This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If guns dissapeared from video games... What would you do?

#51TheBlueStigPosted 1/9/2013 9:46:54 AM
MechaNapoleon posted...
We'd just get CoD with guns replaced by walkie-talkies.

LOL @ E.T. edited version reference :)

If anything multiplayer games would become more violent than ever before with swords, axes, and full bloody gory hand to hand 3rd person combat games coming back to be the prevalent genre.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#52AkaimizuPosted 1/9/2013 9:50:23 AM
Yes. E.T. Edited reference for the Win.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#53BansDontWorkPosted 1/9/2013 9:51:00 AM
Pea-shooters, Spears and Poop greandes.
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#54redskinStuPosted 1/9/2013 9:55:21 AM
Get a samurai sword
#55wheresatariPosted 1/9/2013 10:00:51 AM
Use a sword like in most of my other RPGs. Guns are rare in them anyway. No biggie.
---
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father except by Me.
-The Lord Jesus Christ. John 14 verse 6.
#56FocianPosted 1/9/2013 10:05:15 AM
Where do Gunblades fall in this equation?
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#57TheBlueStigPosted 1/9/2013 10:09:32 AM
Focian posted...
Where do Gunblades fall in this equation?

Triple-Banned in the UK, once each under both of the gun bans, and once under the knife ban.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#58justdontaskPosted 1/9/2013 10:12:13 AM
but guns can be used for some interesting puzzles... specifically the Portal Gun, but it counts as a gun right?
---
the only part of gamefaqs i like are the walkthroughs for games i like.
trolls avoid large blocks of text they can't criticize for all to see.
#59RagnarokxvPosted 1/9/2013 10:25:03 AM
I rarely play video games with guns so I wouldn't care
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#60shawnmckPosted 1/9/2013 10:31:42 AM(edited)
The whole premise of this topic is failed logic...

Games like Dark Souls, Dragon Age, DarkSiders 2, Rayman Origins, Any fighting, Racing, Sports game, any Mario game, and plenty of more have absolutely no guns, and they still sell well and are fun.
It has absolutely nothing to do with guns.

And lets talk about older games, where instead of shooting someone you jumped on their head, pushed enemies into lava, pounded them with a hammer, kicked them off a cliff or other high point, or even stabbed them with a knife.

And like someone already mentioned...games of past generations were just as repetitive or guilty of clone-syndrome. Just go back to the NES or SNES days, where 9 out of 10 games were a platform side-scroller.

Yeah, only games with guns are violent &/or not fun (innovative).

I can tell some of you haven't been playing video-games for very long.