This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you like beat em ups and/or Platinum Games, please buy Anarchy Reigns

#91DarkSymbiotePosted 1/8/2013 8:39:27 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
DarkSymbiote

Seepinator posted...
Stop trolling. Games like Bayonetta and Vanquish are hardly "unimpressive".

I never said they were, did I? Do you enjoy being a hotheaded fool?

Uh Symby, according to the quote he was responding to, you did indeed say the games they release were unimpressive.

I never meant all of Platinum's games. Just games in general. Platinum is a hit or miss developer and I don't like it when their fanboys' fingers type up lame excuses and call people "troll". No offence to BlueJester.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#92SheepinatorPosted 1/8/2013 8:45:41 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
M DAMAGE posted...
I thought AR is exactly the type of game real "gamers" SAY they want???

Original IP with fresh ideas, tons of content, extremely competitive price point. But when a dev delivers this, it gets shunned.

Tough break for Platinum. Guess people don't understand that if you want to see more projects from them, or have an interest in MGR or something, well, you should support them. AR's price point allows you to do so easily.

Platinum is on the ropes thanks to Sega's screwjob.

Don't shift the blame to gamers when they release unimpressive games.

---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#93BlueJester007Posted 1/8/2013 8:50:09 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
No offence to BlueJester.

I'm not defending Platinum Games. I am not a huge fan of them myself. I just thought it was bit contradictory of you to say their games are unimpressive and then say you haven't said that.
---
Look, if you want me to go take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I can. I got spare time.
#94SheepinatorPosted 1/8/2013 8:56:38 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Platinum is a hit or miss developer and I don't like it when their fanboys' fingers type up lame excuses and call people "troll".

As was shown, you have been trolling and doing personal attacks, so the label is warranted in your case.

Metacritic:

MadWorld 81%
Infinite Space 75%
Bayonetta 90%
Vanquish 84%

For one developer on multiple platforms and multiple genres, that looks pretty good. A lot of developers never see one of their games scoring in the 90's. Their only game not in the 80's or 90's is a DS game. Definitely not "unimpressive" or "hit and miss".
---
#95Enix BelmontPosted 1/8/2013 9:08:58 AM
Sheepinator posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Platinum is a hit or miss developer and I don't like it when their fanboys' fingers type up lame excuses and call people "troll".

As was shown, you have been trolling and doing personal attacks, so the label is warranted in your case.

Metacritic:

MadWorld 81%
Infinite Space 75%
Bayonetta 90%
Vanquish 84%

For one developer on multiple platforms and multiple genres, that looks pretty good. A lot of developers never see one of their games scoring in the 90's. Their only game not in the 80's or 90's is a DS game. Definitely not "unimpressive" or "hit and miss".

Mad World, IMO(and many others, although it sold like **** so many people didn't play it) sucks, though. I blame good reviews on it being a Wii game actually made for hardcore audiences. The game is repetitive as hell. It's the definition of style over substance.

Bayonetta and Vanquish are great and you won't find too many people who say otherwise. Bayonetta might be my favorite game of all time.

But I think the developer love is a bit blind for a company who generally has two games it's fan's have played.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#96pushoPosted 1/8/2013 10:08:20 AM
Never heard of this game but the trailer looked really cool, I'll probably think about buying it, thanks TC!
---
SoulSilver FC: 3395-5870-7789
Black FC: 0733-4647-7864
#97SheepinatorPosted 1/8/2013 10:18:36 AM
Enix Belmont posted...
Bayonetta and Vanquish are great and you won't find too many people who say otherwise. Bayonetta might be my favorite game of all time.

But I think the developer love is a bit blind for a company who generally has two games it's fan's have played.

Which would be 100% of their games on this platform, before today.
---
#98Madness2012Posted 1/8/2013 10:21:41 AM
Game looks pretty sweet.....
#99OnePieceFanPosted 1/8/2013 10:34:08 AM
RasutoSSAikou posted...
-
--A huge amount of characters and modes of play for only 30 bucks

I don't think the words "A huge amount" can be used for a game with less than 10 modes and less than 20 characters, but that's just me.

For a new IP, that's actually pretty good, especially since a majority of the characters would have to be made just for this game (to my knowledge, only four or five characters return from MadWorld - Jack, the Black(er) Baron, Mathilda, Rin Rin, and maybe Big Bull).
---
http://s8.zetaboards.com/One_Piece_MUGEN/index/ - One Piece: Grand Line Bout (fangame covering the whole series as of now)
#100Enix BelmontPosted 1/8/2013 10:36:02 AM
Sheepinator posted...
Enix Belmont posted...

Which would be 100% of their games on this platform, before today.

I agree and understand, but I don't think two games being amazing is quite enough to call them the greatest company ever or anything.

Maybe it's just me, but thanks to Mad World and Infinite Space(the latter of which is actually not bad), I guess I just attribute Clover and Platinum's successes to Kamiya and Mikami - All their good games so far have one of them in common, and even when the developer changes, Mikami's influence, at the least, is very apparent, as is the case with Shadows of the Damned.(Although their devs didn't do as well as Platinum did with vanquish.). They've made masterpieces, but thanks to Madworld and Red Hot Rumble, I think any game without one of them isn't going to be as good. Red Hot Rumble was not just the worst game Clover has ever released, but also one of the only capcom purchases I regret more than RE6.

What other games have one of those two NOT worked on? Possibly Viewtiful Joe DS? Which was alright. Anarchy Reigns and MG: Rising don't have either of them, too.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg