This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the hell is The Walking Dead GOTY material?

#41Arucard05Posted 1/3/2013 7:19:54 AM
The game is just like Justin Bieber. Enough people like it, it gets an award.

Which is why Call of Duty, Halo and World of Warcraft trade off being the Game of the Year every ye--oh dear I'm afraid your analogy is falling apart.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#42SocratoPosted 1/3/2013 7:28:32 AM
This is only the 2nd game that has come out this year that my wife has even bothered to play. Before this all she has ever played on Xbox 360 was Borderlands 1+2. Fallout 3, Oblivion and Fable 2. That tells me this is a special game.
#43hyjinx17Posted 1/3/2013 7:31:45 AM
Socrato posted...
This is only the 2nd game that has come out this year that my wife has even bothered to play. Before this all she has ever played on Xbox 360 was Borderlands 1+2. Fallout 3, Oblivion and Fable 2. That tells me this is a special game.

tells me your wife is really picky
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#44bladegash666Posted 1/3/2013 8:11:12 AM
People still jell that TWD is the GOTY? Hahahahahaha. People come up with choices like ME3, and Halo 4.

It's insulting to put ME3 up there with actual good games like Dishonored and FC3.
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
#45JamanjaxPosted 1/3/2013 8:20:22 AM
Lol, I can guarantee that those who are claiming people only like The Walking Dead for the zombies have never watched/read/played anything TWD-related.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#46Arucard05Posted 1/3/2013 8:22:06 AM
Lol, I can guarantee that those who are claiming people only like The Walking Dead for the zombies have never watched/read/played anything TWD-related.

That's the draw of course. People come for the zombies, then SURPRISE! Character drama.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#47JamanjaxPosted 1/3/2013 8:25:39 AM
That's the draw of course. People come for the zombies, then SURPRISE! Character drama.

I mean, yeah, I'll admit that I'm a sucker for zombies, so that helped to draw me in. But the main appeal is indeed that character drama, the effects that such a situation has on people and the depths they'll go to in order to make it out alive. Tbh, I think the conversation with the stranger in episode five summarizes TWD perfectly. Much more than anything in the comics or show.

But then again, I also think the game told a better story than the comic or show as well, lol.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#48BlueJester007Posted 1/3/2013 8:27:54 AM
Arucard05 posted...

---
Look, if you want me to go take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I can. I got spare time.
#49ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 1/3/2013 8:39:28 AM
i agree tc. great story up till episode 5 but everything else is just horrendous
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
#50FoxtrotDelta88Posted 1/3/2013 8:54:22 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
It's just people exaggerating that they like some lame ass comic and some lame ass TV show because it has zombies in it.

A friend played through the game, I almost fell asleep.

Then comes the whole "durr big shot games suck! this game i like is better hurr" complaint from the lame asses.

Lol, The Walking Dead isn't even about zombies.....just goes to show how ignorant you are.

Of course everyone has their own opinions but The Walking Dead was better than any other game I played this year. Sure they're were some close ones, but none offered as much as TWD did

No, the reason why it is famous, is because it has zombies in it. No other TV show offers that at the moment. That is the ONLY reason why people watch it, if it was instead of refugees hiding and running from a war-torn area, no one would watch that.

The zombies are actually a backdrop in The Walking Dead. The real story in TWD is how the human characters interact with one another in a post apocalyptic zombie invasion, and how humans are able to co-exist with one another in a time like that
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City