This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who doesn't see much of a difference between SD and HD?

#151kingwutuguPosted 1/5/2013 3:51:41 PM
I see a difference in gaming but not in movies, plus cable for some reason still use the black lines even with wide screen t.v.s, only a few shows are even with the times, I don't mind it for the old shows but when movies come on and there are even thicker black lines than the early 2000 doesn't make any sense, there really isn't no need to switch except for gaming and that's mainly so you can see the tiny letters, they're still tiny but not that blurry with an hd t.v.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#152NewavePosted 1/5/2013 3:54:10 PM
Maybe TC has only played games that aren't rendered in full HD, only upscaled?

I dunno, I'm sleepy.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#153f0rcaPosted 1/5/2013 4:00:39 PM
Exilious posted...
Probably because the content you are playing is just an upscale render. Try playing a game in true HD (aka not a console game) and you'll see the difference.

This. I realize that you probably may not have access to a decent pc. However if you are truly serious about seeing what all the fuss over hd is about, console games may not be the best examples.

I myself see a difference in console games going from sd to hd, I think they look great, however most games can't match the resolutions that are achievable with the pc. That said, some games do run at 1080p not upscaled on the 360 like perfect dark 64 in the arcade. Download the trial, and try it in sd, then switch over to your 1080p set and try it, the difference should be very big. If that doesn't impress you, then save your money hd has no effect on you lol.
#154ZosKiaCultusPosted 1/5/2013 4:01:43 PM
I see a difference in gaming but not in movies

Wat

Also, I have no black lines on my cable.
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#155jastenPosted 1/5/2013 4:06:36 PM
SD is a tinge more blurry and less sharp, but as has been said... it's the colourful games that show it far more. The best "realistic" graphics taht showcase the difference are Mass Effect, Halo, and Uncharted. The Folklore was a really stark difference too... shame most won't even know what game I'm talking about there.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#156OrgeLambartPosted 1/5/2013 4:12:42 PM
put in an HDMI cable you'll see the difference, I was the same way, I had my audio video wires hooked up and was like meh, not a big deal.

First time I plugged in my HDMI cable about 3 weeks ago, I was like OMFG amazing, I could see colors that I didn't know where there before, everything became clear and crisp looking.

If cleans up the picture and makes things look so much better IMO,
#157sonic_man00Posted 1/5/2013 4:15:29 PM
Use a HD TV with a HD Cable from Gamestop.
My games look somewhat better. Most difference i could see is in games like Arkham City and Sonic.
---
Thunder
#158SubSeenixPosted 1/5/2013 4:28:12 PM
Deathx113 posted...
Play in both, switching every so often, and I honestly don't much of a jump. I don't get what makes HD so special? A little bit shiner or crisper I guess?

Stop playing Call of Duty and get some games that use more than NATIVE 576p.

Get real games that use a up to date engine and in general difference themself from the low budget crap.
Then you will see a difference between SD and HD.
#159Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 4:29:18 PM
jasten posted...
SD is a tinge more blurry and less sharp, but as has been said... it's the colourful games that show it far more. The best "realistic" graphics taht showcase the difference are Mass Effect, Halo, and Uncharted. The Folklore was a really stark difference too... shame most won't even know what game I'm talking about there.

Well folklore WAS ps3 only, I think. xD

Amazing game, never the less.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#160atlus25Posted 1/5/2013 4:29:39 PM
my brother said the same thing until he saw them side by side.

are you sure you aren't using standard av cables on your hdtv?