This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fishing games Xbox 360

#1progmer321Posted 1/3/2013 12:53:57 PM
If you don't like fishing games then this topic don't apply to you. If you have played them,but gave up because they got boring or never had anything new, add your comments of what you would wanna see to find interest in the types of games. The reason for this post is to see how many agree they would wanna see a fishing game with online multiplayer for the xbox 360. If you noticed that's the only category not to have a single online multiplayer game. All others including hunting, have at least 1 game you can play online and I find it frustrating you don't see a single fishing online.

I think it would be fun to compete online to have the highest weight amount at the end of a match or even a team mode like 2 vs 2 or maybe even a points system that rewards you for leveling up,almost like the prestige in call of duty. I think that would be fun in a fishing game with online multiplayer, and the more you play and level up, the more gear choice you have than the lower rank.

I think that would motivate more play to wanna play and see what the higher rank has. Who else would find a fishing game with online multiplayer interesting, with those additional features? I wish they would just make one for the xbox 360 like they had for the original xbox, which was called "Pro Fishing Challenge" made by Atlus. What's your opinion?

Anything that would motivate you into a fishing game? Add your comments?
#2Stray_ZeroPosted 1/3/2013 1:43:58 PM
Well, for starters, there's the Rapala fishing games, but I've never heard much about it...

But what I like most however is Sega Bass Fishing for its arcade-y style and play, lol. (Now if only the brought Sega Marine Fishing over, lol.) :3
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#3Ryan2002Posted 1/3/2013 2:24:19 PM(edited)
I played the Rapala Pro Bass Fishing 2010 and thought it was really fun. You get a good variety of lures/rods and the fish are plentiful. What I liked most was the 'free fish' mode where you could just do fish. Nothing else, no time limits. You drive your boat where you think a particular fish is, and plunk your line it. The animations are solid too. There are different weather effects as well and a day/dusk cycle. If you can, get it with the included Rapala fishing controller.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://tinyurl.com/45pdkzf http://oi48.tinypic.com/ip48x1.jpg http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg
#4SEGA128DCPosted 1/3/2013 10:27:07 PM
Hmm, Sega sure did corner the arcade style fishing game market, back in the day. It would be nice if there were more 'arcade' style fishing games, instead of the simulation games out now...
---
Rise from your grave...
#5liquidblue4Posted 1/3/2013 11:09:20 PM
FIFA is a good phishing game...
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
#6darkharePosted 1/3/2013 11:30:00 PM
SEGA128DC posted...
Hmm, Sega sure did corner the arcade style fishing game market, back in the day. It would be nice if there were more 'arcade' style fishing games, instead of the simulation games out now...

i agree with this, if i wanted to play a realistic fishing game i would actually go fishing. id like something thats a cross between world of warcraft/ultima online, pokeman and animal crossing. i played wow over a year and did nothing but fishing, i still to this day pick up animal crossing and play it cause i enjoy finding and collecting the stuff, and i like the amount of detail that goes into all the pokeman
---
i thought i ate 'em all, but i looked down and saw another one!!!
#7glassghost0Posted 1/3/2013 11:32:34 PM
liquidblue4 posted...

lol
---
Signature OFF
#8EZ_711Posted 1/3/2013 11:47:44 PM
SEGA128DC posted...
It would be nice if there were more 'arcade' style fishing games, instead of the simulation games out now...

This. Reading this topic brings back fond memories of the fishing mini-game in Dark Cloud 2 back on the ps2. I can't go into detail about it but for anyone who's played it, I'm sure you can agree with me that a game like that could work once the addictive formula that was acquiring, raising, breeding and racing the fish is substantially expanded upon.
#9cup_a_soupPosted 1/4/2013 3:04:26 AM
darkhare posted...
SEGA128DC posted...

i agree with this, if i wanted to play a realistic fishing game i would actually go fishing. id like something thats a cross between world of warcraft/ultima online, pokeman and animal crossing. i played wow over a year and did nothing but fishing, i still to this day pick up animal crossing and play it cause i enjoy finding and collecting the stuff, and i like the amount of detail that goes into all the pokeman

Then check out Final Fantasy XI. That game is still going strong online.
#10progmer321(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 5:28:44 PM
liquidblue4 posted...

Look in the dictionary if you call FIFA fishing. That isn't a fishing game. I don't know why some seem to think when it comes to fishing the only fun is the real sport. Yeah,real fishing is way better, from the excercise, to the dinner, but what difference is a game of fishing than basketball, or any other sports? A fishing game is still fun if you can throw in online multiplayer and compete with others.