This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live: No Longer the Gold Standard

#31Silent Sniper IVPosted 1/4/2013 11:54:31 AM
My mom gave me $10 so my XBL subscription is $10 cheaper than everyone else.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#32TheSpectrePosted 1/4/2013 11:55:49 AM
i like the fact that i can have access to various quality titles for discount prices or completely free on PSN with a plus account for the same price i'd pay for xbl and get squat but multiplayer.
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#33jakisthePosted 1/4/2013 11:57:25 AM
Why are people actually defending the price? You actually want to pay more? Obviously, I know that me whining about it and not paying for it won't do anything to MS, so I do pay, but I don't want to. Why on earth would you?
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#34CapwnDPosted 1/4/2013 11:59:44 AM
Not sure, did you follow the instructions?

I sure did! And I can't find the option for Party Chat. That's weird, hey? But I thought it was the same thing as XBL?

How hard did you look?

I'm looking for demos for all the PSN games, every single one just like on XBL. Because it's the same as XBL, right? Surely the guy who wrote the article isn't an idiot, he must have some kind of special power or something. Super Ignorance perhaps.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#35ponderingcowPosted 1/4/2013 11:59:50 AM
jakisthe posted...
Why are people actually defending the price? You actually want to pay more? Obviously, I know that me whining about it and not paying for it won't do anything to MS, so I do pay, but I don't want to. Why on earth would you?

because microsoft told me
---
Posted from my GBA with L33T Cheese v1
#36jorgestevensonPosted 1/4/2013 12:01:12 PM
I wont be picking up a next gen Xbox primarily for this reason. But that doesnt mean I'll be going to Sony, either.

Gaming on a PC is a lot easier than I thought it would be. The initial outlay is more (~$800 for a pretty minimalist system), but after that it's essentially free.

Also, even if you don't get a gaming rig you can play a surprising number of games on an integrated graphics card on pretty much any computer you buy.
#37superbowl54Posted 1/4/2013 12:04:58 PM
karlpilkington4 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
$60 a year really isn't that much. I pay more for gas money a month than I do with XBL.

0 isnt that much either bud
*plays PSN

you get what you pay for.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena,, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles
#38crondizzlePosted 1/4/2013 12:18:58 PM
nothingbeast posted...
Well, I suppose it's more eloquent than "Wah wah, i'm an entitled child. Gimme gimme gimme" but it reads about as deep.

Yeah, we shouldn't expect any quality from games, we should just blindly worship them even if they are disappointing. and if anyone has criticism, call them entitled!
#39Darkyellow327Posted 1/4/2013 12:23:31 PM
gabrius posted...

Stop using the word logic and then providing nonsensical examples as arguing points.

Your personal example was completely illogical for your information.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#40nordendorfPosted 1/4/2013 12:29:29 PM(edited)
the way I see it, Live is like buying a cheeseburger but it comes in a lockbox. lockbox keys cost extra. you still get the whole cheeseburger so its not a scam right?

if I decide to pay for PS+, then cancel the service, why do they take my cheeseburger(s) away?