This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what do you think is the worst thing in gaming right now?

#161CammyApplePosted 1/6/2013 3:44:49 PM
ItsTheSasquatch posted...
CammyApple posted...
Except they aren't the same. I wonder if people who feel that they are have played them. And if they have played them how they can think the only difference is graphical.

I have played them all, except the latest one. There hasn't been any change in the game mechanics except the introduction of QTEs, and that's hardly a positive thing. Beyond that, they've added/removed guns and killstreaks, slightly increased texture resolution, changed the maps (but still tried to sell us the old ones again at an absurd price) and that's about it--all purely cosmetic.

So the lack of Killstreaks in early ones and their evolution into Scorestreaks in the latest one isn't a change? (or is just a cosmetic change?)

The way one sets up a class hasn't changed?
The addition of game modes and equipment.
The addition of theater.
Zombies.
And so on.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#162RayzerTagPosted 1/6/2013 3:47:50 PM(edited)
The focus on graphics instead of gameplay.

Man, imagine if next-gen looked the same as the current gen, and the budget and processing power would instead be put in gameplay design, artstyle, AI, writing.... *drools*
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#163mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/6/2013 3:50:10 PM
EmperorBlack posted...
Of course, this and other ridiculous business practices will prevail, because the gaming audience in general will just roll over and accept any kind of scam.

Oh, there's quite a few of us who don't accept it. Problem is, sites like GameFAQs are so afraid of the legal terror tactics employed by the industry that we're not able to openly oppose it without being immediately silenced. I'll probably be modded for this, in fact, but what the hell: if a game has unethical DRM, pirate it. You don't even have to play it; it's the message that matters.

Terror tactics?? Stfu. Talk about first world problems. Gamers like you are the worst thing going on right now.

Id put a deeper argument in here, but why? Terror tactics...smh...
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#164CammyApplePosted 1/6/2013 3:52:09 PM
RayzerTag posted...

Man, imagine if next-gen looked the same as the current gen, and the budget and processing power would instead be put in gameplay design, artstyle, AI, writing.... *drools*

This argument is old and relatively false now. Name "great" games with "bad" graphics. This isn't the days of Rise of the Robots.
---
#165RayzerTagPosted 1/6/2013 4:23:43 PM(edited)
CammyApple posted...
RayzerTag posted...

This argument is old and relatively false now. Name "great" games with "bad" graphics. This isn't the days of Rise of the Robots.

Halo 4 looks jawdropping.

Halo 4's levels were small, the weapons disappeared quickly after dropping, and the AI was passive.

I felt this was due to the graphics guzzling up all the processing power.
---
#166CammyApplePosted 1/6/2013 4:10:54 PM
RayzerTag posted...
CammyApple posted...
RayzerTag posted...

Halo 4 look jawdropping.

Halo 4's levels were small, the weapons disappeared quickly after dropping, and the AI was passive. I felt this was due to the graphics guzzling up all the processing power.

And not from it being the first game from a new studio? You also didn't answer the question I posed.
---
#167ItsTheSasquatchPosted 1/6/2013 4:14:16 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...

If suing children into bankruptcy over $0.99 music tracks just to frighten the rest of the population into obedience isn't a terror tactic, nothing is. If you think that's okay, you're part of the problem.
---
*disappears into forest*
#168RayzerTagPosted 1/6/2013 4:25:20 PM(edited)
CammyApple posted...
RayzerTag posted...
CammyApple posted...
RayzerTag posted...

Halo 4 looks jawdropping.

Halo 4's levels were small, the weapons disappeared quickly after dropping, and the AI was passive. I felt this was due to the graphics guzzling up all the processing power.

And not from it being the first game from a new studio? You also didn't answer the question I posed.

As for it being 343's first game (I'd say Halo: CEA counts), things like weapons disappearing are most likely to keep the game from chugging, and this is a cut to gameplay instead a cut to graphics. I think these are backwards priorities.

As for the question, sorry, I misread your post, didn't realize it was a question. For example, Portal 1 & 2 are awesome games with unimpressive graphics. For the record, I don't want games with bad graphics, I simply think that the current HD graphics are enough and that next-gen shouldn't focus on improving those.
---
#169mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/6/2013 4:28:42 PM

If suing children into bankruptcy over $0.99 music tracks just to frighten the rest of the population into obedience isn't a terror tactic, nothing is. If you think that's okay, you're part of the problem.

Oh, I see, you're on meth. I suppose putting rapists in prison to scare other would be rapists from commiting rape is also a terror tactic. I really hope you're just trolling. If so, well played. If not, youre a complete fool.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#170ItsTheSasquatchPosted 1/6/2013 4:41:24 PM(edited)
CammyApple posted...
So the lack of Killstreaks in early ones and their evolution into Scorestreaks in the latest one isn't a change? (or is just a cosmetic change?)

Purely cosmetic. Nothing new added to the game, just an expansion (and an annoying one) of the killstreaks introduced in CoD4.
The way one sets up a class hasn't changed?

Not as of MW3, no. They change the names or effects of the perks occasionally, but other than that, yeah, it's still CoD4's system.
The addition of game modes and equipment.

Slight rule changes and a few slightly altered weapons do not a new game make.
The addition of theater.

The ability to watch a game a second time is far from a new concept.
Zombies.

A tired old cliche, tbqh.

You equate copyright infringement to rape? You're sick. If anything, it's copyright law itself that's similar to rape--at least the way it's being applied by corporate interests lately.
---
*disappears into forest*