This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what do you think is the worst thing in gaming right now?

#61ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 8:16:29 PM
Pawkie07 posted...
CoD

it's pretty much killed most of the gaming industry cause all anyone does anymore is spit out clones.

Cop out again. Call of Duty is not the reason other genres aren't producing. It's not as though if CoD ceased to exist we would suddenly have an influx of quality games.

Want to blame CoD, blame Just Dance as well. It was the second highest selling franchise.
---
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
#62BlackWizardMagusPosted 1/5/2013 8:28:53 PM
Making things pretty instead of good. But I don't mean graphics. I mean, instead of making a deep, interesting combat system, just make a simple button masher or a bunch of QTEs and add in kill cams and blood and cool, automatic moves. Or, instead of an actual, deep plot with characters that have an actual arc and that you can get emotionally invested in, make them funny or badass with some good voice acting (or just alot of them). Or instead of a world with a deep history and some fascinating events, make some big, open world game where 99% of it is utterly irrelevant filler, and is mostly just the same thing over and over with some shallow, uninteresting sidequests. Or, instead of a deep character development and equipment system, so you can really tailor a character just for you, you get a shallow, obvious system with easy but time consuming item creation (all of which is overpowered if you put even an ounce of thought into it). Wait, speaking of Skyrim...

None of these things are necessarily bad, mind you. I like games that have these things. But that developers, and far too many gamers, accept these substitutions as being as good as the real thing. And I hate that, and it kills gaming, because there's no real feedback; a game is either "terrible", "meh", or "super awesome". Stupid details are whined about, but putting in a lazy, stock plot in place of a real story is accepted and the plot will even get a 9.5 rating.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#63CBratePosted 1/5/2013 8:30:31 PM
Internet connectivity.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 179 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: stupid_newbie
#64iloveyoshi0XOPosted 1/5/2013 8:42:29 PM
freemium games and too much of the same thing. CoD fans, too.
---
wii FC-2012 7391 6254 2047 | 3DS FC 4339 2584 4120
PSN- uber_Gruber
#65WiiFan77Posted 1/5/2013 8:48:44 PM
I hate how all action games are the same. "Mash some buttons here, brutally murder an alien mook there, watch a 30-second cutscene for the killing-blow".
---
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#66zalak321Posted 1/5/2013 8:55:52 PM
Donomega posted...
On-disc DLC :( Does anyone like that?

Yeah, or even planned DLC from launch.

I hate it alll.
---
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
#67ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 8:59:49 PM
zalak321 posted...
Donomega posted...
On-disc DLC :( Does anyone like that?

Yeah, or even planned DLC from launch.

I hate it alll.

Of course DLC is optional. So the hate for it seems a bit much.
---
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
#68oldgamingfanPosted 1/5/2013 9:02:22 PM
SONY!!!
---
the end of the world is coming and i am ready
#69higherflyerJPosted 1/5/2013 9:02:23 PM
The "new" gamers.
#70RPGNinja123Posted 1/5/2013 9:02:41 PM
Definitely the people who buy the games. Majority of them are idiots.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV