This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT we post new things in games from 2012.

#1str8KnowledgePosted 1/4/2013 12:59:18 PM
shift 2 unleashed had the helmet cam.
#2TheBlueStigPosted 1/4/2013 1:08:46 PM
Helmet cam is not new, Formula 1 games have had them for years.

There's nothing new.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#3str8Knowledge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 1:13:37 PM
wich f1 game?
#4TheBlueStigPosted 1/4/2013 1:17:12 PM
I forget the title of it, it was about 10 years ago, there was a demo of an F1 game on PC that had helmet cam with the head turning into the corners automatically. It made the game MUCH easier to play.

IIRC Colin McRae Rally 2 on PC also had a cockpit cam with full look-around capability.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#5CyricsServantPosted 1/4/2013 1:18:37 PM
Lol, I agree there's nothing new . . . but there were a few interesting, rarely used concepts that popped up.

Binary Domain - You could give your AI crew commands via a headset. Also, you could affect your relationship with them based on your positive or negative feedback (e.g. complimenting an AI partner after they snipe two guys in rapid succession). Your relationships also had an impact on what ending you got . . . which is pretty uncommon in TPS, and more something you'd expect to see in an RPG. Also, the game did limb removal like Dead Space, except with robots. Nothing was completely original, but the game did use a lot of ideas very few other games try.

The Darkness 2 - a lot of new enemy concepts. For example, bad guys how run around with floodlights over their heads. A lot of the darkness powers also felt pretty unique . . . though they might have mostly been lifted from the first game. I can't quite remember.

Asura's Wrath and The Walking Dead felt pretty fresh as well.

As for original story-lines, Spec Ops was a roundhouse kick to the head.
#6str8Knowledge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 1:56:39 PM
Demos don't count. What is a full look around camera like? Is it just the ability to look around? that's not the same thing.
#7Silent Sniper IVPosted 1/4/2013 2:03:35 PM(edited)
Dragon's dogma's pawn system, and how it worked with pawns learning quests and gaining knowledge in other player's games stood out to me as kind of a new and interesting thing that I don't think I've seen before.

re: binary domain: Other games have done the headset thing before. First one that comes to mind is rainbow six.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#8Dameon55Posted 1/4/2013 2:22:15 PM
Fez with the 3d from perspective of 2d character idea, as well as obtuse puzzle design.
---
GT: Dameon5
#9Dameon55Posted 1/4/2013 2:22:50 PM
Far as i know, Trials Evo's track downloader was first of its kind on xbox 360.
---
GT: Dameon5
#10TheSnypahvol2Posted 1/4/2013 2:24:25 PM
Borderlands 2 badass ranks

Can't remember a game with stat boosts persistent across all characters. I like that a lot.

Halo 4s Spartan Ops is pretty new too. Don't think I've seen a console shooter ever do that.