This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the hell is The Walking Dead GOTY material?

#151JamanjaxPosted 1/4/2013 3:50:15 PM
I think that's probably it.

I think it probably isn't. You simply didn't like the game.. Doesn't mean the game's quality is any higher or lower, and doesn't mean your standards are any higher or lower. You just didn't like it, and that's aight.

What was this moment you speak of?
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#152horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 3:55:38 PM
I did like the game. I reviewed each episode, on here albeit, and awarded the following scores:

1 - 7/10
2 - 8/10
3 - 8/10
4 - 8/10
5 - 8/10

I just think the game is hugely overrated and that there were much, muh better games that came out this year.

*SPOILERS*

I loved how the ending tied in to the beginning. Lee wound up back in handcuffs. Furthermore, the first meeting between Clementine and Lee was recreated, though they were in opposite positions, with Clementine having to repeatedly attack a zombie. This was an example of really good writing.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#153PurpleRockerPosted 1/4/2013 4:23:00 PM
Jamanjax posted...
Guess ignorance is bliss after all :)

Indeed, you actually think ME3 deserved GOTY after the ending blunder!

LOL, I'd take a 10/10 game with a bad ending over a consistent 6/10 game any day. ME3 was brilliant in every department -- gameplay, sound, story (sans the ending). TWD is just an interactive story that, in all honesty, isn't that good. Please stop fanboying over TWD and realize that, as a game it just isn't as good as the heavy hitters that released.
---
http://tinyurl.com/bxq2bxb
http://tinyurl.com/bt4e6ch
#154JamanjaxPosted 1/4/2013 4:25:02 PM
LOL, I'd take a 10/10 game with a bad ending over a consistent 6/10 game any day. ME3 was brilliant in every department -- gameplay, sound, story (sans the ending). TWD is just an interactive story that, in all honesty, isn't that good. Please stop fanboying over TWD and realize that, as a game it just isn't as good as the heavy hitters that released.

I'm not fanboying, it just seems like you're being irrational enough to judge a point-and-click game for it's lack of real gameplay. I don't even like the genre as a whole, but that's what I'm going to judge TWD in comparison to.. Not a wildly different genre that attempts to do something completely different.

As much as I dislike them, point-and-click adventures are still games. It's silly to think otherwise.

And there were quite a few story-related issues with ME3, ending aside. Just sayin'.
---
#155PurpleRockerPosted 1/4/2013 4:29:31 PM
Jamanjax posted...

I'm not fanboying, it just seems like you're being irrational enough to judge a point-and-click game for it's lack of real gameplay. I don't even like the genre as a whole, but that's what I'm going to judge TWD in comparison to.. Not a wildly different genre that attempts to do something completely different.

As much as I dislike them, point-and-click adventures are still games. It's silly to think otherwise.

And there were quite a few story-related issues with ME3, ending aside. Just sayin'.

For a game to even be in the running for GOTY, it has to have good gameplay. Period. Oh, the story was good? Then give it story of the year not f**** Game of The Year.
---
#156Deathx113Posted 1/4/2013 4:30:30 PM
PurpleRocker posted...
Jamanjax posted...

For a game to even be in the running for GOTY, it has to have good gameplay. Period. Oh, the story was good? Then give it story of the year not f**** Game of The Year.

So much ignorance in one post.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#157Arucard05Posted 1/4/2013 4:32:33 PM

Gaming has changed. Keep up or keep out.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#158JamanjaxPosted 1/4/2013 4:32:48 PM

There's nothing mechanically wrong with TWD's gameplay, though. It has everything a game of the genre should, and even a few surprise bits that one wouldn't expect in a game of its type. A game doesn't lack gameplay just because it isn't a balls to the wall, in your face, blowing **** away every second of the game sorta' thing.

Why does it trouble you so that it won GOTY, anyway? If it had been any other game, this sort of topic would be full of people claiming "oh, it doesn't matter, it's a meaningless award anyway". What's suddenly worth caring about now?
---
#159PurpleRockerPosted 1/4/2013 4:34:51 PM
Arucard05 posted...

Gaming has changed. Keep up or keep out.

But the gameplay from TWD would have been comfortable in 2001.
---
#160JamanjaxPosted 1/4/2013 4:36:16 PM
But the gameplay from TWD would have been comfortable in 2001.

I think Aru's post just went over your head.
---