This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why do people say ps3 is the console if you want RPGS?

#31DeusMortemPosted 1/8/2013 4:06:56 PM
I could probably agree on the bad PSX and PS2 RPGs being worse than their respective on the 360 and PS3. Not really relevant in my book, though, as you can just avoid those games, and a mediocre games is basically as much of a waste of time as a bad one.
---
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...
#32CapwnDPosted 1/8/2013 4:08:01 PM
Last gen can go crap in a hat for all I care.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#33bladegash666Posted 1/8/2013 4:10:30 PM
I always felt that the PS3 was the console to have if you want JRPG's, and the Xbox 360 was the console for WRPG's.

Except The Witcher 2 , what is the PS3 lacking in? Not trying to debate necessarily , just genuinely curious.
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
#34CyricsServantPosted 1/8/2013 4:23:07 PM
I don't think they do. I think they say it's the console for JRPGs. The 360 has a few more options on the WRPG front, and some of them are damn good ones (e.g. Divinity II: DKS, The Witcher 2, etc.)

nativeboi85 posted...
We got Tales of Vesperia, nuff said

Nuff said? . . . PS3 has Tales of Graces F, which is a better Tales game than Vesperia, and it has two more Tales games coming out in the next year or two (i.e. Xillia 1 & 2). Not only that, but I think some of the older tales games might even be on PSN right now. Just focusing on the Tales series, the PS3 is doing much better than the 360. Nuff said.
#35CyricsServantPosted 1/8/2013 4:28:48 PM(edited)
bladegash666 posted...
I always felt that the PS3 was the console to have if you want JRPG's, and the Xbox 360 was the console for WRPG's.

Except The Witcher 2 , what is the PS3 lacking in? Not trying to debate necessarily , just genuinely curious.

Off the top of my head . . .

Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga which I enjoyed a lot more than Oblivion for reasons I'm not going to delve into because I'd end up writing an essay.

Bastion, which is one of the best downloadable games I've ever played.

. . . and then there are also a slew of "okay" WRPGs like Arcania: Gothic 4 and Risen 2 which should at least tide over genre fans while they're in-between great WRPGs.
#36JenniferTatePosted 1/8/2013 4:33:51 PM
Because Kunta Kinte: Wrath of the White Witch.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#37randomweirdoPosted 1/8/2013 4:58:25 PM
You know what's interesting? I asked on the PS3 board what some good RPGs were and was basically told a PS3 isn't the system for RPGs.
#38DeusMortemPosted 1/8/2013 5:10:39 PM
Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga which I enjoyed a lot more than Oblivion for reasons I'm not going to delve into because I'd end up writing an essay.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not promote this game! It is one of the worst freaking games I have ever played -- and this is coming from someone who has gotten all the Achievement for it (a complete snooze fest). :(

Oblivion is really awful, too, though; that's something we agree on.

On the topic of Tales of Vesperia, why has everyone ignored the fact that it was released in an upgraded version exclusive to PS3? Vesperia is pretty bad, anyway.
---
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...
#39TGAkumaPosted 1/8/2013 5:13:53 PM(edited)
nativeboi85 posted...
We got Tales of Vesperia, nuff said, I use to have a PS3, did they have any good RPGS that were ps3 exclusive besides the old school ones you can get from the ps store??

If you liked Vesperia the Ps3 has Graces. Also theres Valkyria Chronicles if you want to count that. I think those 2 games own Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. I beat Lost Odyssey and enjoyed it. Got to the end of Blue Dragon and enjoyed it but never finished it. Dont know why. I only have Tales of Graces, Valkyria Chronicles and Star Ocean for my Ps3 but I just got it 2 months ago. Also Tales of Xillia is coming out this year.
#40Eamon696Posted 1/8/2013 5:18:56 PM
bladegash666 posted...

Along with what the other poster stated, WRPG's generally preform or are supported better on the 360. For example Skyrim, and in my experience the Mass Effect series.