This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why do people say ps3 is the console if you want RPGS?

#51zyxomma100Posted 1/9/2013 6:46:15 AM
On the topic of Tales of Vesperia, why has everyone ignored the fact that it was released in an upgraded version exclusive to PS3?

Because I can't read Japanese? For 99% of this board, ToV is a 360 exclusive.
#52SoF-RamboPosted 1/9/2013 6:51:35 AM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Eamon696 posted...

Along with what the other poster stated, WRPG's generally preform or are supported better on the 360. For example Skyrim, and in my experience the Mass Effect series.

Really? I thought the ps3 version of ME2 with the updated game engine was a lot better. Another issue I have is a lot of other 360 games are also on PC and better supported there (IE- Last Remnant, which has more features and more units supported on PC) The ps3 stuff tends to be ps3 exclusive, whereas 360 tends to be "360 and PC" a lot of the time. Above post can remove vesperia and last remnant as exclusives: superior versions were released on PS3 and PC respectively.

Nooooooo. PS3 can't handle ME2 for some reason. Numerous glitches. As for Xbox/PC, it's still Microsoft exclusive, unless you can play ME1 on a Mac, but then again, who the hell buys a Mac when looming for gaming computers.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#53CurlisPosted 1/9/2013 6:58:53 AM
PS3 does have more JRPG's, but the biggest reason is because of the PSOne Classics. There are so many good old JRPG's from the first Playstation era that you can download on there for $5-7 a pop. Some true classics.

That said, I'm happy to have both systems. Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia were great! I wish Xenoblade would come to PS3 or Xbox...
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Vesperia
My Backlog: http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=curlis (feel free to add me)
#54OrgeLambartPosted 1/9/2013 7:28:06 AM
Magna Carta 2 exclusive xbox RPG and really good to boot
#55XenobowPosted 1/9/2013 10:11:51 AM
JRPGs?

2006-2010, Xbox was the king of jrpgs
2011-2013, PS3 is the king of jrpgs

Sadly, I want more jrpgs on 360 :'(
---
Lost Odyssey
#56Silent Sniper IVPosted 1/9/2013 10:17:03 AM(edited)
cup_a_soup posted...
No one thought to bring up Magna Carta 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Final Fantasy XI, Phantasy Star Universe or The Last Remnant :(

I think because people are only talking about exclusives. and 3/5 in that list aren't (And FFXI and TLR are a *lot* better on PC, and PSU servers are all offline now). Magna carta 2 was mentioned already. IU is a good catch, I forgot about that one.

Xenobow posted...
JRPGs?

2006-2010, Xbox was the king of jrpgs
2011-2013, PS3 is the king of jrpgs

I agree here. All the exclusive stuff being mentioned (MC2, IU, exclusives at the time, like vesperia and eternal sonata,a etc) were all pre-2010. I would love to see more rpgs hit the 360, but it's been slim pickings. I don't really think PS3 is any better, just because most of it's rpgs of late feel like shovelware. it's just a bad time for exclusive rpgs outside of handhelds, I think.

---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#57XenobowPosted 1/9/2013 10:16:44 AM
silverbullt posted...
bladegash666 posted...
I always felt that the PS3 was the console to have if you want JRPG's, and the Xbox 360 was the console for WRPG's.

Except The Witcher 2 , what is the PS3 lacking in? Not trying to debate necessarily , just genuinely curious.

Magna Carta 2(Korean dev), Tales of Vesperia, Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are the X360 exclusive JRPGs released in the West. There are other exclusives in japan only.

X360 lost exclusives:
Enchated Arms, Star Ocean 4 and I think Eternal Sonata.

Then there are the multiplat JRPGs:
Record of Agarest war 0-1, Fianl Fantasy XIII 1-3.

PS3 more notable exclusives:
Hyperdimension Neptunia 1-3, Record of Agarest War 2, Tales of Xilia, TokiTowa(Time and Eternity) + others unreleased in the West.

Infinite Undiscovery, Xbox 360
---
Lost Odyssey