This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what do you think is the worst thing in gaming right now?

#41ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 8:02:36 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
FredSavage27 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
If anyone is "missing" the point it's those that think they would be getting that content free in this day and age. I don't agree with it. But I understand it.

It's not about wanting content for free, it's about content that should be part of a $60 game.

But it's not. That option is gone. Would you rather it be on the disc or off the disc?

How is the option gone? There's a lot of games that don't use DLC as an excuse to remove content, and a lot of games that don't have DLC at all.

You're missing my point. In those instances it doesn't matter. The option is gone the moment they decide what is and what isn't DLC. At that point you are not getting that content without paying extra.
---
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
#42FredSavage27Posted 1/5/2013 8:09:14 PM
And why can't they decide:
Stuff that's ready to play on the disc = not DLC
Stuff we haven't made yet = DLC
#43JuhanorPosted 1/5/2013 8:21:27 PM
Increased reliance on QTEs, DLC, and "dumbing down" gameplay, on the part of the developers. It all leads to an obvious decrease in quality, especially when it happens in-between sequels.
#44ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 8:27:01 PM
Juhanor posted...
Increased reliance on QTEs, DLC, and "dumbing down" gameplay, on the part of the developers. It all leads to an obvious decrease in quality, especially when it happens in-between sequels.

It's funny that people dislike QTEs but like games such as the Batman games. The fighting in those games are little more than disguised QTEs. (Not directed at the person I quoted, but inspired by it.)

I'm actually in favor of "dumbing down" some game play as well. However give people an option to use more complex controls if they want. For example I play FIFA on two button mode but like that they still allow others to use full controls.

DLC I'm torn on. I love proper expansions. I hate quick add ons. But that's the PC gamer in me. Quick add ons feel like fan mods that would be community made.
---
#45ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 8:27:52 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
And why can't they decide:
Stuff that's ready to play on the disc = not DLC
Stuff we haven't made yet = DLC

I understand what you mean. And I agree. But I also see it from their side. Folks will pay for it so why not charge. It's crap but it's how it is.
---
#46SytherantisPosted 1/5/2013 8:40:20 PM
Unfinished. Games.

There is nothing, and I mean nothing worse than playing a game and constantly thinking, "Wow, what this could have been!", and knowing that it will never live up to what it could have been.

It's even worse when you know the plans behind the game beforehand, or you can just see the core concept bleeding through the game crystal-clear but knowing it will never be explored.

This is why I like indie games. Less politics, deadlines, and shareholders involved. Games can take a long time in development, and when they are released, they tend to explore their unique concepts in full. With most AAA games nowadays, it's just too easy to see what should have been there, but isn't. And it's much more profitable to release pointless bonus content on DLC and patches rather than fixing the game to the original specifications.

Second worst thing in gaming for me are F2P scams, as my sig might indicate.
---
Friends don't let friends buy digital clothes with real money.
#47D1TremerePosted 1/5/2013 8:45:24 PM
The single worst thing in gameing right now is the corporate policy of trying to make games that appeal to everyone, instead of making great games which appeal to fans of that type of game play.
This results at best in a weeker and more watered down game, and at worst a bland game which offers nothing.

This same affliction plagues the movie industry.
---
PSN: BlackSheep121, 360 Tag: D1Tremere, Steam ID: D1Tremere
#48ADHDguitarPosted 1/5/2013 8:46:45 PM
People who bash styles of games they don't like and/or the people that play them.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#49zeldafan477Posted 1/5/2013 8:54:04 PM(edited)
For me, the worst part of gaming this gen is the whole graphics>gameplay/story mentality companies have. Honestly, I'd rather play a game with good story and engrossing gameplay that had late PS1/ PS2 graphics, than a pretty game that focuses too much on graphics.

Lost Odyssey hit a pretty good story/graphics balance, IMO.
---
Not changing this until Capcom either gets their act together or the company goes under (Dragon's Dogma was a good start.)
#50greaterspherePosted 1/5/2013 8:51:43 PM
HeLeeham posted...
glyde69 posted...
The fanbase

This.

---
Batman: You want to know something funny? Even after everything you've done, I would have saved you.
The Joker: [laughs, coughs] Actually that is pretty funny.