This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What now defunct game company would you bring back to life?

#31gabriusPosted 1/8/2013 2:33:40 PM
SNK
Squaresoft
Jaleco
Psikyo

...just for starters.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#32gabriusPosted 1/8/2013 2:34:32 PM
higherflyerJ posted...
Working Designs is the first one that came to mind for me.

I want Lunar 3 :( *sniff*

...you know WD didn't make games, right?

They just localized them.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#33lambruscoPosted 1/8/2013 2:35:03 PM
Sega
---
Spiel Macht Frei.
#34DSplayer50Posted 1/8/2013 2:35:12 PM
Team Silent for sure. I'm sure there are others but they come to mind first.
---
GT=AlreadySoCold 3DS Nik-1977-0647-5232
I'd do anything for Clementine.
#35higherflyerJ(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 2:41:14 PM
gabrius posted...
higherflyerJ posted...
Working Designs is the first one that came to mind for me.

I want Lunar 3 :( *sniff*

...you know WD didn't make games, right?

They just localized them.

I know. Game Arts did. I didn't say "game developer" just "company". If it wasn't for Working Designs we might have never seen Lunar, Popful Mail, Vay, Alundra, etc.
---
PSN - BattleJuiceJ
Xbox Live - BatttleJuice
#36gabriusPosted 1/8/2013 2:54:29 PM
higherflyerJ posted...
If it wasn't for Working Designs we might have never seen Lunar, Popful Mail, Vay, Alundra, etc.

Very true.

....but TBHQ, their localizations were shoddy, at best. I would rather see a company like 8-4 handle RPG translations than WD do it. WD did, however, love their fans on a level even higher than Atlus - games came including all sorts of goodies ^_^
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#37higherflyerJ(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 3:06:47 PM(edited)
gabrius posted...
higherflyerJ posted...
If it wasn't for Working Designs we might have never seen Lunar, Popful Mail, Vay, Alundra, etc.

Very true.

....but TBHQ, their localizations were shoddy, at best. I would rather see a company like 8-4 handle RPG translations than WD do it. WD did, however, love their fans on a level even higher than Atlus - games came including all sorts of goodies ^_^

And that is true, but project budgets were much smaller back then. I've always wondered about shoddy translations though, how hard was it to find someone that speaks English and Japanese?

WD, back in the day, was kind of like the modern day Atlus. They really did love their fans. I was so sad to see them go. We need a company like that now more than ever.
---
PSN - BattleJuiceJ
Xbox Live - BatttleJuice
#38kungfuj0Posted 1/8/2013 3:15:02 PM
Bioware. Old Bioware is pretty much dead now. EAware is all that is left.

AKI. Makers of No Mercy and the other classic N64 wrestling games. I dunno if they are defunct or what. I just know I'd LOVE to see them make a wrestling game for the 360 right about now, and I don't even care if its licensed. In fact, I'd probably prefer it not be licensed. Just adapt that gameplay and control scheme for today's consoles, give it a deep create-a-wrestler mode, and give it decent online play, and I'm in!

I will also join the Pandemic bandwagon, even though the only game they made that I loved was the first Mercenaries game.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: Now serving title #15..
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#39flame030191Posted 1/8/2013 3:18:06 PM
Zipper. Easily.

There will be no company I will miss more than them. SOCOM was amazing and MAG is easily the best online experience I've played.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#40higherflyerJ(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 3:29:51 PM(edited)
kungfuj0 posted...
Bioware. Old Bioware is pretty much dead now. EAware is all that is left.

AKI. Makers of No Mercy and the other classic N64 wrestling games. I dunno if they are defunct or what. I just know I'd LOVE to see them make a wrestling game for the 360 right about now, and I don't even care if its licensed. In fact, I'd probably prefer it not be licensed. Just adapt that gameplay and control scheme for today's consoles, give it a deep create-a-wrestler mode, and give it decent online play, and I'm in!

I will also join the Pandemic bandwagon, even though the only game they made that I loved was the first Mercenaries game.

Ahhhh Aki. I so want a new Def Jam game like the PS2 ones, not necessarily with hip hop artists. Icon killed that chance, though.
---
PSN - BattleJuiceJ
Xbox Live - BatttleJuice