This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what do you think is the worst thing in gaming right now?

#141JaguarPaw1Posted 1/6/2013 2:58:00 AM
Goddamn kinect and prioritising the kinect/move over developing high quality IPs which have potential to sell more
#142LenneValkiryePosted 1/6/2013 3:00:32 AM
Believe it or not, but it's the developers thinking it's a good idea to listen to the entire playerbase's feedback.
It's not.
#143KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/6/2013 3:55:12 AM
Online Passes, crap DLC, incomplete games so DLC can be sold for extra later, pre-order bonuses, MS (king scum) auto renew which mysteriously turns itself back on. Basically all the scam tactics game companies use to milk us for out hard earned cash.

The good things about gaming IMO is Steam (which all console gamers believe to be the devil, I used to), I bought Crysis 2 Max Ed, Max Payne 3, Tropico 4 Complete, Torchlight II, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, The Withcher EE, The Withcher 2 EE, FEAR (All DLC), Saint's Row 3 (Full Package), Resident Evil 5, Civilization V (GOTY), GTAIV: Complete, Left 4 Dead 2 (GOTY), Amnesia, Alice Madness Returns and Metro 2033 for well well under 100, probably closer to 70-80.
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#144sockesockePosted 1/6/2013 4:10:46 AM
glyde69 posted...
The fanbase

agreed
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#145Net_DiverPosted 1/6/2013 4:11:44 AM
It's all a pile of crap.
You have a consumer base that is both demanding, and apathetic. They are loud, judgmental, and ignorant.

You have an industry that listens and ignores this group at the same time. They listen when gamers say "I want X game to be more like Y game" Which is why we get remakes like Tomb Raider that are nothing like they used to be, and then gamers complain "Why is X game not like X game anymore??" The industry however ignores this same consumer base when they say they want new, inventive titles.

The Industry won't make these new, inventive titles because the consumer base that is asking for them doesn't buy them.

You have a market over saturated with monthly releases, console upgrades. And industry that doesn't know what it wants "DRM is the future!" "No, Forget DRM, Free-To-Play is the future!!"

You have game developers who don't understand the medium and are incapable of using it to create deep, full filling experiences.

You have game publishers who won't publish the small games made by people who do make deep, meaningful experiences.

Japanese companies are more clueless to the needs and thoughts of the market they cater to than the US government is to US citizens. Capcom think's you're and idiot and Konami actually are idiots.

Activision can't tell the difference between an expansion and a new game.

I could go on all night. But yeah, THAT is the worst thing in gaming. No one knows what the heck they are doing, but they have more money than Hollywood to do it with. It's Amateur Hour.
---
Adventure, Excitement.... A Jedi Craves Not These Things.
PSN: Faro7D
#146higherflyerJPosted 1/6/2013 4:17:22 AM
Net_Diver posted...
It's all a pile of crap.
You have a consumer base that is both demanding, and apathetic. They are loud, judgmental, and ignorant.

You have an industry that listens and ignores this group at the same time. They listen when gamers say "I want X game to be more like Y game" Which is why we get remakes like Tomb Raider that are nothing like they used to be, and then gamers complain "Why is X game not like X game anymore??" The industry however ignores this same consumer base when they say they want new, inventive titles.

The Industry won't make these new, inventive titles because the consumer base that is asking for them doesn't buy them.

You have a market over saturated with monthly releases, console upgrades. And industry that doesn't know what it wants "DRM is the future!" "No, Forget DRM, Free-To-Play is the future!!"

You have game developers who don't understand the medium and are incapable of using it to create deep, full filling experiences.

You have game publishers who won't publish the small games made by people who do make deep, meaningful experiences.

Japanese companies are more clueless to the needs and thoughts of the market they cater to than the US government is to US citizens. Capcom think's you're and idiot and Konami actually are idiots.

Activision can't tell the difference between an expansion and a new game.

I could go on all night. But yeah, THAT is the worst thing in gaming. No one knows what the heck they are doing, but they have more money than Hollywood to do it with. It's Amateur Hour.

Very well said.
#147Karnage4208238Posted 1/6/2013 6:02:43 AM
for me it is system frameware it makes so me and people like me cant use cheat devices anymore cheats have always made games more fun for me and i never have cheated online once even though i can beat my games without cheats using cheats still makes them more fun
#148Panic_at_discoPosted 1/6/2013 6:26:30 AM
The greediness of big game corporations such as Ea .
---
Nintendo gang and if you aint with then you in the food chain
#1492DshmuploverPosted 1/6/2013 6:32:18 AM
The fanbase. Particularly Sony fanboys, I've never known such a bunch of whiny, self-entitled insecure weirdos in all my years playing video games (since 8-bit era). Last gen they weren't so bad but this gen...just.. wow.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#150DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 1/6/2013 6:39:14 AM
QTEs
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."