This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live: No Longer the Gold Standard

#161dj___rollPosted 1/10/2013 9:59:20 AM
Quote:Nintendological posted...
CaPwnD posted...

You're comparing PC to 360. PSN is not the same service as XBL. You can try to spin it any way you want, it does not the same thing like that article says.

1) What does it matter if I am comparing Xbox 360 and PC? You are yourself comparing Playstation and Xbox, just as I was. Platform considerations are irrelevant. We are comparing a specific type of service offered across all game platforms for this generation be it mobile, handheld, computer or console. It is fair grounds for discussion, especially between Xbox and PC as both platforms use Xbox Live (even though it is renamed Games For Windows Live on the PC).

2) What does PSN not do? It offers a friend list, voice chat, online gaming, gamer rankings, trophy tracking (trophies are the PSN equivalent of achievements). You say they are not similar services, yet you state nothing that really proves that claim.

Lastly, I am not spinning anything. I'm observing and stating the facts. And rather than address the qualm I raise about paying for a service that is offered for free on every other competing platform, you instead wish to derail the discussion by attempting to downplay my argument. You don't have to agree with or like facts. They stand true regardless of your feelings. Sorry to disappoint you.

1- GFWL and Xbox for Windows is not anywhere near as feature rich as Xbox Live on the 360.

2- Syncing Trophies a requirement, constant waves of server shut downs compared to just EA or 2K (MS should insist on not allowing that to happen next gen), not every game has trophies to begin with, demos are not available for even half the library.... In other words a much more inconsistent service. Also the fact that patches and DLC isn't region exclusive. Many times patches and DLC have been released everywhere except Europe. This nonsense just does not happen on XBL.

@cup_a_soup
What waves of server shutdowns?
The only games without trophies are from the first year or two. Anything since then has them making your point moot.

The 360 also isn't region free like the ps3, so I don't get what different region patches have to do with anything. Can you name any specific examples other than one or two niche items?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#162dj___rollPosted 1/10/2013 10:02:42 AM
Quote:ILikesCheese posted...
Hey look!

A topic where people say "If you pay $60 a year for XBL, you're stupid!"

No one EVER talks about that on this board!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/65136870?page=1#52

Talk about one lazy ass troll.... and it wasn't funny the first time I had to read it either.

@gabrius
Talk about blinded by bias. Apparently you missed the sarcasm. He was mocking the fact that tons of people post that if you pay $60/year, you are stupid.

So, you over react to a sarcastic remark about how often people post that and then feel the need to insult the guy. I always thought you were above this childishness.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#163gabriusPosted 1/10/2013 10:03:58 AM
dj___roll posted...
Quote:ILikesCheese posted...
Hey look!

A topic where people say "If you pay $60 a year for XBL, you're stupid!"

Talk about one lazy ass troll.... and it wasn't funny the first time I had to read it either.

@gabrius
Talk about blinded by bias. Apparently you missed the sarcasm. He was mocking the fact that tons of people post that if you pay $60/year, you are stupid.

So, you over react to a sarcastic remark about how often people post that and then feel the need to insult the guy. I always thought you were above this childishness.

You're reading way too into this, chief.

Dude's a troll, I was simply pointing it out. That's all.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#164ILikesCheesePosted 1/11/2013 7:22:51 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Hey look! A topic where people say "If you pay $60 a year for XBL, you're stupid!"

gabrius posted...

dj___roll posted...
@gabrius

Ah, there ARE signs of intelligent life here on GameFaqs!

As for Gabby, so sorry you were offended to the point where you actually had to report my posts. Did my two cents worth really disrupt your day THAT much? Thanks for the chuckle at least.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#165gabriusPosted 1/11/2013 7:43:19 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
As for Gabby, so sorry you were offended to the point where you actually had to report my posts. Did my two cents worth really disrupt your day THAT much? Thanks for the chuckle at least.

Who reported what?

I marked nothing - I just pointed out your trolling to the board - no reason to get the moderators involved here ROFL xD
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#166ILikesCheesePosted 1/11/2013 9:04:10 AM
gabrius posted...
Who reported what? I marked nothing - I just pointed out your trolling to the board - no reason to get the moderators involved here ROFL xD

MmmmmmHmmmmmm.

You reply directly after me and five seconds later I get moderated in all threads for "Disruptive Posting".

In the words of The Magnetic Fields, "...I don't, believe you..."

---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#167gabriusPosted 1/11/2013 9:06:59 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
MmmmmmHmmmmmm.

You reply directly after me and five seconds later I get moderated in all threads for "Disruptive Posting".

In the words of The Magnetic Fields, "...I don't, believe you..."

I know this might be hard to believe, but I'm not the only person here who thinks you're a troll.

I may have loaded the gun, but I certainly did not pull the trigger. I can't even remember the last time I personally marked a post for moderation.... it's been months.

Judging how quick you got hammered though, you were probably flagged by several people - a true testament to how loved you are here.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius