This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive?

#81ColorfulColorsPosted 1/5/2013 11:57:52 AM
Newave posted...
KtuluheroII posted...
Kinda like how Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge was heavily censored rig.....

Ninja Gaiden 3 was multiplatform and Nintendo had nothing to do with NG3's development, so it's not even remotely comparable to Bayonetta 2.
I shouldn't have to point out something that obvious and the fact that I did makes me feel very deeply sad for you.

ARsignal11 posted...
This is simply NOT true. No one was willing to pick up the sequel. Nintendo volunteered to help FUND the game. It's not Platinum Games' fault that no one wanted to help fund a sequel for the game. If you want some to blame, stop blaming the developer and blame Sony, Microsoft or another third party publisher that didn't want the game.

And I honestly hate gamers. They say that the Wii (in this case, the Wii U) has no games to play that validate buying the console. Once a game that IS worth playing is announced as an exclusive (you can thank Nintendo for that Bayonetta sequel actually being in existence) for the console, all the insecure fanboys are up in rage in not having the game on their favorite console.

Man, today's mindset of the general population of gamers is so entitled.

That... made absolutely no sense. I can't blame the ones that DIDN'T want it, that makes no sense. SONY, Microsoft etc. has no blame for anything in this because they didn't want it, they washed their hands of it and walked away, they are free of blame as they are free of everything else Bayonetta 2-related. Saying they should be blamed means EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE should be blamed, including you and me, for not paying for the development of Bayonetta 2, it makes no sense. You must see how nonsensical that is.

Platinum Games could've easily put the game on hold or tried to find a better deal than LITERALLY THE FIRST OFFER THEY GOT, so no, Nintendo didn't "save" Bayonetta 2, they just happened to be the first to offer a deal, and sadly Platinum Games jumped on it simply because it was an offer, not because it was good, but because it existed.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Nintendo told them to keep EVERYTHING in tact.

Also, because they didn't do what you wanted them to do, its all their fault?
I hate to sound like a fanboy of any sorts, but it seems like you're pulling stuff out of nowhere to prove your point.
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#82shdwdrgnixPosted 1/5/2013 12:00:29 PM
I don't even like the first game, I won't even care for the sequel.
#83Assembler114Posted 1/5/2013 12:06:34 PM
Xenobow posted...
I don't care about this game but I care about Rayman Legends :(

I'm disgruntled about Legends as well :(.
---
Nintendo finally admitted that the Wii does not satisfy core gamers as much as casual players.~SF_Baha
That made Nintendo's E3 for me.
#84TheBatman91Posted 1/5/2013 12:09:28 PM
I hated the first game, more of a NGS fan myself but it is a bit of a bummer for the fans but then again it was either WiiU or nothing so they shouldn't really have complained as much as they did.
---
I'm the Batman.
#85magxPosted 1/5/2013 12:10:50 PM
I predict another Nintendo/Capcom deal here. As soon as the exclusivity runs out it'll be ported/remade.
---
http://www.marioslastname.com/ http://magx01.blogspot.com/
<3 Ninja Gaiden Black! I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!
#86NewavePosted 1/5/2013 12:11:42 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

I hate to sound like a fanboy of any sorts, but it seems like you're pulling stuff out of nowhere to prove your point.

TTT2 was not developed or payed for by Nintendo, not a valid comparison.

Please, EVERYONE, stop embarrassing yourselves like this. Unless it's a game PAYED FOR BY NINTENDO then you can't compare it to Bayonetta 2, so just stop, please, just stop.

I fail to see how taking the first offer and agreeing to a horrible deal that shuns the majority of the fanbase and undoubtedly negatively affecting how the game will end up as a final product is NOT Platinum Games' fault and somehow a made up personal vendetta on my part.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#87ColorfulColorsPosted 1/5/2013 12:12:45 PM
magx posted...
I predict another Nintendo/Capcom deal here. As soon as the exclusivity runs out it'll be ported/remade.

Last time i checked, that wasn't published or funded my Nintendo. >.<
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
#88ARsignal11Posted 1/5/2013 12:13:34 PM
Newave posted...
KtuluheroII posted...
Kinda like how Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge was heavily censored rig.....

Ninja Gaiden 3 was multiplatform and Nintendo had nothing to do with NG3's development, so it's not even remotely comparable to Bayonetta 2.
I shouldn't have to point out something that obvious and the fact that I did makes me feel very deeply sad for you.

ARsignal11 posted...
This is simply NOT true. No one was willing to pick up the sequel. Nintendo volunteered to help FUND the game. It's not Platinum Games' fault that no one wanted to help fund a sequel for the game. If you want some to blame, stop blaming the developer and blame Sony, Microsoft or another third party publisher that didn't want the game.

And I honestly hate gamers. They say that the Wii (in this case, the Wii U) has no games to play that validate buying the console. Once a game that IS worth playing is announced as an exclusive (you can thank Nintendo for that Bayonetta sequel actually being in existence) for the console, all the insecure fanboys are up in rage in not having the game on their favorite console.

Man, today's mindset of the general population of gamers is so entitled.

That... made absolutely no sense. I can't blame the ones that DIDN'T want it, that makes no sense. SONY, Microsoft etc. has no blame for anything in this because they didn't want it, they washed their hands of it and walked away, they are free of blame as they are free of everything else Bayonetta 2-related. Saying they should be blamed means EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE should be blamed, including you and me, for not paying for the development of Bayonetta 2, it makes no sense. You must see how nonsensical that is.

Platinum Games could've easily put the game on hold or tried to find a better deal than LITERALLY THE FIRST OFFER THEY GOT, so no, Nintendo didn't "save" Bayonetta 2, they just happened to be the first to offer a deal, and sadly Platinum Games jumped on it simply because it was an offer, not because it was good, but because it existed.

How doesn't it make sense? You're blaming Platinum Games for jumping at the first offer they got? The thing is, it was the ONLY offer they got. There were no other companies that were interested outside of Nintendo. Of course, we'll never know, but from what they were saying, they could have waited for a long time and still not got anything.

They had wanted to make the sequel to the game for some time, yet nobody jumped on the offer to help fund development and publish the game. It wasn't like they announced the sequel and 5 minutes later, Nintendo jumped in for the first offer and Platinum immediately accepted. The interest and the ideas for the sequel were already in place for awhile and nobody showed interest.

So when finally a publisher shows interest, Platinum jumped on the chance to get their game created. I don't know how you can blame them for that and not blame any other publisher ( that would publish on all consoles) for that decision? If they all walked away from the game and washed their hands from it, then fine. It's their decision and no reason to blame them. But if there is only ONE publisher out there willing to take the chance, how do you blame Platinum for going with that ONE publisher? That's why I don't understand your reasoning.

That was the point I was trying to make.
#89ColorfulColorsPosted 1/5/2013 12:16:29 PM
Newave posted...
ColorfulColors posted...
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Please, EVERYONE, stop embarrassing yourselves like this. Unless it's a game PAYED FOR BY NINTENDO then you can't compare it to Bayonetta 2, so just stop, please, just stop.

I fail to see how taking the first offer and agreeing to a horrible deal that shuns the majority of the fanbase and undoubtedly negatively affecting how the game will end up as a final product is NOT Platinum Games' fault and somehow a made up personal vendetta on my part.

Eternal Darkness.

Nuff said.

So basically:
ITS NOBODIES FAULT EXCEPT PLATINUM GAMES!!!111!
---
#90Emperor_mateusPosted 1/5/2013 12:20:08 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
Newave posted...
ColorfulColors posted...
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Eternal Darkness.

Nuff said.

So basically:
ITS NOBODIES FAULT EXCEPT PLATINUM GAMES!!!111!

Aaaaw you beated me to it. I wanted to name eternal darkness

As for the whole Bayonetta thing. Uh I was always interested in Bayonetta, but once I finally got my 360 it kinda slipped of my radar. Will probably pick it up later and if I like it then i'll get the second as well.

But as for now I just think the whole situation is pretty hilarious.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...