This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the hell is The Walking Dead GOTY material?

#21MeCha MaRiO JRPosted 1/3/2013 2:12:34 AM
Cloak973 posted...
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
It's just people exaggerating that they like some lame ass comic and some lame ass TV show because it has zombies in it.

A friend played through the game, I almost fell asleep.

Then comes the whole "durr big shot games suck! this game i like is better hurr" complaint from the lame asses.

Lol, The Walking Dead isn't even about zombies.....just goes to show how ignorant you are.

Of course everyone has their own opinions but The Walking Dead was better than any other game I played this year. Sure they're were some close ones, but none offered as much as TWD did

No, the reason why it is famous, is because it has zombies in it. No other TV show offers that at the moment. That is the ONLY reason why people watch it, if it was instead of refugees hiding and running from a war-torn area, no one would watch that.

Nope.

you're gonna honestly try and say you watched a show called the walking dead for something besides zombies? lol

Many people do. I for one watch it for the writing, the acting, the character development, the sets, and to see how well they make the changes they made from the graphic novels work.

It could absolutely be about a group of refugee's running around in a war-torn city or something and I would watch it if it was done well enough. There are people out there who enjoy other aspects of good TV. In this case, the zombies are only a fraction of the appeal.

Get your head out of your ass.
---
Xbox Live GT: Black Mesa Inc & Steam ID: JoeBeef
Reading isn't hard if you don't sweat comprehension.
#22darkness1018Posted 1/3/2013 2:12:43 AM
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
It's just people exaggerating that they like some lame ass comic and some lame ass TV show because it has zombies in it.

Then comes the whole "durr big shot games suck! this game i like is better hurr" complaint from the lame asses.

Lol, The Walking Dead isn't even about zombies.....just goes to show how ignorant you are.

Of course everyone has their own opinions but The Walking Dead was better than any other game I played this year. Sure they're were some close ones, but none offered as much as TWD did

No, the reason why it is famous, is because it has zombies in it. No other TV show offers that at the moment. That is the ONLY reason why people watch it, if it was instead of refugees hiding and running from a war-torn area, no one would watch that.

Nope.

He may be right. All of my friends who watch it plus my dad, all watch it cause of the zombies...lol. They love that the zombies rip things apart and arent watered down. Ive see a few eps and read a few of the comics as well, both of which i did cause of....you guessed it ZOMBIES :D.
---
PSN: nightwing2099
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#23VlayerPosted 1/3/2013 2:31:27 AM
It's GOTY material because of how well-written the story and characters are. The relationship between Lee and Clem is about a hundred times better than that lackluster relationship between Emily and Corvo in Dishonored.

The show has nothing to do with it, aside from maybe contributing to some of its initial success due to popularity. The game is better than the show in every way.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#24Arucard05Posted 1/3/2013 2:34:07 AM
This anyway, again people are so dumb, they're soooo many goty awards, not one single one

And the Walking Dead has been nominated for and has won a lot of them.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#25Dagoth_WitPosted 1/3/2013 2:37:22 AM
darkness1018 posted...
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

Nope.

He may be right. All of my friends who watch it plus my dad, all watch it cause of the zombies...lol. They love that the zombies rip things apart and arent watered down. Ive see a few eps and read a few of the comics as well, both of which i did cause of....you guessed it ZOMBIES :D.

You and your family only watching because of zombies does not equate to what he said. He exclaimed that EVERYONE that watches the show ONLY do so because of the zombies. That just isn't true.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#26stargazer1981Posted 1/3/2013 2:47:41 AM
Cloak973 posted...
you're gonna honestly try and say you watched a show called the walking dead for something besides zombies? lol

Robert Kirkman, the creator, has said on multiple occasions that the title "The Walking Dead" DOES NOT REFER TO ZOMBIES.

Anybody who thinks otherwise has never read the comic or seen the show. It's about the people living in the world, not the zombies.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#27glassghost0Posted 1/3/2013 2:57:04 AM
Arucard05 posted...
This anyway, again people are so dumb, they're soooo many goty awards, not one single one

And the Walking Dead has been nominated for and has won a lot of them.

ok? I'm for the game, lol
---
Signature OFF
#28StroutXPosted 1/3/2013 2:59:26 AM(edited)
MeCha MaRiO JR posted...
Cloak973 posted...
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

Nope.

Many people do. I for one watch it for the writing, the acting, the character development, the sets, and to see how well they make the changes they made from the graphic novels work.

It could absolutely be about a group of refugee's running around in a war-torn city or something and I would watch it if it was done well enough. There are people out there who enjoy other aspects of good TV. In this case, the zombies are only a fraction of the appeal.

Get your head out of your ass.

Agree'd. My entire family and basically everyone I know watch it, and whenever we do talk about it, about 99% of the time we don't even talk about the zombies. What do we talk about then? The story. The settings. The well written characters, which all do an amazing job of either making you love them or hate them and even care about them. My sisters cried when
*SPOILERS*

Carl shot Lori in a mercy killing. I felt like I was sucker punched in the stomach when T-Dog was killed. We all talked about who it could be on the phone calling Rick....etc.

*END SPOILERS*

The show is about not about zombies, but instead of the social and psychological impact. Just by simply looking the impact the two brothers, Daryl and Merle, arguably the most loved character and arguably the most hated respectively, have had on fans (Mainly women)... its easy to see how deep and enjoyable the show can be without the gruesome rip and tear YOUMUSTHAVEHUGEGUTS mentality.

If you're watching the show for the gore... as my Drill Sergeant always said...
You are WRONG.
#29matu90rkPosted 1/3/2013 3:12:22 AM
In fact, the name "The Walking Dead" refers to the survivors and not the zombies.
#30masterarbiter44Posted 1/3/2013 3:14:29 AM
The Walking Dead was one of the best games I've played in years. I love being able to interact with characters in a way that actually matters, and I love the story. Just a matter of opinion. But definitely game of the year to me and a lot of people.
---
It's about the games, not about the hardware