This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

8Gb RAM will NOT be enough for Next Gen Xbox...

#101MRL3G3NDPosted 1/4/2013 12:49:09 PM
Akaimizu posted...
Even now, I think PC gamers have lowered their standards for best-looking graphics. Even Skyrim on PC, with all the crazy Mods attached for *(prettier graphics)*, or most Ultra graphics (at very high PC hardware cost), fails to really impress me over the console graphics, these days.

Sure, it's an improvement, but it is marginal thanks to today's level of diminishing returns. It's like the difference between one thing, and a few shinier surfaces, here and there, or a few more sun ray and blocking plant-life induced shadows. Both still look pretty and still come short of realism. It's like an Uncanny Valley issue, but for the world. Unless you get it perfect, there's no reason to shoot that high.

Ultra graphics often feel like a waste of resources to me. My opinion, but I just don't see the difference to be good enough. Better to drop it and get the framerate, IMO.

I did notice that gamepad-controller games are way more friendly to lower frame-rates than keyboard and mouse. Farcry 3 is a great example. Just about any PC (at this time), can turn the graphics up so it slows to around 30-40fps. Graphics look nice, but again, not exactly thrilling me. However, using keyboard and mouse, that framerate leaves a good bit to be desired due to the *quick* and *paranoid* way people whip around the screen when using a mouse. However, plug a controller into that same PC, and it's fine around there. People are generally more smooth and reserved, in their look actions, when using the right stick to view.

Technically, they don't have to do a lot to bring things up to modern PC standards, but then PCs will need to really go somewhere else to actually impress, by then. It's going to take a lot to breach the current Uncanny Valley limitations we have. One for which a major boost in power will need to get over.

thats because most PC games are console ports...it's cheaper to develop for the weakest link...and since the weakest link is selling more, you get the same textures on PC that you get on consoles...more fps...and sharper low res console textures...

I noticed this with max payne, and far cry 3

Games actually developed with dx11 from the ground up...BF3...watch dogs...you can see it right off the back...

also PC games don't have auto aim, which makes them difficult to play with controllers
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#102TiamatKillerPosted 1/4/2013 8:38:36 PM
I'm sorry, did you say that you didn't see much of a difference between console Skyrim and modded Skyrim? lolwut

What, did you use one graphics mod? You can overhaul the graphics of Skyrim and make it look gorgeous.

I mean, you can make Oblivion look like it came out in 2010 with mods alone...and some of the graphics mods make the game look like 2012 (where it changes the locales).
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#103chrcolPosted 1/5/2013 12:20:53 AM
one reason the xbox360 has poor loading times in games is the low ram, it cant cache anything.
#104KID VIDPosted 1/5/2013 12:37:02 AM
SoF-Rambo posted...
TheRob posted...
gabrius posted...
CaPwnD posted...
His name is Robert Paulson

His name is Robert Paulson

His name is Paul Robertson

His name is Son Robertpaul

His name is Paul Sonrobert
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#105levyjl1988Posted 1/5/2013 12:48:04 AM
Remember the days of the n64. Donkey Kong 64 I believe... It had an expansion pack for memory that you had to switch to allow more games that demanded it. Imagine a base console. If ram gets quite expensive consumers may have to purchase expandable ram and switch it easily in the way the n64 did and that could perhaps solve the expensive production of consoles. However it would be bad and terrible for consumers unless they are willing to throw in the extra dough.
---
PKMN B2 FC: 1034 9038 3436
#106Gwildor123Posted 1/5/2013 5:15:01 AM
You guys know RAM the computer chip that makes your computer faster is spelled the same way as the animal Ram?
---
Stelio, Stelio Kantos, Stelio
#107digiblasterPosted 1/5/2013 5:36:22 AM
360 had 512Mb RAM, 256Mb of which was used for games
Wii U has 2Gb of RAM, 1Gb of which is used for games (and whether you like it or not, it is a technical step up from the current-gen consoles)

8Gb won't be enough

What
#108knightimexPosted 1/5/2013 8:29:02 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
also PC games don't have auto aim, which makes them difficult to play with controllers

This is seriously false and proves you are not a pc gamer.

I can give a list of new games that offer aim assist (auto aim)

Serious sam 3 on pc has an aim assist that's even better than on console.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#109L0ZPosted 1/5/2013 8:40:03 AM
but my pc has 8GB and STILL will pwn all of the next consoles -pc master race
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#110s2good(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 9:04:32 AM
L0Z posted...
but my pc has 8GB and STILL will pwn all of the next consoles -pc master race

Do you and all the other clueless people on here think that will be enough RAM to run a full 1080p+ game in 4-5 years???
---
XBLIVE - Sonic B0000M NNID - Sonic_B0000M
PSN - Dragon--Punch STEAM - Sonic B0000M