This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive?

#21dcn2424Posted 1/5/2013 6:21:08 AM
I'm not getting a WiiU yet
#22oasisbeyondPosted 1/5/2013 6:43:54 AM
It's a bad move for both parties. The game won't sell at all on a Nintendo system, considering they don't even have part 1. Overall, it will die as a series anyways.
#23NewavePosted 1/5/2013 7:14:08 AM
As I've said many times already...

It's sad they sold out to Nintendo and made such a bad deal, effectively shunning and deeply disappointing a vast majority of their fanbase. It's also sad that Wii U is the console it is, limiting the game significantly compared to what it could, should and would have been if it was released on either of the next gen consoles.

Simply put, at the absolute best, the one single best scenario imaginable if all things from here on end go as absolutely good as they can under the current circumstances, it'll end up being a game that plays, looks, sounds and is rougly the same as the original, only a lot less people will be able to play and enjoy it.
Sadly it'll probably be ruined by motion and/or touch-screen controls while being heavily censored and, of course, only available for Wii U limiting it from a vast majority of it's fanbase.

Regardless of how it turns out from where it can go from where it is today, it sucks big time to be a Bayonetta-fan.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#24MR_SorenPosted 1/5/2013 7:14:21 AM
I'll pick it up if I get a Wii U someday.

As for it being Nintendo exclusive, that's fine. Apparently, not enough PS3 and 360 users bought the first one. At least this way, Bayonetta gets a second chance at life.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
Blog: http://www.red-grenade.com
#25KtuluheroIIPosted 1/5/2013 7:17:49 AM
while being heavily censored

Kinda like how Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge was heavily censored rig.....
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
#26temgunPosted 1/5/2013 7:20:08 AM
oasisbeyond posted...
It's a bad move for both parties. The game won't sell at all on a Nintendo system, considering they don't even have part 1. Overall, it will die as a series anyways.

Yep. Bayonetta actually sold quite decently on PS360, but it still didn't make profit. Wii exclusive games like Bayonetta have never sold well, so what's different about Bayonetta 2? Makes me wonder what's the point.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#27shagadelicPosted 1/5/2013 7:20:24 AM
I love Bayonetta but I won't pick up a Wii U just for that game.
#28dementedlullabyPosted 1/5/2013 7:20:38 AM
Got a WiiU and looking forward to Bayonetta 2/Rayman Legends.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#29Mr_Big_BossPosted 1/5/2013 7:22:07 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
dcn2424 posted...
Bayonetta 2: Ultimate Edition will probably come out for the neXbox and PS4

No...it won't lol.

I'm sure there's someone still waiting for a REmake port, somewhere hahaha.

people are still waiting for that. You can find some topics on the RE6 board.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#30JenniferTatePosted 1/5/2013 7:49:05 AM
It makes me sad because it's one of my favorite games and I enjoy all of Platinum's efforts.

I have no intention of getting a Wii U so I don't see myself getting to experience it, let alone master all the nuances. Not a big deal, but must own games are few and far between with my tastes and time these days.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson