This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who doesn't see much of a difference between SD and HD?

#1Deathx113Posted 1/5/2013 8:47:52 AM
Play in both, switching every so often, and I honestly don't much of a jump. I don't get what makes HD so special? A little bit shiner or crisper I guess?
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#2dean_666Posted 1/5/2013 8:51:03 AM
Nope
#3poultrygeist1Posted 1/5/2013 8:54:51 AM
JUST posted this in another topic a few seconds ago. Bright colorful games are what look best in HD IMO, not all of the brown mud games that have taken over this generation. I also didn't see the huge hubbub about HDTV when I used my friend's top of the line screen until I played Pacman championship edition. Even a game as simple as that I couldn't believe how clear the colors were, I wish I got to try something like Farcry on it.
#4Insomaniac87Posted 1/5/2013 8:55:40 AM
Maybe you need glasses, I was like that too before I had them.
---
Gamertag: insomaniac87
#5GraviosDestroyRPosted 1/5/2013 8:55:56 AM
I thought people not being able to tell the difference between 60/30FPS was bad, but HD and SD?
---
GT: Men At Wok
http://www.facebook.com/constructs
#6hyjinx17Posted 1/5/2013 8:57:05 AM
I barely notice a difference between 480p and 720p and no difference between 720p and 1080p, but I do notice a pretty big difference between 480 and 1080
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#7Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 8:58:29 AM
GraviosDestroyR posted...
I thought people not being able to tell the difference between 60/30FPS was bad, but HD and SD?

I can't tell the difference between that either.

I'm starting to think this is just another 'Oi, I got money and I bought something not amazing, but i'll make it out to be amazing because I bought it... oi"
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#8Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 8:58:58 AM
poultrygeist1 posted...
JUST posted this in another topic a few seconds ago. Bright colorful games are what look best in HD IMO, not all of the brown mud games that have taken over this generation. I also didn't see the huge hubbub about HDTV when I used my friend's top of the line screen until I played Pacman championship edition. Even a game as simple as that I couldn't believe how clear the colors were, I wish I got to try something like Farcry on it.

Might be it.... I only played Dark Souls and the Walking Dead, lol..
---
#9Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 9:01:39 AM
Insomaniac87 posted...
Maybe you need glasses, I was like that too before I had them.

Nah, got pretty good eyes for now.
---
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 1/5/2013 9:06:01 AM
Deathx113 posted...
GraviosDestroyR posted...

I can't tell the difference between that either.

I'm starting to think this is just another 'Oi, I got money and I bought something not amazing, but i'll make it out to be amazing because I bought it... oi"

IMO, the difference between 60/30 FPS is less visual and more felt. Human eye can only perceive just over 30 FPS anyway, but there aren't as many things that the brain has to fill in for you, so the games just feel smoother. People make a bigger deal about it than it really is, I think.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF