This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what do you think is the worst thing in gaming right now?

#1reptileeggPosted 1/5/2013 4:43:45 PM
for me it is a voting people out system in online games like Forza and Counter Strike: GO.

I don't think people should be voted out of a public game (or maybe even competitive playlists) for doing badly, which must happen.

In theory it is a good idea for team killers and laggers and cheaters but I would prefer games to be like Call of Duty with no such system.

sig
#2glyde69Posted 1/5/2013 4:45:09 PM
The fanbase
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#3ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 1/5/2013 4:46:43 PM
overhyped games that get too much recognition while games that are better get shoved into the abyss.
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
#4HeLeehamPosted 1/5/2013 4:47:57 PM
glyde69 posted...
The fanbase

This.
#5SoincMetalPosted 1/5/2013 4:48:34 PM
Too much internet connection dependency to keep things simple. If i want to play games at a friends house i shouldn't have to take my whole 360 seeing he has one, move over everything to cloud storage, be connect to XBL all the time for content, just some things i don't like.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#60PTICSPosted 1/5/2013 4:50:30 PM
Motion controls
#7YamaguxhiPosted 1/5/2013 4:53:45 PM
The fact that most games come as broken pieces of s--- and get patches a month later. It's good that things can be fixed but what about those that dont have Internet. Also the devs of these games seem to think it's ok to release a game with all sorts of problems.
---
No more Tom foolerey
#8ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 4:55:55 PM
SoincMetal posted...
Too much internet connection dependency to keep things simple. If i want to play games at a friends house i shouldn't have to take my whole 360 seeing he has one, move over everything to cloud storage, be connect to XBL all the time for content, just some things i don't like.

Kind of this. Just the complexity period. We can rarely just put a game in and play. Some consoles have required installs. Some games need to be connected to the internet to get the most out of even the single player.

Gone are cheat codes and other things that existed for fun. Unlocks barely exist because what was once just a neat bonus is now sold as content. Instead of a proper expansion a game may see 4 smaller DLC episodes.

With the concern of used games some games have portions of single player locked away without a code. Not really a big problem if you buy new. Unless you aren't also connected to the internet.
---
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
#9DonomegaPosted 1/5/2013 4:56:04 PM
On-disc DLC :( Does anyone like that?
---
3Ds friend code - 0903-4184-6816
Xbox Live: RobDaCool
#100PTICSPosted 1/5/2013 4:57:15 PM
reptileegg posted...
for me it is a voting people out system in online games like Forza and Counter Strike: GO.

I don't think people should be voted out of a public game (or maybe even competitive playlists) for doing badly, which must happen.

In theory it is a good idea for team killers and laggers and cheaters but I would prefer games to be like Call of Duty with no such system.

sig

You can vote people out on Forza?

But yeah, I agree, voting people out sucks. I've ran into a situation in L4D where two guys entered the game and screwed things up. It was still at the beginning of the game, but still You can't kick them out because its based on a majority vote. Having a tie won't do a thing. Could you imagine getting to the very end of a mission/chapter on the hardest difficulty, only for you to get voted out for no reason.