reminded me of an adventure game of Left 4 Dead. Nothing original there.
Doesn't deserve any praise for originality. Oh it's for the quality writing? Oh wow. Great. A game deserves an award just for that? Nope.

Really an overrated game.
---
Xbox 360/Wii
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots
#128realskillz1990Posted 1/3/2013 10:39:52 PM
Jamanjax posted...
blahblahblah

uh huh

Oh I didn't notice your maturity level, I guess I was mistaken to speak with an actual adult. So I guess you are the target audience of the zombie fad. I will no longer ruin a child's fun and point out how naive you are when you accept mediocrity over quality, kind of like when you buy a 2 year old an expensive toy for christmas and they rather play with the box instead.

Guess ignorance is bliss after all :)
---
#129JamanjaxPosted 1/3/2013 10:41:16 PM

Indeed, you actually think ME3 deserved GOTY after the ending blunder!
---
#130NightRainPosted 1/4/2013 12:29:31 AM
Jamanjax posted...

Indeed, you actually think ME3 deserved GOTY after the ending blunder!

And he's not alone on this.
---
Xbox 360/Wii
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots