This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've just had one of my best gaming moments ever

#1Disflex6Posted 1/4/2013 12:40:10 PM
Far Cry 3 got delivered today. I've been playing it for a couple hours or so, completed a few missions...

Anyway, I was just on a side mission, and I found a two pirates in the jungle. I was throwing rocks and trying to crouch behind them to take them out. So, one is checking the rocks out, when I hear him say "Tiger!"

Lo and behold, they both started shooting (I was in the tall grass so I couldn't see the tiger), and one almost immediately died. The one I'm creeping behind gets jumped by the tiger, and I nearly jumped out of my boots!

Started shooting it, but it didn't die and I ran out of bullets. I had one grenade. Cooked it and threw it right at it like a pokeball. It landed underneath the tiger and it just stood there. Finally, it felt like forever but the nade blew up, and I'd killed a tiger with a grenade...

I killed...

A tiger with a grenade.
---
www.youtube.com/Y2KFrosty
XBL: Y2K Frosty
#2lninjasoniclPosted 1/4/2013 12:44:06 PM
DOOD!!!, that was my spirit animal you grenade'd.......

sounds pretty cool though
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#3MRL3G3NDPosted 1/4/2013 12:44:07 PM
Going to pick this up this weekend, I'm pretty sure thats only one in many to come.
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#4whiteboygenePosted 1/4/2013 12:46:47 PM
Yes, I am jealous that you are playing through that for the first time. A couple of weeks ago that game was like =O to me, but I played it waaay too much. My favorite gaming moments from that game are when I would finish up an outpost by running up a ramp/stairset and jumping on top of the final enemy with a "death from above" takedown.
---
Chairman of the Correct Opinion Board.
"Your still a psychopath Whiteboygene" -Offworlder1
#5gumbyxcore99Posted 1/4/2013 12:49:06 PM
there are definitely some awesome moments in this game involving animals. especially in the outposts when a group of unsuspecting enemies gets helplessly slaughtered by a vicious beast you've just quietly released from captivity.
---
Hotline Miami
#6RycerXPosted 1/4/2013 12:51:28 PM
That's why you use false swipe, n00b.
#7JigglybuffPosted 1/4/2013 1:16:38 PM
I havent seen any videos for this gme but the trailers, never followed any news on it, never played previous titles nor cared to look at anything about them. But your post.....your post makes me want to rush out and buy this game now.
---
IRON. CLAD. CONTRACT.
#8Disflex6(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 4:51:41 PM
Jigglybuff posted...
I havent seen any videos for this gme but the trailers, never followed any news on it, never played previous titles nor cared to look at anything about them. But your post.....your post makes me want to rush out and buy this game now.

Definitely do it. I'd wanted it since it came out and finally decided to buy it. No regrets whatsoever so far.
---
www.youtube.com/Y2KFrosty
XBL: Y2K Frosty
#9MRL3G3NDPosted 1/7/2013 9:00:09 AM
I just started it last night, didn't get very far but checked out a lot of stuff and I can see the potential...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#10barrysshoesPosted 1/7/2013 9:11:53 AM
Jigglybuff posted...

I was in the same situation as you (although I did play Far Cry 2). This is by far my favorite game released in the last 2 years...one of the few games that I would not mind paying the full $60