This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the hell is The Walking Dead GOTY material?

#31Arucard05Posted 1/3/2013 3:15:04 AM
Arucard05 posted...
This anyway, again people are so dumb, they're soooo many goty awards, not one single one

And the Walking Dead has been nominated for and has won a lot of them.

ok? I'm for the game, lol

Fair enough, I misunderstood your post. If nothing else I reiterated your point in English.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#32F_WolfPosted 1/3/2013 4:43:14 AM(edited)
Robin_Mask posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
It's just people exaggerating that they like some lame ass comic and some lame ass TV show because it has zombies in it.

A friend played through the game, I almost fell asleep.

Then comes the whole "durr big shot games suck! this game i like is better hurr" complaint from the lame asses.

Lol, The Walking Dead isn't even about zombies.....just goes to show how ignorant you are.

Of course everyone has their own opinions but The Walking Dead was better than any other game I played this year. Sure they're were some close ones, but none offered as much as TWD did

No, the reason why it is famous, is because it has zombies in it. No other TV show offers that at the moment. That is the ONLY reason why people watch it, if it was instead of refugees hiding and running from a war-torn area, no one would watch that.

Not. Even. Close.

1) People watch it for the character relations and strong character focus.
2) I'd like to point you at Falling Skies (and a bunch of other shows, actually, now that I think of it), which is LITERALLY what you just said without zombies...and it has a huge fan base...because, you guessed it...character relations and strong character focus.
3) If you are watching Walking Dead just because "Lol zombies" that you must be REALLY disappointed because they barely play a roll in it at all.
#33Hales69Posted 1/3/2013 6:04:37 AM
IMO The Walking Dead game was one of the best games I've played in years. I cared about the characters and the ending nearly moved me to tears, as I was so invested in the story and in the relationship between Lee and Clem. I have been a gamer for many years and I can honestly say that this was the first game to have that kind of emotional impact on me(and friends of mine too) which I feel is testament to how well written and acted the story was. I for one can't wait for more games to follow Tge Walking Dead's lead and try to tell a story that is mature and emotionally engaging.

Plus to the guy who said that people only watch/read The Walking Dead because of the zombies, I'll admit the zombies was what first made me read the comic(not a fan of the show) but the story is about so much more then that. It's about family, friendship, the lengths people go to to survive whilst losing their humanity in the process... I read a lot of comics and in my opinion the walking dead is one of the best comics on the market today. It's dark, mature and constantly shocking. If you think it's just about zombies, you're missing the point.
---
I have a man crush on Charlie Brooker!
#34MinamoPosted 1/3/2013 6:12:16 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
No, the reason why it is famous, is because it has zombies in it. No other TV show offers that at the moment. That is the ONLY reason why people watch it, if it was instead of refugees hiding and running from a war-torn area, no one would watch that.

Oh god, this so hard.
#35KtuluheroIIPosted 1/3/2013 6:22:31 AM
A lot of people seem to love it for only it's story and characters, but bad gameplay... I scratch my head too since everyone says gameplay is what matters.
I guess if they release the LOTR's movies and you can point and click during scenes it will be GOTY too lol.

I didn't play it though... So, when I do, I'll let everyone know what I truly feel.

You don't play point and click adventures for gameplay.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
#36EliteGuard99Posted 1/3/2013 6:47:43 AM
anonymous4ever posted...
horror_spooky posted...
glassghost0 posted...
You obviously didn't play the game

Yes I did. Just completed episode 5.

It was good, but nowhere near as good as Mass Effect 3, Dishonored, New Super Mario Bros. U, Far Cry 3, Halo 4...It just wasn't.

Next up I will be playing Journey, which has gotten GOTY from GameSpot and IGN...I have my suspicions that it's also just a hugely overrated artsy fartsy (for the sake of being artsy fartsy game), but I am going to give it a shot anyway to see what the hubbub is about.

I'm not sure what you were expecting. I went into the game knowing it was more unnecessary drama than game. I still enjoyed it immensely for what it was. I'm eagerly anticipating season 2.

It's true that's it's more unnecessary drama than game, and there are just so many moments that left me going "this really happened?" after chapter/episode (whatever) 2. Not to mention there are more B movie zombie cliche's than you can swing a bat at.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#37hooblabla6262Posted 1/3/2013 6:52:03 AM
The show is about the zombies, though it is starting to steer away from that.
The comic is not about the zombies.
This game is not about the zombies.
Not just my opinion, but Kirkmans.

You haven't realised this because A. You missed the point, or B. Because you are overly engrossed by the violence in TWD instead of the conflict.
That's the issue with television. It reaches a larger audience, and that larger audience is full of nothing but gore loving tards.

At one point everyone will realise that zombies are not a real threat, but other survivors are.

And for those who don't like this game, no need to fret. You can go play the television version of the game when it comes out. I'll stick with my well written story with actual emotionally engaging characters.

All that being said, Far Cry 3 should be game of the year. Walking Dead should be best story, or best character, or best immersion. You get what I'm saying.
#38GorgerrPosted 1/3/2013 6:54:20 AM
Lots of fail criticisim in this thread. Who made the golden rule on how games are supposed to be made? I actually really like deep stories and heavy dialogue based games. Point-and-click adventure games are still one of my top favorite genre like they were back in the early 90's.

Not every game needs the Michael Bey effects, cheesy characters or big shootouts every five minutes. And it seems like I'm not alone thinking that. This game has already won more than 30 GOTYs from various sites.. and I have yet to see Call of Duty win one.
#39EliteGuard99Posted 1/3/2013 6:54:24 AM
MeCha MaRiO JR posted...

Many people do. I for one watch it for the writing, the acting, the character development, the sets, and to see how well they make the changes they made from the graphic novels work.

It could absolutely be about a group of refugee's running around in a war-torn city or something and I would watch it if it was done well enough. There are people out there who enjoy other aspects of good TV. In this case, the zombies are only a fraction of the appeal.

Get your head out of your ass.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yah, good one man! With the whole "character development", oh and the script too! Im clutching my sides because they hurt so much from laughing so hard! Wonderful script in the Walking Dead! AAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#40DeltaMerrixPosted 1/3/2013 7:18:17 AM
The game is just like Justin Bieber. Enough people like it, it gets an award.