This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what do you think is the worst thing in gaming right now?

#71ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 10:02:59 PM
higherflyerJ posted...
The "new" gamers.

So anyone younger than someone else? Got it. Guess I should dislike the majority of gamers.
---
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
#72CBZ652Posted 1/5/2013 10:13:12 PM
DLC, especially the already on disc, but being held back to squeeze out more money variety. I'm not crazy about DD either.
---
A candle loses nothing by lighting another
#73Zerone18472Posted 1/5/2013 10:14:08 PM
In my opinion, many things are seriously hurting gaming.

1. Japanese Role-Playing Games don't sell.

This really saddens me but the PS2, PSP and PS 1 are still the systems I have to play if I want to play the majority of JRPG's. I can count all the good JRPG's this gen on my hands and toes. Not good at all.

2. Atlus not supporting current-gen.

Explanation: Still waiting on Persona 5, a current PS3 / Wii / 360 SMT game. Atlus makes great games and a cutting edge SMT or Persona would help bring better games to the industry.

3. Too many yearly iterations of games.

Explanation: Sometimes more isn't better.

4. Death of Megaman and Jak and Daxter and other great franchises.

Explanation: When will we see the next "true" megaman or Jak and Daxter??

5. Too much focus on FFXIII

Explanation: Where is Versus? Stop making Final Fantasy 13 sequels.

6. This current-gen needed to end 2 years ago. It's been too long.

We should've already had an Xbox 720 or PS4. Seriously, these systems are outdated. I don't care about motion controls or media centers. I bought my PS3 and 360 for gaming.

These are just some of the issues that I believe are hurting the gaming industry.
#74ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 10:18:12 PM
JRPGs never really "sold". They did well for the time. But now the install base for consoles is larger so the same numbers don't cut it.
---
#75CyhortI82Posted 1/5/2013 10:18:35 PM
Gamers. Whiny, b****y, entitled, elitist gamers.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#76higherflyerJPosted 1/5/2013 10:20:14 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
higherflyerJ posted...
The "new" gamers.

So anyone younger than someone else? Got it. Guess I should dislike the majority of gamers.

Oh, please. Put some thought into it. I meant the COD gamers and one's that think online modes should be the main priority.
#77RPGNinja123Posted 1/5/2013 10:22:32 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
JRPGs never really "sold". They did well for the time. But now the install base for consoles is larger so the same numbers don't cut it.

You were probably born after PSX and SNES otherwise you would retract that statement.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#78ShuraYukihimePosted 1/5/2013 10:23:18 PM
higherflyerJ posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
higherflyerJ posted...
The "new" gamers.

Oh, please. Put some thought into it. I meant the COD gamers and one's that think online modes should be the main priority.

You meant something other than what you said. There are plenty of "new" gamers that have never played a Call of Duty.
---
#79higherflyerJPosted 1/5/2013 10:27:13 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
higherflyerJ posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
higherflyerJ posted...
The "new" gamers.

You meant something other than what you said. There are plenty of "new" gamers that have never played a Call of Duty.

I love it when "New" Users come with an attitude right out of the gate. You'll fit right in. *yawn*
#80G-NsericoPosted 1/5/2013 10:28:41 PM
DLCs. The companies release incomplete games and then they offer the content not included separately. It's a scam.

Always On-line. They force you to have an internet connection to play, even games that are single player. The best example off this is Diablo 3.

The lack of diversity. Genres disappearing (Survival Horror, Adventure, Strategy) and others begin to dominate everything (FPS, TPS, Action, Open World / Sandbox). Because of this tendency there are series that have lost its identity. Examples: Final Fantasy and Resident Evil.

Hollywoodization of gaming. Also called "cinematic experience", seeking to recreate the atmosphere of the movies. The only thing that usually provide are long and endless cutscenes and a false sense of epicness.

Quick Time Events. They are everywhere. They are totally unnecessary and stupid.