This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the hell is The Walking Dead GOTY material?

#61EliteGuard99Posted 1/3/2013 10:23:08 AM(edited)
KtuluheroII posted...

She had a complete and utter mental breakdown. Everyone she knows is dieing/dead, she can't get along with most of the people in the group, and she just found out someone is giving away the supplies. She snapped. It wasn't "hurr durr she call me bad names I kill now" like you said.

Sure you could argue she was having a mental breakdown, but that doesn't justify her blatant stupidity, hell if she even bothered to get to know the people she was "leader" of she would have realized that no one has any motive for stealing and leaking supplies in the group with the sole exception of Ben.

All it does is further prove what a terrible leader she really is just like Carley said she was, let's face it, she killed her just because the plot (stupidly) demanded it, and to make the audience "err me gerrrd she shotz her!" (once more unnecessary drama).

I honestly would have removed that psycho from our group long ago (if the game would of let me), glad I left her on the side of the road

---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#62horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 11:37:26 AM
Now u just confirmed that you are lying because both dishonored and new super Mario bros u sucked terribly. The two worst games I played this year.
What

Lots of fail criticisim in this thread. Who made the golden rule on how games are supposed to be made? I actually really like deep stories and heavy dialogue based games. Point-and-click adventure games are still one of my top favorite genre like they were back in the early 90's.
I like deep stories too, and point-and-click adventure games is one of my favorite genres. The Walking Dead: The Game does not have a deep story, and it's not even the best point-and-click adventure game released this year. Professor Layton and Zero Escape wipe the floor with it.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#63tubb311Posted 1/3/2013 12:24:05 PM
I loved it. i wouldn't give a GOTY, but i liked it a lot. it sounds to me like the OP just didn't know what he was buying, and expected a different game than he got.
#64horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 3:00:03 PM
tubb311 posted...
I loved it. i wouldn't give a GOTY, but i liked it a lot. it sounds to me like the OP just didn't know what he was buying, and expected a different game than he got.

No.

I KNEW I was buying a point and click adventure game, and I LIKE POINT AND CLICK ADVENTURE GAMES! A LOT!

My criticisms have nothing to do with the fact that TWD is a point and click adventure game.
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#65JamanjaxPosted 1/3/2013 3:18:30 PM
tubb311 posted...

No.

I KNEW I was buying a point and click adventure game, and I LIKE POINT AND CLICK ADVENTURE GAMES! A LOT!

My criticisms have nothing to do with the fact that TWD is a point and click adventure game.

Then what do you consider to be the point-and-click adventure game of 2012?
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#66Skunkdog1Posted 1/3/2013 3:21:41 PM
it isnt GOTY material, people are just giving it undeserved praise because it has "the walking dead" as its title. its riding on the coat tails of its equally overrated show. i guarantee you that if this was under the title of anything else that it would not be as successful as it is.

i just dont understand how people are letting tell tale get away with this game that they touted as "the story that changes on how you play" when thats simply not true. sure, choice A might be different than choice B but the end result is still going to be the same. if tell tale really wanted to do something like this than should have taken a page out of heavy rains book where choices and the players successes and failures drastically alter the story, the ending and character interactions. plus its also wildly inconsistent, especially when kenny called me out on "never being there for him" despite the fact that i took his side on every important decision and looked after everyone in his family.

not to mention its price point is way too much for the content provided. theres no extras and no replay value and i cant justify paying full price for this game with a lack of content. i can point to several other downloadable games released this year that have longer campaigns,, multiplayer, bonus content and cost far less that got little to no attention. i also cant call this GOTY material when i can point to literally every other game released this year that i played that bests it every category across the board.
#67horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 3:22:08 PM
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#68KtuluheroIIPosted 1/3/2013 3:24:34 PM
Aren't you the guy who said Minecraft was one of the best zombie games?
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
#69JamanjaxPosted 1/3/2013 3:50:58 PM
it isnt GOTY material, people are just giving it undeserved praise because it has "the walking dead" as its title. its riding on the coat tails of its equally overrated show. i guarantee you that if this was under the title of anything else that it would not be as successful as it is.

Considering the show is so damn slow and sloppily written at points, though it has improved on that.. Who cares? If someone got suckered into playing it because of that, then good for them, as they likely experienced something better than the show could offer them. It is GOTY material, and it won just as it should've because it brought a genre that was kinda' dead in the water back into the limelight, if only for a short time. It's also rather solid proof that a game can tell a story with just as much depth and emotional attachment than something from any other form of media. If you don't like it, that's fine, but these things go a long way in a year that was mostly full of sequels, and sequels that turned out to be disappointments for that matter.

It's just all too convenient to write it off as "just another zombie game" (though I could count the times I saw a horde on one hand), or something that's riding on the coat tails of a show it's superior too when you're a little bitter over it winning an award that's ultimately meaningless anyway.

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Huh, actually kinda' surprised. I expected something completely different, but that is a good choice. Not GOTY-worthy imo tho, considering it wasn't nearly as important a game.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#70Deathx113Posted 1/3/2013 3:55:26 PM
What it all comes down to is everybodys got different oppionionsss, cause I've got one hand on the keyboard and another on the mou ou ousssee..

Seriously though, you either love the story, or you don't love it.

If you have to ask why it is GoTY you are someone who isn't into story games, its cool, go back to CoD/Dishonored or w/e else.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"