This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what do you think is the worst thing in gaming right now?

#31nintendogamer13Posted 1/5/2013 6:40:14 PM
this whole generation is the worst thing in gaming.
---
Now playing: FFVII, Persona 3FES, Torchlight 2, witcher 2
#32FredSavage27Posted 1/5/2013 6:48:04 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
If anyone is "missing" the point it's those that think they would be getting that content free in this day and age. I don't agree with it. But I understand it.

It's not about wanting content for free, it's about content that should be part of a $60 game.
#33ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 6:48:49 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
^ Oh it happens... I know a lot of people in the industry, heck even my own cousin told me the teamXbox got paid for their Wet review... And guess what, that was the site that gave it the highest score around... :(
a2m... Thank God he left that place for tablet games :)

Damn you Clerks 2.
---
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
#34ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 6:49:31 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
If anyone is "missing" the point it's those that think they would be getting that content free in this day and age. I don't agree with it. But I understand it.

It's not about wanting content for free, it's about content that should be part of a $60 game.

But it's not. That option is gone. Would you rather it be on the disc or off the disc?
---
#35randomweirdoPosted 1/5/2013 7:01:53 PM
Pretty graphics.

Pretty graphics because they don't get made good use of. It's amazing the sheer number of games where it is hard to see stuff because it is too dark or you can't rotate or move the camera at all and a chest is hidden behind something. That and thy highly increased development costs due to graphics cause many games to lack good gameplay, story and other elements that make games awesome. They have also caused many gamers to become shallow and not play a game that doesn't have the best of graphics just because of that. Realism is nice, but not at the cost of what makes games fun to play. It really seems as the quality of graphics has gone up, the number of games that are fun to play goes down. It also is very much a deterrent to smaller developers when there are already enough obstacles for them to make a profit. Given time, all that really is going to be left is Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, 2K, Rockstar, SquareEnix and maybe a couple of others and that means that we'll just be getting the same games over and over again and it's just going to be more sequels with little added.

That and gamers who only play games with nice graphics and won't bother with games that don't have top of the line graphics. I'm sick and tired of seeing good games rated badly because they don't have graphics like the newest Final Fantasy, Call of Duty or Halo game.
#36ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 7:03:38 PM
When people mention graphics I often wonder what quality games have "bad" graphics in their eyes. To me nearly all games have nice graphics now.
---
#37mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/5/2013 7:11:08 PM
oomomow posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
Gamers. Some of you guys just look for things to complain about, I swear. Whether its dlc, used games, digital distribution, paying for live, or worse a game ending in a way you don't like, or the very worst, complaining about a games cover, then they have a fan vote to pick an alt cover, and they still complain!

This isn't just a problem with gamers. It's a problem with modern humans.

Growing technology that allows amazing human ideas come to fruition like never before, and things are only going to get better. For every cod you have bioshocks, dishonored, skyrim, journey etc. Games that are starting to expand on the idea of what a game is/can do.

Games like Skyrim are the exact opposite of what a game should be. the only thing Skyrim has is a Pretty Environment, and Pretty character models. Imagine if Skyrim had bad graphics or decent graphics. The game would absolutely suck.

I can't tell if you're serious. Name me a game with a deeper world. Every single npc has their own routine/schedule. You can play pretty much any way you choose. The world is massive, and populated with humans, beasts, fruits, veggies, etc. No other game has nearly as much culture, lore, and history woven into it. The scenery is both diverse and beautiful. The combat is fun(i thoroughly enjoy it even if some think its horrible). You can craft and enchant weapons and armor. There's a deep alchemy system. Blah blah blah I could go on.

Don't even bring up glitches. My game crashed 3 times in over 100 hours of play. But it doesn't matter bc everytime you walk into a room it saves.

You would be hard pressed to find a game with more ambitious devs.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#38Super CreaturesPosted 1/5/2013 7:53:37 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
I think "Fake" reviews. If only we knew what was truly going on backstage. One thing I learned in life is that anyone will do anything when it comes for money. So, I know there's a lot of paid reviews out there and if we knew it would shock us a lot.

Don't forget the other end of the spectrum.

That being the faked reviews from trolls that just want to bash the game/console/series/etc.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#39ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 7:58:01 PM
oomomow posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
Gamers. Some of you guys just look for things to complain about, I swear. Whether its dlc, used games, digital distribution, paying for live, or worse a game ending in a way you don't like, or the very worst, complaining about a games cover, then they have a fan vote to pick an alt cover, and they still complain!

This isn't just a problem with gamers. It's a problem with modern humans.

Growing technology that allows amazing human ideas come to fruition like never before, and things are only going to get better. For every cod you have bioshocks, dishonored, skyrim, journey etc. Games that are starting to expand on the idea of what a game is/can do.

Games like Skyrim are the exact opposite of what a game should be. the only thing Skyrim has is a Pretty Environment, and Pretty character models. Imagine if Skyrim had bad graphics or decent graphics. The game would absolutely suck.

I can't tell if you're serious. Name me a game with a deeper world. Every single npc has their own routine/schedule. You can play pretty much any way you choose. The world is massive, and populated with humans, beasts, fruits, veggies, etc. No other game has nearly as much culture, lore, and history woven into it. The scenery is both diverse and beautiful. The combat is fun(i thoroughly enjoy it even if some think its horrible). You can craft and enchant weapons and armor. There's a deep alchemy system. Blah blah blah I could go on.

Don't even bring up glitches. My game crashed 3 times in over 100 hours of play. But it doesn't matter bc everytime you walk into a room it saves.

You would be hard pressed to find a game with more ambitious devs.

Obsidian has more ambitious devs, just with less technical talent.

I think gamers are too jaded if they feel Skyrim isn't deep.
---
#40FredSavage27Posted 1/5/2013 7:59:34 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
FredSavage27 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...

But it's not. That option is gone. Would you rather it be on the disc or off the disc?

How is the option gone? There's a lot of games that don't use DLC as an excuse to remove content, and a lot of games that don't have DLC at all.