This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the hell is The Walking Dead GOTY material?

#171NightRainPosted 1/4/2013 4:52:20 PM
Jamanjax posted...
You're just still butthurt that people don't like your favorite game. Find something else to do.

TWD's far from my favorite game, so I dunno what you're getting at. Why are you so angry?

Not even angry. Just annoyed. Ugh. There is not much else to say here anyway...
---
Xbox 360/Wii
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots
#172JamanjaxPosted 1/4/2013 4:53:53 PM
Not even angry. Just annoyed. Ugh. There is not much else to say here anyway...

You're too overly hostile to be anything but angry. I don't understand it. What's the point? Making baseless claims such as TWD being my favorite game?

I just think it's well-deserving of GOTY. That isn't even close to meaning it's my favorite game.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#173horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 4:54:04 PM
TWD is glitchy as **** though.

Freezes
My friend that plays it on Mac can't open the sliding glass door at the beginning of the first episode
I encountered a game-breaking glitch in episode 3 that forced me to buy the 4th episode
My brother encountered the same glitch as listed above
My brother encountered another glitch that sends him back to the first episode every time he selects episode 4, and it also erased his stats
My friend from my home board says his episode 1 keeps freezing at the same spot so he hasn't finished it
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#174Arucard05Posted 1/4/2013 4:54:07 PM
What was everyone's personal GOTY here? Mine was Persona 4 Golden.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#175JamanjaxPosted 1/4/2013 4:56:49 PM
TWD is glitchy as **** though.

Freezes
My friend that plays it on Mac can't open the sliding glass door at the beginning of the first episode
I encountered a game-breaking glitch in episode 3 that forced me to buy the 4th episode
My brother encountered the same glitch as listed above
My brother encountered another glitch that sends him back to the first episode every time he selects episode 4, and it also erased his stats
My friend from my home board says his episode 1 keeps freezing at the same spot so he hasn't finished it

I haven't encountered any of those.. Or even heard of any other than the sliding glass door issue. Guess I got lucky, all I dealt with was the stuttering here and there, lol.

I think it's pretty clear from this topic, but I also only played (well, completed) RE6, ME3, and TWD. I have a lot of catching up to do! If I had a Vita P4G would've probably taken the cake.. But I also played the original Persona 4 on PS2, so who knows.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#176JenniferTatePosted 1/4/2013 7:00:58 PM
The Walking Dead refers to the survivors we follow because they're doomed from the start. We just see the drama of how it all falls apart. Dead man walking and all.0
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#177BDzaPosted 1/4/2013 7:35:58 PM
Arucard05 posted...

Torchlight 2

Love how they improved a great dungeon crawler. Co-op with friends is a blast and I like the new pets. Wish I had the time to try out all the classes but for now 2 is all I can manage.

Although Xenoblade was really my favorite game I played in 2012. I keep getting into games that require months of play so I get backed up with games to play.
---
<G>A Brother who always helps the widow's son; are you a traveling man too?<G>
Addicted to->Xenoblade
#178SunDevil77Posted 1/4/2013 7:46:14 PM
PurpleRocker posted...
Jamanjax posted...
Maybe if it had been a better joke.. ;)

TWD was a bad joke.

You do realize you are part of a very small minority, right?
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#179Rome218Posted 1/4/2013 9:27:08 PM
I personally see it as a GOTY contender. While it wasn't my personal GOTY, there was a very strong line up of games in 2012.

I'm not a zombie fan or a point and click fan, but I loved The Walking Dead. It brought a unique experience jam packed with interesting characters, dialogue choices, and just a different way to experience a game.

The protagonist has become on of my favorites.

The only other point and click game I enjoyed was Monkey Island on PS2, but I never did finish it.

I read an article where Telltale games mentioned that the majority of people do not go on to finish the games, so they made it into episode content. Brilliant move and it worked. As fun as that Monkey Island game was, it really lost steam and I was bored by the time I stopped playing.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#180Rome218Posted 1/4/2013 9:28:53 PM
Arucard05 posted...

Max Payne 3 =D

I know it's just a linear shooter. However, it did a lot to stand out for me. I personally have not played a linear shooter so many times since Goldeneye on N64.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write