This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what do you think is the worst thing in gaming right now?

#171gameboygreyPosted 1/6/2013 3:42:38 PM
The AAA or bust mentality.
---
Silver - Nick: 3910.9700.0274
#172mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/6/2013 3:47:13 PM
You equate copyright infringement to rape? You're sick. If anything, it's copyright law itself that's similar to rape--at least the way it's being applied by corporate interests lately.

So you're ok with stealing someone's work, taking away from they're income and ability to feed their family? Because that's just as bad as rape. Thanks for clearing up my confusion though. You're def not a troll, and most certainly a fool.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#173ItsTheSasquatchPosted 1/6/2013 3:51:33 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...

You're just eating up that corporate propaganda, aren't you? You do realize all their statistics about how much piracy hurts them are complete bull, right? The RIAA, for instance, won't even allow third parties to fact check their data. Because, you know, they make it up. And the MPAA? Record profits year after year, yet they still feel the need to pay off the US government to [illegally] bully anyone they don't like.

It's unfortunate piracy doesn't hurt them, in fact. They deserve to be hurt.
---
*disappears into forest*
#174mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/6/2013 3:54:51 PM
ItsTheSasquatch posted...

You're just eating up that corporate propaganda, aren't you? You do realize all their statistics about how much piracy hurts them are complete bull, right? The RIAA, for instance, won't even allow third parties to fact check their data. Because, you know, they make it up. And the MPAA? Record profits year after year, yet they still feel the need to pay off the US government to [illegally] bully anyone they don't like.

It's unfortunate piracy doesn't hurt them, in fact. They deserve to be hurt.

: ) theft is theft is theft is theft. You keep changing your argument after I take apart your prior one. Werent we talking about games? That's what I thought. Have a nice day : )
---
#175RayzerTagPosted 1/6/2013 4:06:59 PM(edited)
gameboygrey posted...
The AAA or bust mentality.

Some reporter from gametrailers on his GOTY: 'I love Journey, but I got to stick to the big games, man'. His GOTY was Assassin's Creed III.

---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#176ItsTheSasquatchPosted 1/6/2013 4:25:22 PM(edited)
: ) theft is theft is theft is theft. You keep changing your argument after I take apart your prior one. Werent we talking about games? That's what I thought. Have a nice day : )

Copyright law applies to games too, genius. A lot of the same companies are involved with the industry groups in question (Sony, for example, is one of the kingpins behind the RIAA, MPAA, and ESA--all of which are guilty of using laws they bought--err, I mean "lobbied for"--to bankrupt and/or intimidate anyone who dares to oppose them).

And no, you haven't "taken apart" anything, nor have I changed my argument. You're just spouting MaFIAA propaganda. I bet you even supported SOPA.

Just gonna leave this here, btw. Certain wealthy individuals had its authors fired, as I recall. Telling the truth doesn't sit well with the upper class.

https://www.eff.org/document/rsc-report-three-myths-about-copyright-law
---
*disappears into forest*
#177squarex8264Posted 1/6/2013 4:19:09 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
And why can't they decide:
Stuff that's ready to play on the disc = not DLC
Stuff we haven't made yet = DLC

I see this argument come up a lot, and I don't think people realize that sometimes DLC is made while a game is in development, but not as part of the main development.

Let's give a simple example:
-Studio has a dev team of 100 people working on a game. They could have those 100 people finish the game, then start development of DLC once the game has gone gold, but this can cause the DLC to come out 6 months after the game has been released and people have moved on to a different title.

-Now, let's say the studio decides to hire an additional team of 20 people. While the main team is still finishing the game, this sub-team can start making the DLC. In this way, the DLC can be launched closer to the game while gamers are still thinking about/playing the game. But like the other poster stated, the DLC was already decided on before making the game. Whether it lives on the game or comes out afterwards, it's additional content that they decided not to put in the main package.

I've seen the argument go both ways, and there are always whiners on either side:

-DLC comes out day of launch: people complain DLC too soon

-DLC comes out year later or more: people complain game already sold/ no longer playing/ not interested

-DLC steadily comes out every few months for a year: people complain why original game didn't have all content/ why not put new content in sequel/ just wait for GOTY edition
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#178mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/6/2013 4:28:03 PM

Copyright law applies to games too, genius. A lot of the same companies are involved with the industry groups in question (Sony, for example, is one of the kingpins behind the RIAA, MPAA, and ESA--all of which are guilty of using laws they bought--err, I mean "lobbied for"--to bankrupt and/or intimidate anyone who dares to oppose them).

And no, you haven't "taken apart" anything, nor have I changed my argument. You're just spouting MaFIAA propaganda. I bet you even supported SOPA.

Propaganda? SOPA? Pffffttt. What I support is the right of a creator of a product to profit from their creation without having people like you justify their theft by claiming those trying to protect their product are terrorists. Every word you have typed is drivel. You sound like a whiney, spoiled, entitled teenager. You want something that someone else made? Pay them for it. You are entitled to NOTHING from them for FREE unless it is directly given to you.

Again, I've taken apart every argument you have with simple logic and facts while you shout that these people are bad for protecting their product and thus their ability to make a living. You are a fool. The end.
---
#179ItsTheSasquatchPosted 1/6/2013 4:32:34 PM

I'm a software engineer, kiddo. You know who really steals from people like me? It's not the pirates. It's the management.

Also, your continued claims of "logic" and "taking apart my arguments" are pretty funny. You haven't done either, nor even attempted to as far as I can see. Read that paper I posted.
---
*disappears into forest*
#180mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/6/2013 4:37:22 PM

I'm a software engineer, kiddo. You know who really steals from people like me? It's not the pirates. It's the management.

Also, your continued claims of "logic" and "taking apart my arguments" are pretty funny. You haven't done either, nor even attempted to as far as I can see. Read that paper I posted.

Kiddo? Friend I have a kid of my own. Again you haven't countered a single argument of mine and have finally given in to the frustration of defeat by calling me names. All you've done is try to justify stealing from hard working individuals who are trying to make a living. kiddo lol. Says the guy calling victims of theft terrorists. Again, it was nice putting you in your place, have a pleasant night. : )
---