This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What console are you going with next gen?

#51DarkSymbiotePosted 1/8/2013 5:46:00 AM
If Microsoft is continuing their current trend I am jumping ship... again.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#52bigphil2003Posted 1/8/2013 5:55:43 AM
El_Zaggy posted...
TheIastspartan posted...
flagg2kplus posted...
TheIastspartan posted...
Wii U once it actually gets some good games like Zelda, a 3D Mario, Metroid and Smash Bros. Not to mention a price drop.

The topic question is NEXT GEN.

The Wii U is not next gen.

It has ****ty specs and power, but that doesn't stop it from being a next gen console.

So youre saying that a console maker can put a ****ty product on the market and calls it next gen? Next gen are by definition, new consoles that are a lot more advanced in power and graphics than the current ones.

Next gen are by definition, consoles designed and marketed as competitors is the next generation of consoles. Wii U is not designed to complete with the Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3. It is a next gen console because Nintendo say it is, whether you like it or not.
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie
#53KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/8/2013 6:12:37 AM
Assuming the games stay the same, defintely the PS4. The 360 was my primary console this gen but I will almost certainly go with the PS4, I hate the direction MS is taking the 360 (ads, expensive, awful digital pricing, poor interface, watering down XBL features)and the only notable excusives being Gears Of War, Halo anfd Forza (and maybe Fable). I'm not too worried about missing out on them (the reason I bought the 360 in the first place was because the influx of exclusive Japanese games). I also have a new gaming PC (first ever) so I will buy any multiplats for that and the PS3 has far far better exculsives (IMO) so I'll have acess to them.

That leaves the new Xbox fairly pointless next gen. The Wii U maybe an eventual purchase if Nintedo announce/release some exlcusive games that take my fancy, but they have a long way to go to convince me yet...
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#54DarkSymbiotePosted 1/8/2013 6:27:12 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
Assuming the games stay the same, defintely the PS4. The 360 was my primary console this gen but I will almost certainly go with the PS4, I hate the direction MS is taking the 360 (ads, expensive, awful digital pricing, poor interface, watering down XBL features)and the only notable excusives being Gears Of War, Halo anfd Forza (and maybe Fable). I'm not too worried about missing out on them (the reason I bought the 360 in the first place was because the influx of exclusive Japanese games). I also have a new gaming PC (first ever) so I will buy any multiplats for that and the PS3 has far far better exculsives (IMO) so I'll have acess to them.

That leaves the new Xbox fairly pointless next gen. The Wii U maybe an eventual purchase if Nintedo announce/release some exlcusive games that take my fancy, but they have a long way to go to convince me yet...

Sums up my thoughts except for that PC bit.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#55kylecliffePosted 1/8/2013 6:32:43 AM
Nintendo release a variety of games. Therefore iam rooting for Nintendo, the Wii won this gen and the Wii U looks promising, what more can Sony and Microsoft bring to their consoles? Apart from redoing what Nintendo already has.
---
No changing this sig until I FC Through The Fire & Flames & get a time less than 1:10 on Luigi Circuit!
#56KCGeminiPosted 1/8/2013 6:57:51 AM
The 360 was fine at first, but over the years I've noticed less and less good games.
I think I'm honestly going PC next gen.
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#57knightimexPosted 1/8/2013 7:19:02 AM(edited)
PS4, 720 Wii U mad?

Wii U is current gen.

ps3 and 360 are last gen.
Wii U is capable of things not possible on Xbox 360 and ps3 such as having much much better anti aliasing, higher resolution AND a better frame rate.

Most ports on wii u are rushed and look like s***.

Even small games like trine 2 destroy ps3 and 360 version.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#58flame030191Posted 1/8/2013 7:22:30 AM
knightimex posted...
PS4, 720 Wii U mad?

Wii U is current gen.

ps3 and 360 are last gen.
Wii U is capable of things not possible on Xbox 360 and ps3 such as having much much better anti aliasing, higher resolution AND a better frame rate.

Most ports on wii u are rushed and look like s***.

Even small games like trine 2 destroy ps3 and 360 version.

Until your system dies or you decide to upgrade to an inevitably coming new model of the Wii U. Then all your progress and purchases go to whoever buys your current Wii U as you start off with nothing.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#59DonomegaPosted 1/8/2013 7:47:45 AM
I voted 720 but truth be told I could pick them both up depending on their prices
---
3Ds friend code - 0903-4184-6816
Xbox Live: RobDaCool
#60CapnStankyPosted 1/8/2013 7:49:10 AM
Xbox since it's a better product. I'll wait 5 years and see how much of the new Xbox Sony copies and patches into its product.
---
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.