This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the hell is The Walking Dead GOTY material?

#181Arucard05Posted 1/4/2013 10:50:54 PM
Although Xenoblade was really my favorite game I played in 2012. I keep getting into games that require months of play so I get backed up with games to play.

That reminds me I really need to finish that game. I was so head over heels with it. I have about 45 hours into the game. Persona 4 Golden is really doing a number on my gaming time though.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#182StarskiRPosted 1/5/2013 4:06:48 AM
Socrato posted...
This is only the 2nd game that has come out this year that my wife has even bothered to play. Before this all she has ever played on Xbox 360 was Borderlands 1+2. Fallout 3, Oblivion and Fable 2. That tells me this is a special game.

It tells me your wife has only managed to play 1 good game(TWD).
---
XBL GT: CoryStarkiller
#183horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 10:14:49 AM
StarskiR posted...
Socrato posted...
This is only the 2nd game that has come out this year that my wife has even bothered to play. Before this all she has ever played on Xbox 360 was Borderlands 1+2. Fallout 3, Oblivion and Fable 2. That tells me this is a special game.

It tells me your wife has only managed to play 1 good game(TWD).

Well now, that was an incredibly dense statement.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#184TheBlueStigPosted 1/5/2013 10:47:53 AM
Arucard05 posted...
For a game to even be in the running for GOTY, it has to have good gameplay. Period. Oh, the story was good? Then give it story of the year not f**** Game of The Year.

Gaming has changed. Keep up or keep out.

Gaming changed 15 years ago when point and click games were finally killed off and deemed unacceptable.

Giving TWD any kind of GoTY status was bulls*** plain and simple.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#185MasterVadingPosted 1/5/2013 12:46:04 PM
Look at all the Hipsters hating on The Walking Dead.

_
---
2012-2013 Denver Broncos 12-3
http://i.imgur.com/E6hJ9.gif
#186bladegash666Posted 1/5/2013 12:59:38 PM
Arucard05 posted...
For a game to even be in the running for GOTY, it has to have good gameplay. Period. Oh, the story was good? Then give it story of the year not f**** Game of The Year.

Gaming has changed. Keep up or keep out.

Gaming changed 15 years ago when point and click games were finally killed off and deemed unacceptable.

Giving TWD any kind of GoTY status was bulls*** plain and simple.

I lol'd.
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
#187deimos91Posted 1/5/2013 1:51:30 PM
horror_spooky posted...
glassghost0 posted...
You obviously didn't play the game

Yes I did. Just completed episode 5.

It was good, but nowhere near as good as Mass Effect 3, Dishonored, New Super Mario Bros. U, Far Cry 3, Halo 4...It just wasn't.

Next up I will be playing Journey, which has gotten GOTY from GameSpot and IGN...I have my suspicions that it's also just a hugely overrated artsy fartsy (for the sake of being artsy fartsy game), but I am going to give it a shot anyway to see what the hubbub is about.

its leapyears ahead of ME3
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#188BDzaPosted 1/5/2013 2:14:39 PM
Arucard05 posted...
Although Xenoblade was really my favorite game I played in 2012. I keep getting into games that require months of play so I get backed up with games to play.

That reminds me I really need to finish that game. I was so head over heels with it. I have about 45 hours into the game. Persona 4 Golden is really doing a number on my gaming time though.

I had a similar issue with Xenoblade. I played it tons for about 3 months until I was surprised with a Wii U on launch day. Now that the holiday madness is over and I've finished Nintendoland I am back working at it.

Spent about 120+ hours on it so far and I finally reached the final dungeon this week. I am debating if I should finish the game story or spend time completing side quests...I know it allows NG+ but I don't know if I'll get around to replaying this great game.

Amazing how different each character controls and fights. I like trying new move setups while hunting down the last few rare items I need to completely restore Colony 6.

P4 gold looks pretty great, but I am trying to have some self control over purchasing another RPG like game.
---
<G>A Brother who always helps the widow's son; are you a traveling man too?<G>
Addicted to->Xenoblade
#189oomomowPosted 1/5/2013 6:07:16 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
A lot of people seem to love it for only it's story and characters, but bad gameplay... I scratch my head too since everyone says gameplay is what matters.
I guess if they release the LOTR's movies and you can point and click during scenes it will be GOTY too lol.

I didn't play it though... So, when I do, I'll let everyone know what I truly feel.

If they love the story but hate gameplay, get MGS HD Collection. Good story, characters, gameplay, and it does get pretty emotional. Gameplay wise, Peace Walker is the best. Story / Character / Emotion wise, I would have to give the point to Snake Eater.
---
V
#190horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 11:43:10 PM
Whoa, whoa, let's not make this a "hate on point-and-click" topic.

It's not even a "hate on TWD" topic.

Or it's not supposed to be at least.

It's a good game, just not a great one.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com