This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No video game itself has ever killed anyone!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. No video game itself has ever killed anyone!
3 years ago#1
I am being literal here. Has a video game ever been used as a weapon to kill someone? I doubt it for many reasons.

1. Discs are fragile and if you did try to kill someone with one, it would most likely break. Unless you shove a broken shard of it through a artery in a very lucky stabbing area I highly doubt you could ever kill anyone with a disc.

2. Cartridges are terrible blunt weapons... unless if it is a NeoGeo huge cartridge. But I think that would only cause a damn bad goose egg on your head before breaking apart.

3. Harddrives. Okay... see 2 above for reasoning.

No video game I doubt has ever actually killed anyone. BUT! I didn't classify video game SYSTEMS.

The Gamecube is the most dangerous one of the video game systems. the controllers are hard and tough just like the system. A grizzly bear would have a hard time breaking one. I do think a Gamecube could be used as a weapon. but most other game systems other than the original fat gameboy (which was more of a plastic brick of doom.) All other video game systems really aren't that heavy and durable.

So. To be quite honest. I don't get why people are saying video games are killing people. It would be to damn hard and you can just make a sharp pointy stick from a damn tree outside if you really were that damn crazy. Just being honestly legitimate here. I doubt video games have ever killed anyone.

Just my 2 cents about the whole thing. That is all.
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
3 years ago#2
Stop making topics.
For the love of god.
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
3 years ago#3
I threw a disc at my sister and cut her nose, took a nice chunk out, decent amount of blood..

good times.
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
3 years ago#4
Just wait until someone throws their Atari 5200 at you.
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
3 years ago#5
flame030191 posted...
Just wait until someone throws their Atari 5200 at you.

Okay. That one too. That thing is freaking huge.
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
3 years ago#6
The Gamecube has a handle. I'm pretty sure Nintendo intended it to be used as a weapon.
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
3 years ago#7
SunDevil77 posted...
Stop making topics.
For the love of god.

---
Sweet
3 years ago#8
mtjormitch posted...
The Gamecube is the most dangerous one of the video game systems. the controllers are hard and tough just like the system. A grizzly bear would have a hard time breaking one. I do think a Gamecube could be used as a weapon.

Hell, it even comes equipped with a handle.

Also, it is possible that if someone had epilepsy, that a game could induce a bad enough epileptic seizure that it could lead to death.

There are a number of situations where things were banned because of inducing seizures, including at least 1 episode of Pokemon that was banned in the US due to it doing just that when it aired in Japan.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
3 years ago#9
geneticsftw posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Stop making topics.
For the love of god.

---

I haven't made a topic here for a damn 3 months!
3 years ago#10
Yes, the Wii-mote is apparently quite lethal....

http://www.9news.com/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=107585&catid=337

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/wii-have-a-murder-weapon-1287
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. No video game itself has ever killed anyone!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived