This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

8Gb RAM will NOT be enough for Next Gen Xbox...

#91s2good(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 7:48:52 AM
aheroafake posted...
Forgottonone posted...
Hey Tc your dumb...

Oh the irony, lol. If you're going to accuse someone of being dumb, spell "you're" correctly.

haha you're correct he is.
---
XBLIVE - Sonic B0000M NNID - Sonic_B0000M
PSN - Dragon--Punch STEAM - Sonic B0000M
#92NewShirePosted 1/4/2013 8:08:42 AM
Oh well, no sense in getting a PC until the last couple years of the next consoles lifespan. Games will default to console quality because consoles are far more popular.

Because of this, I hope consoles creators do what's best. I'm confident they learned a lot from this generation and they'll do the right thing for consumers.

Whatever Microsoft and (to a lesser extent) Sony end up doing will greatly affect even PC gamers. Sucks for them, but that's just the way of things.
---
Taste the torture that I endure!
#93FFTHEWINNERPosted 1/4/2013 9:03:51 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
s2good posted...
However, RAMs are very expensive and this will mean some decisions will have to be made by console makers on whether they can make these systems affordable to the consumer.

I stopped reading right there, you obviously haven't tried to purchase any PC RAM sticks in the last few years, you can get very good very fast large capacity RAM sticks for very cheap prices, and that's at the RETAIL level.

Console makers do NOT buy at the retail level, they buy wholesale at MASSIVE discounts.

And there's the plain and simple FACT that just because a system has expensive components inside it does NOT mean it has to be sold at a massive pricetag. Every console released since the Atari 2600 except for the Wii was released at a per-system loss to the manufacturer.

Sony learned the hard way that bumping the consumer price of the console up is a BAD IDEA.

---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#942DshmuploverPosted 1/4/2013 9:06:39 AM
8GB RAM will be more than enough. It will have a low footprint OS compared to the PC and will be entirely dedicated to games. It's a huge amount of RAM.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#95Perfect LightPosted 1/4/2013 9:10:11 AM
CaPwnD posted...
*is crushed under wall of text*

You know a wall doesn't have a bunch of holes in it, right? A wall of text is a long paragraph that is unbroken, the exact opposite of what the TC wrote.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ttwUaXfRDA
Upcoming gaming series which goes in-depth to the games we all love
#96my_name_is_EdPosted 1/4/2013 9:14:04 AM
triple s posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
If todays pattern is indication...it doesn't matter

I have 6GB of RAM on my PC and a see little to no difference between consoles and PC right now

BECAUSE...games are developed for consoles and ported over to PC's...they just up rez the textures to 1080p, and add mor fps...maybe a little extra fog...

Far cry 3 recommended RAM is 4-8GB...thats roughly 8-16x's the amount of RAM the 360 has...but in a side by side comparison...it just looks like the PC version (on ultra) is more clear...same textures same everything...

http://youtu.be/QT54QWvAOgQ

back in the day they used to develop for PC THEN dumb it down for consoles...but now they have gotten smarter and all games (except BF3) , have been designed from the weakest link...the console...

gaming is in a sad state right now, but they did it to themselves

The 1080p bump alone makes for much more detailed graphics. You have to be on some REALLY good drugs to not see the difference in graphics between PC and 360. Your 6GB of RAM has nothing to do with that...

...have you done any drugs? You completely confuse the effect of drugs and video games.
---
Rosewill Challenger
Member of the new PCH Steam group. See quote
#97DeathScythe_527Posted 1/4/2013 10:53:09 AM
I don't see what the problem is. If the consoles need more ram next gen they can just download more.
---
i5-3450 | HD 6870 | 4GB DDR3 | H61MGC | 1TB HDD | PSN: DANomite93
#98MRL3G3NDPosted 1/4/2013 11:11:13 AM
DeathScythe_527 posted...
I don't see what the problem is. If the consoles need more ram next gen they can just download more.

lmao really tell us more!
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#99Dragon NexusPosted 1/4/2013 12:26:11 PM
lmao really tell us more!

Hook, line, sinker, rod and copy of Angling Times,
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#100AkaimizuPosted 1/4/2013 12:41:52 PM(edited)
Even now, I think PC gamers have lowered their standards for best-looking graphics. Even Skyrim on PC, with all the crazy Mods attached for *(prettier graphics)*, or most Ultra graphics (at very high PC hardware cost), fails to really impress me over the console graphics, these days.

Sure, it's an improvement, but it is marginal thanks to today's level of diminishing returns. It's like the difference between one thing, and a few shinier surfaces, here and there, or a few more sun ray and blocking plant-life induced shadows. Both still look pretty and still come short of realism. It's like an Uncanny Valley issue, but for the world. Unless you get it perfect, there's no reason to shoot that high.

Ultra graphics often feel like a waste of resources to me. My opinion, but I just don't see the difference to be good enough. Better to drop it and get the framerate, IMO.

I did notice that gamepad-controller games are way more friendly to lower frame-rates than keyboard and mouse. Farcry 3 is a great example. Just about any PC (at this time), can turn the graphics up so it slows to around 30-40fps. Graphics look nice, but again, not exactly thrilling me. However, using keyboard and mouse, that framerate leaves a good bit to be desired due to the *quick* and *paranoid* way people whip around the screen when using a mouse. However, plug a controller into that same PC, and it's fine around there. People are generally more smooth and reserved, in their look actions, when using the right stick to view.

Technically, they don't have to do a lot to bring things up to modern PC standards, but then PCs will need to really go somewhere else to actually impress, by then. It's going to take a lot to breach the current Uncanny Valley limitations we have. One for which a major boost in power will need to get over.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)