This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live: No Longer the Gold Standard

#131Dragoon StarPosted 1/5/2013 1:38:20 AM(edited)
Only way to let MS know that charging for live is not good at all is just by getting a console that gives it free like the next playstation. Talk with your money. I am a PC elitist btw and I just feel it is hilarious charging for online. Especially when you host off other people most of the time and do not even get the bare minimum which are dedicated servers.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice. Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand. Including me. - Dawn and Dusk
#132Rob_the_NinjaPosted 1/5/2013 1:42:01 AM
CaPwnD posted...
Yeah lets make pissy boy meets world articles and submit them to Gamespot to generate traffic!

And then go on a message board and make catty comments about other online services when people dare try to criticise the one I like. Who do they think they are, trying to criticise perfection? I mean, why bother imagining things could be better (especially when they obviously can't) when they could be worse?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#133CapwnDPosted 1/5/2013 1:53:19 AM
Yep, lets just call both services the same and pretend that you get the same experience for free on the PS3.

I mean the hell with the facts! lets just pretend that all those PSN games have free demos! Lets just pretend to be in party chat, in fact lets just pretend people have mics!

Hey Rob, can you here me! I'm talking to you in Party Chat on my PS3 while I play the Tokyo Jungle demo!
---
Thrash Zone
#134Rob_the_NinjaPosted 1/5/2013 2:22:29 AM
You're better at pretending than I am since you have it in your head that anyone saying anything bad about XBL is only doing so in favor of other services. Atleast it seems to fit in your noggin easier than something as simple as "Xbox Live still has room for improvement".
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#135Gamerz_FantasyPosted 1/5/2013 2:38:54 AM
The dashboard is built for kinnect and its much worse than it was previously.

Party chat is a nice feature to have but it does not justify the money either. I would rather pay attention to what im playing than have 5 people talk about random stuff.I used to think xbox live was worth it but i changed my mind in the last couple years.
#136XenobowPosted 1/5/2013 3:52:08 AM
If you got you internet connection, Xbox 360 console and the game, why do you have to pay for playing online?

Really, don't agree with it but every thing else is okay like special offers.
---
Lost Odyssey
#137SolisPosted 1/5/2013 3:53:04 AM
CaPwnD posted...
What's that syndrome called where you can't be in party chat and have to go through update hell?

Xbox Live Free?

CaPwnD posted...
Yep, lets just call both services the same and pretend that you get the same experience for free on the PS3.

I mean the hell with the facts! lets just pretend that all those PSN games have free demos! Lets just pretend to be in party chat, in fact lets just pretend people have mics!

Hey Rob, can you here me! I'm talking to you in Party Chat on my PS3 while I play the Tokyo Jungle demo!

And lets just pretend that Xbox Live Gold actually offers all the features that PSN offers, too. You can't get the same experience on the Xbox Live that you do on PSN either, that doesn't stop PSN from offering basic features that both platforms share for free.

Why don't you accept my group video chat on Xbox Live or have our avatars meet in my personal 3D environment that I customized, and we'll talk about it there.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#138omniryuPosted 1/5/2013 5:32:31 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Akaimizu posted...
I think Microsoft will have this hold until the competing services offer everything Xbox Live offers. In one case, the competitor ran into hardware issues not capable of supporting all of Live's features. The other, still working on getting their online communication and messaging services up to the level of capability the other offer.

It isn't about the services offered, with Live you pay for 2 main things, policed servers for cheating, and server longevity.

Developers shut down servers faster on the PSN and Nintendo's services.

They're two to three people on the Wii that can get shut down soon. Activision, EA, and Capcom's monster hunter. Activision games are still running. EA shut down their online service every two year for every platform. Monster hunter 3 won't last long which is why they made a Wii U port on switch it to the new Nintendo servers. But as for the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection? It won't shut down until Powered By Gamespy shuts down. So even with zero people on a Wii game like valhalla eldar something. It won't shut down. So potential Nintendo old service can last longer than Xbox live.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#139omniryuPosted 1/5/2013 5:58:00 AM
And No psn game (that isn't a beta or on a non-psn server) have been shut down. Some might be abandon but shut down? Nope. Find a friend and try it out.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#140wheepitupPosted 1/5/2013 6:41:24 AM(edited)
CaPwnD posted...
What's that syndrome called where you can't be in party chat and have to go through update hell?

I used to respect you man, but you've become such a puppet.

It gets old when fanboys use the same tired excuse for paying for xbox live.

Party chat. For $40-50 a year. Guess what? I party chat and play my ps3 all the time. It's called skype, and it's free.

You dont have a device capable of skype outside the ps3? Then I guess I could use the same idiotic logic that xbox fanboys use.

"HURRR DURR U MUST BE POOR IF YOU DONT OWN A MOBILE DEVICE/LAPTOP TO USE SKYPE ON!"

Seriously. That is the only advantage that xbox has, party chat, which can be easily bypassed by using skype.

And update hell? Get faster internet, my patches download just fine, and at least they all stay on the HDD once I download them (unlike older xbox titles). Still annoys me i'm constantly losing my FEAR 1 update on xbox (which enables the full gore effects) because of that stupid patch system.
---
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter