This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what do you think is the worst thing in gaming right now?

#151Panic_at_discoPosted 1/6/2013 7:21:44 AM(edited)
richisdisturbed posted...
Capcom

Oh ,how could i forgot about them . Greedy bastards. For example they have turned the Dead Rising serie into a joke. First they released an dr2 prequel exclusive to 360. Then they released the real game( haha i remember everyone talking about some "must have suits " that you could only get with the special editions of the game-.-) Then a while later they released they same game basically but now with Frank West instead of Chuck .Between all of this they released another mini game.
---
Nintendo gang and if you aint with then you in the food chain
#152EmperorBlackPosted 1/6/2013 8:40:48 AM
DRM foolishness... or anything resulting in you NOT getting to play a game you legitimately purchased because you happen to not have an internet connection that's on at the time. Whoever thought of that needs to get thrown in a "brazen bull" or various other old torture/execution devices. Words cannot describe how much I hate that. Of course, this and other ridiculous business practices will prevail, because the gaming audience in general will just roll over and accept any kind of scam.
---
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/ZoomSurtr/creations
#153ItsTheSasquatchPosted 1/6/2013 11:54:52 AM
EmperorBlack posted...
Of course, this and other ridiculous business practices will prevail, because the gaming audience in general will just roll over and accept any kind of scam.

Oh, there's quite a few of us who don't accept it. Problem is, sites like GameFAQs are so afraid of the legal terror tactics employed by the industry that we're not able to openly oppose it without being immediately silenced. I'll probably be modded for this, in fact, but what the hell: if a game has unethical DRM, pirate it. You don't even have to play it; it's the message that matters.
---
*disappears into forest*
#154metroidman92Posted 1/6/2013 12:04:11 PM
Spunkgargleweewee
---
I'll be in my bunk...
One does not simply walk into Skuldafn.
#155thedonPosted 1/6/2013 12:12:00 PM
online passes if you bought the game new or used you shouldnt still have to buy something to go online with it..
---
Gamertag & PSN:TheDon0926
N.O.D U Figure it out
#156jakethenoobPosted 1/6/2013 12:21:26 PM
Call of Duty and its clones
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#157CammyApplePosted 1/6/2013 12:49:48 PM
jakethenoob posted...
Call of Duty and its clones

People like to say this and similar but never really name the clones. They don't really elaborate either what it is they don't like about the games. The setting, the mechanics, the multiplayer?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#158ItsTheSasquatchPosted 1/6/2013 1:43:03 PM
CammyApple posted...

People like to say this and similar but never really name the clones. They don't really elaborate either what it is they don't like about the games. The setting, the mechanics, the multiplayer?

I've always assumed that when they say "clones," they just mean every CoD since CoD4--they've all been essentially the same game, the only real differences being minor graphical upgrades.

Personally, my biggest problem with the games is Activision. Their management is... well, it's just as bad as every other major company's management--shortsighted human refuse churned out by the various business schools, taught to care about nothing but maximizing immediate profits, even if that involves business strategies that will piss off their customers and bankrupt the company a few years later. But what do they care? It's terrible for their employees--the people who do all the real work--but there really aren't any consequences for the execs; they and their major shareholders walk away with millions. They'll escape on their golden ****ing parachutes, get hired on at some other company, and repeat the process. /rant
---
*disappears into forest*
#159CammyApplePosted 1/6/2013 1:56:27 PM
ItsTheSasquatch posted...
CammyApple posted...

I've always assumed that when they say "clones," they just mean every CoD since CoD4--they've all been essentially the same game, the only real differences being minor graphical upgrades.

Personally, my biggest problem with the games is Activision. Their management is... well, it's just as bad as every other major company's management--shortsighted human refuse churned out by the various business schools, taught to care about nothing but maximizing immediate profits, even if that involves business strategies that will piss off their customers and bankrupt the company a few years later. But what do they care? It's terrible for their employees--the people who do all the real work--but there really aren't any consequences for the execs; they and their major shareholders walk away with millions. They'll escape on their golden ****ing parachutes, get hired on at some other company, and repeat the process. /rant

Except they aren't the same. I wonder if people who feel that they are have played them. And if they have played them how they can think the only difference is graphical.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#160ItsTheSasquatchPosted 1/6/2013 3:36:58 PM
CammyApple posted...
Except they aren't the same. I wonder if people who feel that they are have played them. And if they have played them how they can think the only difference is graphical.

I have played them all, except the latest one. There hasn't been any change in the game mechanics except the introduction of QTEs, and that's hardly a positive thing. Beyond that, they've added/removed guns and killstreaks, slightly increased texture resolution, changed the maps (but still tried to sell us the old ones again at an absurd price) and that's about it--all purely cosmetic.
---
*disappears into forest*