This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the hell is The Walking Dead GOTY material?

#131JamanjaxPosted 1/4/2013 12:31:46 AM
And he's not alone on this.

And I'm not alone in thinking TWD is deserving of the award, so I fail to see your point. It doesn't change anything.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#132F_WolfPosted 1/4/2013 1:30:25 AM
mtjormitch posted...
horror_spooky posted...
Then you must be completely blind when it comes to storytelling at all then. Hm. No wonder your opinion is terrible, you most likely haven't even studied storytelling/Writing/pacing/characters at all!

I'm actually a professional writer. Granted, not of fiction, but I've studied all aspects of writing and have taken multiple classes focusing on plot structure and narrative.

The characters are developed mostly poorly. As soon as any genuine character development occurs, the game sees fit to axe those characters immediately, and then replace them with more characters, until by episode 5, you're just surrounded with a bunch of people you don't know **** about and have no substance.

The story is okay, though borrows many major moments we've already seen in TWD universe in other media. I really enjoyed one moment in the final episode that was very clever, though, but that one moment and a handful of others don't make up for a story that's filled with cliches, predictability, and a bit of deus ex machina thrown in the mix as well.

The seeds have been planted well so that a second season could potentially really use this first season to propel itself to new heights. There are a few loose ends at the end of the first season that have me excited, but we'll see.

You remind me a lot of those video game journalists that defended the ME3 ending. The worst ending in fiction history.

Yeah no.
#133nonexistingheroPosted 1/4/2013 5:01:13 AM
matu90rk posted...
In fact, the name "The Walking Dead" refers to the survivors and not the zombies.

That's just BS marketing. The survivors are alive. The zombies are dead. And they walk.

Anyone who actually believes that BS about the title referring to the survivors really needs to pull their head out of their ass. It's like making a movie called "The killer" and saying that the title is referring to the victim. It's dumb and makes no f***ing sense.

Also, The Walking Dead is a horrible 'game'. Good interactive movie? Sure. Alright point & click adventure? Sure. But it's really not much of a game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#134sonicteam2k1Posted 1/4/2013 5:24:52 AM
NightRain posted...
Jamanjax posted...
Guess ignorance is bliss after all :)

Indeed, you actually think ME3 deserved GOTY after the ending blunder!

And he's not alone on this.

at least mass effect 3 has gameplay. you know, something a "game" should have.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#135DuwstaiPosted 1/4/2013 5:26:49 AM
Walking Dead is the only video game that ever brought me to tears.

Episode 5 man... I knew the ultimate conclusion because I got spoiled.. but damn it still got me.

And it was pretty awesome all along the way. I felt like Kenny was my true bro. I f***ing hated Bens guts and wanted to kill him every second I stood next to his stupid face. I trusted that couple.

Characters were great man. Story was just a vehicle for those awesome moments with the characters. Its not my GOTY but it was awesome.
---
balls
#136Arucard05Posted 1/4/2013 6:03:26 AM
That's just BS marketing. The survivors are alive. The zombies are dead. And they walk.

Anyone who actually believes that BS about the title referring to the survivors really needs to pull their head out of their ass. It's like making a movie called "The killer" and saying that the title is referring to the victim. It's dumb and makes no f***ing sense.

Also, The Walking Dead is a horrible 'game'. Good interactive movie? Sure. Alright point & click adventure? Sure. But it's really not much of a game.

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but if not, have you ever heard the phrase "dead man walking"?

Just wondering.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#137nonexistingheroPosted 1/4/2013 6:12:19 AM
Which is entirely different. Walking dead is a term that has been used to describe zombies quite a few times, much like Undead, Living Dead, Ghouls and many other terms like it. It's a comic/show/game featuring zombies and it's called The Walking Dead. The very first thing that will spring to just about anyone's mind will be that it's about zombies.
---
#138Arucard05Posted 1/4/2013 6:32:32 AM
Which is entirely different. Walking dead is a term that has been used to describe zombies quite a few times, much like Undead, Living Dead, Ghouls and many other terms like it. It's a comic/show/game featuring zombies and it's called The Walking Dead. The very first thing that will spring to just about anyone's mind will be that it's about zombies.

Which like the franchise itself, turns out to be about people.

Clever, no?
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#139nonexistingheroPosted 1/4/2013 6:37:24 AM
There's nothing clever about a misleading title.
---
#140Combo MasterPosted 1/4/2013 6:38:50 AM
guild wars 2 is goty for me and it's not even close.Only other 2 games i liked are max payne 3 and the walking dead and I try a lot of games.

It's a very cool experience if your in the right mood and the story and voice acting to me are top notch.Gameplay was pretty bland though and shouldn't be goty
---
Combo Master