This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you like beat em ups and/or Platinum Games, please buy Anarchy Reigns

#61M DAMAGE(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 6:35:37 AM
-yes there is a lengthy single player/ campaign mode. It is a spiritual successor to Mad World on Wii in this respect with many elements from God Hand mixed in. This results in a much deeper fighting system than Mad World had, along with better overall gameplay.

The depth of the combat falls somewhere inbetween smash bros and a conventional fighter such as street fighter 4.

IMO, it is very much like a 3D smash bros, or a Powerstone type deal on steroids and enhanced beyond belief. Environmental hazardz are present, the whole 9 yards.

Some things to consider are:

-- A game like this has never been attempted before. It is as OG as you're gonna get. There has never been a multiplayer brawler on this scale in the same veign as Gears of War. (But the combat is melee centered instead of shooting centered)

--Many multiplayer games, (almost all) dont have bots at all, let alone CPUs that are halfway decent. AR does. Hell, almost all supposed AAA titles do not bother with bots. Once the online is dead in something like Halo, it's dead overall.

--No splitscreen multiplayer

--A huge amount of characters and modes of play for only 30 bucks
#62M DAMAGE(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 6:44:31 AM
I thought AR is exactly the type of game real "gamers" SAY they want???

Original IP with fresh ideas, tons of content, extremely competitive price point. But when a dev delivers this, it gets shunned.

Tough break for Platinum. Guess people don't understand that if you want to see more projects from them, or have an interest in MGR or something, well, you should support them. AR's price point allows you to do so easily.

Platinum is on the ropes thanks to Sega's screwjob.
#63DarkSymbiotePosted 1/8/2013 6:44:43 AM
As usual:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/620290-anarchy-reigns/reviews/review-151543
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#64DarkSymbiotePosted 1/8/2013 6:45:58 AM
M DAMAGE posted...

Original IP with fresh ideas, tons of content, extremely competitive price point. But when a dev delivers this, it gets shunned.

Tough break for Platinum. Guess people don't understand that if you want to see more projects from them, or have an interest in MGR or something, well, you should support them. AR's price point allows you to do so easily.

Don't shift the blame to gamers when they release unimpressive games.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#65Solid SonicPosted 1/8/2013 6:48:37 AM
B-b-b-but...no Sam Gideon!
---
Linux will never be a gaming platform.
#66DyingPancakePosted 1/8/2013 6:52:29 AM
M DAMAGE posted...

Blindly buying games as some sort of loyalty is dumb no matter how much you like the developer.

I like pretty much every game from AAA titles like Call of Duty and Halo to lesser known games like Binary Domain. If a game seems fun to me I'm going to try it

Maybe this game is fun. I don't know. I'll atleast give it some sort of shot, but to me the gameplay here just doesn't look that good and its a game that I don't mind waiting for a big price-drop for
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#67natevinesPosted 1/8/2013 6:54:58 AM
Game sucks, don't buy it.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#68M DAMAGE(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 6:57:27 AM
That review is trash on so many levels.

Honestly, listing lip synching and cutscenes as negatives in a game like this? Saying the environs are bland when in reality there is a metric ton of **** happening at all times? I dont know what game that dude played but it wasnt AR.

Hey, the cutscenes/lip synching in Street Fighter 4 and madden 2013 are not to my liking-- 5/10 herp derp.
#69SheepinatorPosted 1/8/2013 6:58:25 AM
M DAMAGE posted...

Yup. Then these same gamers will be the first to complain when games like Bayonetta 2 go to WiiU, or that the market is filled with CoD clones #1 - #127.

DyingPancake posted...
its a game that I don't mind waiting for a big price-drop for

It has already dropped from $60 to $30. Isn't that a big price drop?

DarkSymbiote posted...
Don't shift the blame to gamers when they release unimpressive games.

Stop trolling. Games like Bayonetta and Vanquish are hardly "unimpressive".
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#70BlueJester007Posted 1/8/2013 7:04:17 AM
The only money I'm going to give to Platinum Games is when they re-release God Hand.
---
Look, if you want me to go take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I can. I got spare time.