This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the hell is The Walking Dead GOTY material?

#191JamanjaxPosted 1/5/2013 11:51:25 PM
just not a great one.

Nah, it's a pretty great game.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#192horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 12:06:37 AM
I'd have to disagree, due to the bugs, cliched story, and the disappointment when you discover that no matter what choices you make, basically the same outcome occurs for all major events.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#193MasterVadingPosted 1/6/2013 12:09:42 AM
horror_spooky posted...
I'd have to disagree, due to the bugs, cliched story, and the disappointment when you discover that no matter what choices you make, basically the same outcome occurs for all major events.

Just like Heavy Rain, I only did 1 Playthrough. Not the best solution but it makes me appreciate the game more.

Didn't really run into bugs, just some slowdown.

_
---
2012-2013 Denver Broncos 12-3
http://i.imgur.com/E6hJ9.gif
#194JamanjaxPosted 1/6/2013 12:16:03 AM(edited)
and the disappointment when you discover that no matter what choices you make, basically the same outcome occurs for all major events.

I've never gotten this one. I've watched a few other people play the game, and though there aren't any radical differences since such things would kinda' work against the framework of the game's story, there were enough differences between each game that I didn't feel ripped off.

Not saying I could have a completely different experience than my first, but if I were to pick it up and start a new game, a lot of things would be different.

And cliche story isn't really a valid complaint. It's all in the execution, and TWD's was great. Just as Mass Effect is cliche as hell, but it's never bothered me because I absolutely love Bioware's execution. Well.. For the most part, lol.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#195Elswood2112Posted 1/6/2013 12:25:18 AM
Opinions.
---
PSN: Elswood2112
Steam/Origin: shirahadori
#196Mez Static MerizerPosted 1/6/2013 12:30:49 AM
Jamanjax posted...
and the disappointment when you discover that no matter what choices you make, basically the same outcome occurs for all major events.

I've never gotten this one. I've watched a few other people play the game, and though there aren't any radical differences since such things would kinda' work against the framework of the game's story, there were enough differences between each game that I didn't feel ripped off.

Not saying I could have a completely different experience than my first, but if I were to pick it up and start a new game, a lot of things would be different.

And cliche story isn't really a valid complaint. It's all in the execution, and TWD's was great. Just as Mass Effect is cliche as hell, but it's never bothered me because I absolutely love Bioware's execution. Well.. For the most part, lol.

My only complaint is that choices you make don't have an effect on how characters speak to you at all later down the road. I caught this on two instances. Even if you've always sided with Kenny, he'll still bring up how you've never been there for him. In another case, even if you've never told Lilly about your past in Episode 3, she still references your past right after the moment she kills Carly.
#197horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 12:47:31 AM
Simply put, the game promises that your choices "shape the story". When in reality, it'd be more accurate to say that your choices shape the dialogue, and the story is set in stone.

People are all angry that BioWare didn't fulfill their promise of not having an "A, B, or C ending" for Mass Effect 3, but TWD straight up lies to you at the beginning of every episode, but everyone's cool with that.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com