This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hardcore RPG fans...I NEED THOU! (Oblivion GOTY topic)

#1bladegash666Posted 1/4/2013 7:29:40 AM
Ok , so I got a copy of Oblivion GOTY , and I wanted to know...what are the pitfalls? I heard something about a vampire glitch of some sort , and it's put me off playing for now.

I've played all the TES games , but I've only beat Morrowind and Skyrim , but I still feel like a noob. What stuff should I watch out for in TES4? Any advice?
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
#2JKSonicPosted 1/4/2013 7:37:10 AM
Save often and you'll never have a problem since you can always reload 8o)

That's the best advice anybody can give you for any ES game, lol. But more specifically as far as I remember I never had to reload too far back in this game expect when I accidentally killed somebody or failed a mission or something like that. I had much more glitches in Skyrim, one where I lost about 5 hours of gameplay because the glitch didn't show itself for a long time.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#3FFTHEWINNERPosted 1/4/2013 7:40:47 AM
Oblivion is the weakest by far. It is the only game i have ever played that i can never touch except on pc even though i hate pc gaming(except for Visual Novels)as the console version is the weakest by far bc it has no mods that fix the game like the pc version does. The biggest problems for me were that enemies level with you which removes all immersion from the game and that 3rd person view is unbearable.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#4BeastLeeAdamsPosted 1/4/2013 7:41:29 AM
There are very few glitches, same with Skyrim. I played both with only one play through and did most missions with almost no problems.
#5bladegash666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 7:44:08 AM
Save often and you'll never have a problem since you can always reload 8o)

That's the best advice anybody can give you for any ES game, lol. But more specifically as far as I remember I never had to reload too far back in this game expect when I accidentally killed somebody or failed a mission or something like that. I had much more glitches in Skyrim, one where I lost about 5 hours of gameplay because the glitch didn't show itself for a long time.

Ok , TY. What about this Vampire glitch though? Seems nasty.

Oblivion is the weakest by far. It is the only game i have ever played that i can never touch except on pc even though i hate pc gaming(except for Visual Novels)as the console version is the weakest by far bc it has no mods that fix the game like the pc version does. The biggest problems for me were that enemies level with you which removes all immersion from the game and that 3rd person view is unbearable.

I mainly got it because I heard the Dark Brotherhood questline was amazing. It was less than 20 so WTH.

From: BeastLeeAdams | Posted: 1/4/2013 10:41:29 AM | #004
There are very few glitches, same with Skyrim. I played both with only one play through and did most missions with almost no problems.

Is it smoother when you install? Because I install Skyrim and noticed almost no difference.
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
#6ilikemilkmmmPosted 1/4/2013 7:51:50 AM
oblivion is better than skyrim. just play it, you might lose a questline or two to glitches but thats to be expected with bethesda. its still an amazing game
#7bladegash666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 7:52:41 AM
oblivion is better than skyrim. just play it, you might lose a questline or two to glitches but thats to be expected with bethesda. its still an amazing game

Damn. An entire questline?
---
#8JKSonicPosted 1/4/2013 7:58:39 AM
I'd rank the three I played (well I mean I "played" the older ones but not really PLAYED)...

Skyrim > Oblivion > Morrowind. I really think people view Morrowind through nostalgia tinted glasses a lot of the time...

That's even unmodded and with Skyrim and Oblivion both being on the 360. But that's just my opinion.

If I remember correctly there was a questline that I lost due to a glitch but it wasn't a major one. I think the biggest possibility for glitches is if you do stuff like the DarkBrotherhood quests before others because you can potentially kill people you need later. I think the same if you steal stuff when just freelancing that you need later for the thief quests...
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#9pothocketPosted 1/4/2013 8:03:44 AM
Not sure if this is the Vampire glitch but I remember my girlfriend got turned into one and the quest giver that has to do with the quest to heal yourself from the condition...she's only awake during the day and sleeps at night.

Girlfriend broken into her shack at night to demand a cure and aggro'd her. Pretty funny stuff.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#10Super CreaturesPosted 1/4/2013 11:49:04 AM
JKSonic posted...
I think the biggest possibility for glitches is if you do stuff like the DarkBrotherhood quests before others because you can potentially kill people you need later.

But, would you really call that a glitch?

It sounds to me more like an intentional side-effect.

The Fighter's Guild and Thieve's Guild in Morrowind were the same way, one of the FG's missions required you to kill a certain TG member, that was required for some of the TG missions, so you couldn't progress in the guild if you hadn't already done those missions.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.