This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No video game itself has ever killed anyone!

#1mtjormitchPosted 1/8/2013 6:24:52 PM
I am being literal here. Has a video game ever been used as a weapon to kill someone? I doubt it for many reasons.

1. Discs are fragile and if you did try to kill someone with one, it would most likely break. Unless you shove a broken shard of it through a artery in a very lucky stabbing area I highly doubt you could ever kill anyone with a disc.

2. Cartridges are terrible blunt weapons... unless if it is a NeoGeo huge cartridge. But I think that would only cause a damn bad goose egg on your head before breaking apart.

3. Harddrives. Okay... see 2 above for reasoning.

No video game I doubt has ever actually killed anyone. BUT! I didn't classify video game SYSTEMS.

The Gamecube is the most dangerous one of the video game systems. the controllers are hard and tough just like the system. A grizzly bear would have a hard time breaking one. I do think a Gamecube could be used as a weapon. but most other game systems other than the original fat gameboy (which was more of a plastic brick of doom.) All other video game systems really aren't that heavy and durable.

So. To be quite honest. I don't get why people are saying video games are killing people. It would be to damn hard and you can just make a sharp pointy stick from a damn tree outside if you really were that damn crazy. Just being honestly legitimate here. I doubt video games have ever killed anyone.

Just my 2 cents about the whole thing. That is all.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2SunDevil77Posted 1/8/2013 6:25:21 PM
Stop making topics.
For the love of god.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#3Deathx113Posted 1/8/2013 6:26:10 PM
I threw a disc at my sister and cut her nose, took a nice chunk out, decent amount of blood..

good times.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#4flame030191Posted 1/8/2013 6:26:54 PM
Just wait until someone throws their Atari 5200 at you.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#5mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 6:27:14 PM
flame030191 posted...
Just wait until someone throws their Atari 5200 at you.

Okay. That one too. That thing is freaking huge.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#6Arucard05Posted 1/8/2013 6:27:20 PM
The Gamecube has a handle. I'm pretty sure Nintendo intended it to be used as a weapon.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#7geneticsftwPosted 1/8/2013 6:30:42 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Stop making topics.
For the love of god.

---
---
Sweet
#8Super CreaturesPosted 1/8/2013 6:30:49 PM
mtjormitch posted...
The Gamecube is the most dangerous one of the video game systems. the controllers are hard and tough just like the system. A grizzly bear would have a hard time breaking one. I do think a Gamecube could be used as a weapon.

Hell, it even comes equipped with a handle.

Also, it is possible that if someone had epilepsy, that a game could induce a bad enough epileptic seizure that it could lead to death.

There are a number of situations where things were banned because of inducing seizures, including at least 1 episode of Pokemon that was banned in the US due to it doing just that when it aired in Japan.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 6:32:34 PM
geneticsftw posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Stop making topics.
For the love of god.

---

I haven't made a topic here for a damn 3 months!
---
#10TheBlueStigPosted 1/8/2013 6:54:01 PM
Yes, the Wii-mote is apparently quite lethal....

http://www.9news.com/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=107585&catid=337

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/wii-have-a-murder-weapon-1287
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin