This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live: No Longer the Gold Standard

#51GeistPosted 1/4/2013 2:31:56 PM
Why do you people fall for these topics every day?
---
Currently playing : Halo 4
#52Luthor_Posted 1/4/2013 2:36:49 PM
Xbox Live has party chat.

PS3 doesn't.

Voice chat =/= Party chat.

Just saiyan.
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#53Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/4/2013 2:37:01 PM
While everybody else is screaming at each other over the internet I'd like to know where everybody is getting these deals on Xbox Live. Mine runs out in a week and I'm broke as hell.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#54Solid SonicPosted 1/4/2013 2:39:41 PM
It SHOULD go away but what sense does that make? None, so it won't.

However, that is probably the biggest reason I won't be purchasing Microsoft's next game console.
---
Linux will never be a gaming platform.
#55BombermanGoldPosted 1/4/2013 2:39:44 PM
While everybody else is screaming at each other over the internet I'd like to know where everybody is getting these deals on Xbox Live. Mine runs out in a week and I'm broke as hell.

You probably have to either hunt around, pay close attention to sale ads, or just get damn lucky.

Once also paid (last year) $40 for a 12-month subscription at a Gamestop. Didn't even know they were having a sale.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#56BombermanGoldPosted 1/4/2013 2:40:39 PM
I would actually like a price increase from $60 to $80.

Why? To upset the haters even more. That would be worth $20.

Joke post. No, most would get angry at having to pay more. Stop stealing from your parent's wallets.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#57Chrispy3367Posted 1/4/2013 2:42:12 PM
Gold shouldn't be free. The ability to play online though should, especially games that use P2P.
---
Looks like he's sleeping with the ultimate failure!
#58Solid SonicPosted 1/4/2013 2:43:16 PM
Gold shouldn't be free. The ability to play online though should, especially games that use P2P.

There are other problems with XBL being a paid service beyond just online play.

Paying for an XBL subscription to use paid services like Netflix or Hulu Plus is probably the chief complaint that isn't related to playing games online.
---
Linux will never be a gaming platform.
#59galv0Posted 1/4/2013 2:49:05 PM
karlpilkington4 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
$60 a year really isn't that much. I pay more for gas money a month than I do with XBL.

0 isnt that much either bud
*plays PSN

*gets credit card information stolen

Fixed.
---
Noobs -_-
#60NintendologicalPosted 1/4/2013 3:07:15 PM(edited)
HENTAIDOJI posted...

On PC, you can get lots of things for free that *legally* you "should" pay for. Doesn't mean because I can get free movies on questionable sites, netflix should do away with it's subscription model because it's "antiquated"

Fail logic is fail. Games for Windows Live is free because Microsoft tried to charge the same service fee and the service did horrible numbers while Steam continued to dominate. Microsoft caught on to the idea that PC gamers weren't going to be duped into paying for the service, so Microsoft now offers it for free. It has nothing to do with anyone doing anything illegal. In fact, your comment borders on being non-sequiter. We are talking about online game services and you jump into random gibberish about piracy.
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia