This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you like beat em ups and/or Platinum Games, please buy Anarchy Reigns

#121Mindwipe77Posted 1/9/2013 9:24:09 AM
idiots
---
Now playing-Playstation all stars
GOTY 2013-Lightning Returns
#122MR_SorenPosted 1/9/2013 11:09:00 AM
Sheepinator posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Platinum is a hit or miss developer and I don't like it when their fanboys' fingers type up lame excuses and call people "troll".

As was shown, you have been trolling and doing personal attacks, so the label is warranted in your case.

Metacritic:

MadWorld 81%
Infinite Space 75%
Bayonetta 90%
Vanquish 84%

For one developer on multiple platforms and multiple genres, that looks pretty good. A lot of developers never see one of their games scoring in the 90's. Their only game not in the 80's or 90's is a DS game. Definitely not "unimpressive" or "hit and miss".

The thing is, MadWorld sucked and Infinite Space was actually quite good. God Hand was given a 3/10 by IGN, but a lot of people love it.

MadWorld is the only disappointing Platinum game I've ever played.

Anyway, TC, thanks for posting this thread. I wasn't aware of Anarchy Reigns, but I might make it my January game.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#123MasterVadingPosted 1/9/2013 12:20:04 PM
The more I play the more I get better online. It's a pretty good experience so far.
---
2012-2013 Denver Broncos 13-3
PSN: Menvimacal
#124SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/9/2013 12:36:11 PM(edited)
I wanted to love this game so far but I'm having a hard time.

First of all, the graphics aren't so hot. Almost looks like a launch title. Are the graphics even HD? Everything looks a bit blury overall, not as shapr and crisp as other tiles, even other platinum games like Bayonetta.

The match making seems to be broken half the time. I've join many lobbies where everyones ready and the countdown timer doesnt start, or it does finally start then stops after a few seconds.

Also whats the deal with the humungous 1min 30 second countdown too? You pick a character, color if needed and one ability, its not rocket science.

Also, why does the timer not start until everyone clicks ready? This is also a big fail. Once the required amount of people is met, the timer should start automatically. If your in the lobby you should be ready to play.

Being the small little game this is I have no faith the matchmaking will be patched.

The music is atrocious. Single player seems to have a wide variety of tracks, but every multiplayer stage is playing the same few lackluster hip hop songs over and over.

I will definatly be on again tonight to see if the game can finally get me hooked, but its not looking good so far.