This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why do people say ps3 is the console if you want RPGS?

#41silverbulltPosted 1/8/2013 5:27:22 PM
bladegash666 posted...
I always felt that the PS3 was the console to have if you want JRPG's, and the Xbox 360 was the console for WRPG's.

Except The Witcher 2 , what is the PS3 lacking in? Not trying to debate necessarily , just genuinely curious.

Magna Carta 2(Korean dev), Tales of Vesperia, Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are the X360 exclusive JRPGs released in the West. There are other exclusives in japan only.

X360 lost exclusives:
Enchated Arms, Star Ocean 4 and I think Eternal Sonata.

Then there are the multiplat JRPGs:
Record of Agarest war 0-1, Fianl Fantasy XIII 1-3.

PS3 more notable exclusives:
Hyperdimension Neptunia 1-3, Record of Agarest War 2, Tales of Xilia, TokiTowa(Time and Eternity) + others unreleased in the West.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
Nintendo FIX the Wii U FFS: http://youtu.be/gl5_qODv-gQ
#42Silent Sniper IVPosted 1/8/2013 5:32:01 PM(edited)
Eamon696 posted...

Along with what the other poster stated, WRPG's generally preform or are supported better on the 360. For example Skyrim, and in my experience the Mass Effect series.

Really? I thought the ps3 version of ME2 with the updated game engine was a lot better. Another issue I have is a lot of other 360 games are also on PC and better supported there (IE- Last Remnant, which has more features and more units supported on PC) The ps3 stuff tends to be ps3 exclusive, whereas 360 tends to be "360 and PC" a lot of the time. Above post can remove vesperia and last remnant as exclusives: superior versions were released on PS3 and PC respectively.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#43Marnex15Posted 1/8/2013 5:39:55 PM(edited)
randomweirdo posted...
You know what's interesting? I asked on the PS3 board what some good RPGs were and was basically told a PS3 isn't the system for RPGs.

That's because the PS3 board is full of biased idiots that bash their own exclusives more than any other board does. They also worship past gens like they were gifts from God even though they were literally oversaturated with mediocre JRPGs.

But hey, you know, as long as it's not "pewpew", variety doesn't matter cause "OMGZ JRPGs are dah bestest who cares the industry was flooded with them for years and stuffz!!!".
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#44HellLinkPosted 1/8/2013 5:39:07 PM
nativeboi85 posted...
We got Tales of Vesperia, nuff said, I use to have a PS3, did they have any good RPGS that were ps3 exclusive besides the old school ones you can get from the ps store??

Tales of Graces?

Demon's Souls
Valkyria Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia (Import)

It has a crap load of obscure rpgs like Hyperdimension and Atelier etc.

Not to mention the better version of all multiplatform RPGs, save for Bethesda.

Xbox has:

Lost Odyssey
Tales of Vesperia

Literally the only 2 exclusive rpgs on Xbox that matter.
#45HellLinkPosted 1/8/2013 5:44:32 PM
Double post: Sorry, can't even edit my own damn posts...

I forgot about The Witcher II. The problem with Xbox is that the majority of its games and not just rpgs are on PC and the PC plays home to the better versions. Like someone mentioned above, the PS3 tends to actually have exclusives in a strict sense of the word.

The 360 is a dumbed down version of PC in terms of Library. I really think that the Gears, Halo and Forza series are the only exclusives that don't have a PC alternative for every release.
#46SoincMetalPosted 1/8/2013 5:47:17 PM
I think gears 1 or 2 is on the PC, not sure which one. Plus I heard there was a mod that made it First Person....
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#47liquidblue4Posted 1/8/2013 6:47:12 PM
How are people even trying to argue?
PS3 factually has quite a bit more RPGs than 360.
Doubles them even.

Also, if you want to count PSN then it probably quadruples them.
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
#48DeusMortemPosted 1/9/2013 1:43:52 AM

But hey, you know, as long as it's not "pewpew", variety doesn't matter cause "OMGZ JRPGs are dah bestest who cares the industry was flooded with them for years and stuffz!!!".

This really doesn't make much sense. It's pretty credible, but not really relevant. What's relevant is which consoles have the largest libraby of good RPG games -- not the volume of the sucky ones.
---
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...
#49cup_a_soupPosted 1/9/2013 3:15:37 AM
No one thought to bring up Magna Carta 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Final Fantasy XI, Phantasy Star Universe or The Last Remnant :(
#50KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/9/2013 4:41:32 AM
nativeboi85 posted...
We got Tales of Vesperia, nuff said, I use to have a PS3, did they have any good RPGS that were ps3 exclusive besides the old school ones you can get from the ps store??

There hasn't been a good exclusive JRPG on the 360 for nearly 4 years. Obvious really. The 360 was the go to console for JRPGs but that was half a decade ago... It's now the PS3 or even the Wii. (ignoring handhelds)
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns