This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most immersive game you have played

#1exopolitixPosted 1/5/2013 1:06:37 PM
Out of interest what is the most immersive game you guys have ever played? Also what is the most immersive game you have played in 2012 (if they differ that is)?

For me it has to be Farcry 3. Personally I have never played a game that had made me feel more like the character. Mirrors edge and condemned are up there too.
#2GooBacksBackPosted 1/5/2013 1:07:47 PM
Do you know what immersive means?
#3shawnmckPosted 1/5/2013 1:11:44 PM
ZombiU

^ That's not to say that its the best game I've played, only the best game that has made me feel immersed in the game due to the intense atmosphere of the game.
The game is actually quite buggy, and has other issues that annoy me...but the environments are incredibly immersive.

But that's just my opinion.

Far Cry 3 is a good example too...but something about it just pulls me out of it....probably the frame-rate.
???
#4exopolitix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 1:13:32 PM
GooBacksBack posted...

I do, but just incase you don't I have put this handy link below. Unfortunately I don't think it contains that many pictures so you might find it a bit tricky at first but I'm sure you will get there.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immersion_(virtual_reality)
#5exopolitix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 1:15:47 PM
shawnmck posted...
ZombiU

^ That's not to say that its the best game I've played, only the best game that has made me feel immersed in the game due to the intense atmosphere of the game.
The game is actually quite buggy, and has other issues that annoy me...but the environments are incredibly immersive.

But that's just my opinion.

Far Cry 3 is a good example too...but something about it just pulls me out of it....probably the frame-rate.
???

Yeah I would agree with that. Also the occasional random things seem to happen a bit too much and can take away from it. I have never tried zombie u but I have heard really good things about it. It looks a bit like a realistic L4D...
#6SS_MetalSonicPosted 1/5/2013 1:20:34 PM
crysis , the far cry series and the first bioshock
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, God of war 3, Bioshock 2, Donkey Kong Country, Halo 4, Skyrim, Fallout :NV
#7mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/5/2013 1:30:21 PM(edited)
exopolitix posted...
GooBacksBack posted...

I do, but just incase you don't I have put this handy link below. Unfortunately I don't think it contains that many pictures so you might find it a bit tricky at first but I'm sure you will get there.

Hehe. Act like a dick get treated like a dick.

Oh, and bioshock and dark souls.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#8teh1337gosuPosted 1/5/2013 1:29:01 PM
Zelda Skyward Sword, Oblivion, Metroid Prime, GTA:SA
---
Yvan eht nioj
#9GooBacksBackPosted 1/5/2013 1:31:35 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
exopolitix posted...
GooBacksBack posted...

Hehe. Act like a dick get treated like a dick.

Oh, and bioshock and dark souls.

Oh sorry, didn't realize you can't ask an honest question on GameFAQs.
#10SunDevil77Posted 1/5/2013 1:32:33 PM
Probably Amnesia
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.