This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live: No Longer the Gold Standard

#21TheBlueStigPosted 1/4/2013 11:59:57 AM
Akaimizu posted...
I think Microsoft will have this hold until the competing services offer everything Xbox Live offers. In one case, the competitor ran into hardware issues not capable of supporting all of Live's features. The other, still working on getting their online communication and messaging services up to the level of capability the other offer.

It isn't about the services offered, with Live you pay for 2 main things, policed servers for cheating, and server longevity.

Developers shut down servers faster on the PSN and Nintendo's services.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#22gabriusPosted 1/4/2013 12:05:55 PM
Solis posted...
gabrius posted...
$42.

I had a $10 Reward Zone certificate ;-)

Wow, and you call someone else a moron for their misguided concept of product cost? There's irony for you.

I have no idea what the hell you are prattling on about here.

I paid $42. The $10 cert was a Christmas present from Best Buy for being a Silver member.

42 is 42 is 42... but do you know what is moronic?

....paying $9.99 a month for XBL.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#23AkaimizuPosted 1/4/2013 12:15:03 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Akaimizu posted...
I think Microsoft will have this hold until the competing services offer everything Xbox Live offers. In one case, the competitor ran into hardware issues not capable of supporting all of Live's features. The other, still working on getting their online communication and messaging services up to the level of capability the other offer.

It isn't about the services offered, with Live you pay for 2 main things, policed servers for cheating, and server longevity.

Developers shut down servers faster on the PSN and Nintendo's services.

That is very true. I was kind of including that in the level of services thing and my issues with the fluctuating quality of services that leave all of that up to the developers. Only but a subsection of actual developers are good at maintaining servers and such, and the competing services often prove that.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#24MRL3G3NDPosted 1/4/2013 12:16:56 PM
I'd like to get it for free too but it isn't...just like most things I want...

He is right though...we used to be able to justify the price because of the security, and the extra service we get behind it...but as competitors catch up it's pretty obvious they are going to have to change something up...

but as long as folks pay it they will charge it...the numbers are still going up
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#25HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/4/2013 12:19:32 PM
The Hobbit is on putlocker

Clearly Peter Jackson owes me a blu-ray copy if New Line doesn't want to be considered antiquated.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#26SolisPosted 1/4/2013 12:24:29 PM
gabrius posted...
Solis posted...
gabrius posted...
$42.

Wow, and you call someone else a moron for their misguided concept of product cost? There's irony for you.

I paid $42. The $10 cert was a Christmas present from Best Buy for being a Silver member.

By your logic, people get games for free if they use a gift card. If you used that $10 certificate on a 1 month XBL subscription, does that make Xbox Live free?
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#27CapwnDPosted 1/4/2013 12:29:23 PM
I sent you a party invite on PSN so you can tell me how to play all the demos for PSN games. Please accept my party invite!

Why does nobody on PSN every accept my party invites? And why can't I find the free demos for PSN games on PSN?

But I thought it was the same thing on the other consoles.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#28MRL3G3NDPosted 1/4/2013 12:32:19 PM
CaPwnD posted...
I sent you a party invite on PSN so you can tell me how to play all the demos for PSN games. Please accept my party invite!

Why does nobody on PSN every accept my party invites? And why can't I find the free demos for PSN games on PSN?

But I thought it was the same thing on the other consoles.

Thats another thing...I hear people who have both saying other services pale in comparision...but they are growing... I heard nintendo just got gamertags :o
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#29SolisPosted 1/4/2013 12:45:45 PM
CaPwnD posted...
Why does nobody on PSN every accept my party invites?

Not sure, did you follow the instructions?

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/friends/startchat.html

And why can't I find the free demos for PSN games on PSN?

How hard did you look?

http://us.playstation.com/ps-products/BrowseGames?console=ps3&downloadableContent=GameDemos
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#30gabriusPosted 1/4/2013 12:50:20 PM
Solis posted...
gabrius posted...
Solis posted...
gabrius posted...
$42.

By your logic, people get games for free if they use a gift card. If you used that $10 certificate on a 1 month XBL subscription, does that make Xbox Live free?

The only thing that using a $10 GC on 1 month of XBL makes is the person who chose to do that into a gigantic idiot.

Stop using the word logic and then providing nonsensical examples as arguing points.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius