This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What now defunct game company would you bring back to life?

#81diabolic_intentPosted 1/8/2013 8:22:36 PM
higherflyerJ posted...
Working Designs is the first one that came to mind for me.

I want Lunar 3 :( *sniff*

I came to say this,but was beaten to it.
---
up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,B,A,start
#82higherflyerJ(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 8:23:34 PM
SandOnMyBoot posted...
Bat178 posted...
ScottlinDLR posted...
I guess probably Oddworld Inhabitants. They did a really good job with Strangers Wrath, and I thought it would be nice to see another game from them and their wacky universe.

I think that most of the old members work for Just Add Water now, who made remakes of Stranger's Wrath and Munch's Oddysee for the PS3, and are working on a remake of Abe's Oddysee.

Oddworld Inhabitants is not defunct. They're still alive. The company is assisting Just Add Water with the HD remakes. Plans for new Oddworld games are on the horizon.

Woooo can't wait.
---
PSN - BattleJuiceJ
Xbox Live - BatttleJuice
#83CheatFreak47Posted 1/8/2013 8:23:48 PM
The Original Rareware. They Haven't been the same since the microsoft buyout. T-T
---
Join My Nintendo Clan! http://tinyurl.com/nintyzone
I still play Brawl for fun. PM me with your FC if you wanna go a few rounds. 3DS: 5026-4841-9381
#84zzking24Posted 1/8/2013 8:25:41 PM
I would love for Hudson Soft to be around again. Ever since they merged with Konami, I feel as if their franchises really have got neglected. I mean, maybe I'm a tad blinded by Nostalgia but I always viewed Bomberman to be one of the better gaming mascots(and my personal favorite) and to see the mascot and its Franchise just slowly fade away more and more, its a bit discouraging.
The last real Bomberman game was Battlefest correct?(Not including IOS games, which are usually pretty terrible anyway) Which was back in 2010, and even that was just a digital release. Imo the way Konami slowly bought out Hudson Soft and the eventual merge seemed odd to me. Why buy out the assets, but not do anything with them? Its a complete waste if Konami doesn't plan on doing anything. Not to mention its a complete shame.
---
~GamerTag~ video games are for F.U.N. :P
Sco0t3rr
#85randomweirdoPosted 1/8/2013 8:26:54 PM
I'd like to bring back a non-moneygrubbing Squaresoft. Back when they made awesome games that weren't all shiny graphics and very little more.
#86DEMONPANDA212Posted 1/8/2013 8:32:40 PM
Rareware.
#87Super CreaturesPosted 1/8/2013 8:51:08 PM
Silicon Knights.

At least, at this point, they might as well be.

I want my Eternal Darkness sequel.

And **** Epic and their UE BS, unless UE4 is actually quick to load textures, UE needs to die.

Too many companies rely on it.

Alice's dress should not take 2 minutes to fully load when you change it.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#88DMCdriverPosted 1/8/2013 8:52:46 PM
lambrusco posted...
Sega

---
Halo, is it me you're looking 4?
#89nightshadeAPosted 1/9/2013 12:09:01 AM
i second FASA and didnt ljn become acclaim?
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"
#90BB52700Posted 1/11/2013 4:53:15 PM
Sierra. I want new King's Quest and Space Quest games
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!