This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what do you think is the worst thing in gaming right now?

#51ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 8:54:03 PM
zeldafan477 posted...
For me, the worst part of gaming this gen if the whole graphics>gameplay/story mentality companies had. Honestly, i'd rather play a game with good story and engrossing gameplay that had late PS1/ PS2 graphics, than a pretty game that focuses too much on graphics.

Lost Odyssey hit a pretty good story/graphics balance.

This is a cop out now though. Nearly all games have good graphics these days. I agree with it because I prefer 2D sprites. But it's still mostly untrue.
---
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
#52Super CreaturesPosted 1/5/2013 8:55:32 PM
Unreal Engine 3.

It should not take Alice's dress 2 minutes to fully load when you are changing dresses.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#53kingwutuguPosted 1/5/2013 8:55:59 PM
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#54TKDBoy1889Posted 1/5/2013 8:59:27 PM
Two things, I can't decide between them.

1, Immoral and terrible developer actions, from things like day-one DLC, paid exclusives, to always online games (Bascially means if you lose internet you can't play the game you paid for, and also means once the company abandons the game it's no more). A lot of companies now make their money through these methods as opposed to trying to perfect their craft and make good games. There are still game developers more focused on profit through making games people love, but many are following the path of EA and the like, just finding whatever way they can to get an extra 5 or 10 dollars from each customer.

2, Fanbases and many gamers. From the fanboys of certain companies to the fanbases of certain series, gamers today will always find something to whine about, or bash, It's honestly really annoying. If a day goes by that a Nintendo vs. Microsoft vs Sony war topic is not made here, I think the world will end. Then you got gamers that are never happy with a series they claim to love. Make it more like the originals, they will complain it's not new and it's all the same. Make something new, and they'll whine because it strayed from the original. People these days either blindly praise games/companies or whine about them no matter what.
#55Lastexile0Posted 1/5/2013 9:00:38 PM
Call of Duty and League of Legends
---
~Not changing this sig ever~
Started Saturday, September 26, 2009 9:56 PM MST
#56ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 9:01:33 PM
The solution to disliking the fanbases is simple, ignore the online communities. Ignore this website and all the rest. Imagine gaming in the pre internet days. People still complained but only to others that were able to hear it. Now everyone can hear it.
---
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
#57MaroziPosted 1/5/2013 9:04:36 PM
Brown hair and stubble as a character design paradigm.

Fat space marines and brown backgrounds as a design choice.

The lack of legit survival horror entries in gaming (excluding standout titles like Amnesia) as companies aim for the more marketable co-op action-horror.
---
Watch your back. Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. NEVER cut a deal with a dragon. XBox: Oceansouldog
#58DarthVashtiPosted 1/5/2013 9:07:28 PM
Multiplayer is the worst thing to happen to gaming period. It's gotten so bad that devs and pubs think it needs to be in every game.
#59Pawkie07Posted 1/5/2013 9:12:50 PM(edited)
CoD

it's pretty much killed most of the gaming industry cause all anyone does anymore is spit out clones.
#60GalcianPosted 1/5/2013 9:13:15 PM
DLC, mostly
---
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/5/56/Versus_logo.jpg
A new era