This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If guns dissapeared from video games... What would you do?

#61KunatheBladePosted 1/9/2013 10:34:24 AM
Kill it with fire!!
---
*Loads gun* Do the dew....
Gamertag:HoundLoco
#62CyhortI82Posted 1/9/2013 10:44:26 AM
I'd be pissed because it wouldn't be from some "oh let's all be creative guys!!" artistic pipedream crap, which would be stupid anyway, it would be because the government once again shoves itself into business because it knows better than everyone else what's "right" for everyone and banned guns in video games. I wouldn't stop playing games, but I would go out of my way to spend a whole year buying nothing but violent games, on release day, even if I don't want them, just to support them.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#63jakerscythePosted 1/9/2013 10:46:28 AM
I wouldn't care, I don't play games to simulate shooting firearms. Besides, the U.S. is not the only place in the world that publishes video games.
#64natevinesPosted 1/9/2013 10:53:33 AM
If this happened, I'd probably carry out a mass shooting just to prove a point.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#65tailsfan2005Posted 1/9/2013 11:10:41 AM
I'd start playing games with crossbows instead. Guns are neat and all but it's such an old and boring concept that I'd almost appreciate them being gone for the sake of originality.

Well, really, as many others have said, guns don't really make/break a game in terms of being fun. They just add a new, different subject to the medium, which can make it more interesting. It's not so new or different now, though, thanks to the proliferation of them, especially because of shooting games, but they're in probably a majority of games.

Plus the word 'gun' is a bit of a misnomer if only because what is a 'gun' in a game? Is a Bullet Bill Cannon a gun? What about a Mega Buster? How about a flamethrower, or indeed even a crossbow could be considered as a 'gun' in terms of a loose meaning, since a gun is simply 'a weapon designed to discharge projectiles'.
---
Try again tomorrow, I'll gladly take you on.
#66SuplexKirbyPosted 1/9/2013 11:11:44 AM
Nirvanas_Nox posted...
wouldnt really care. never really liked guns in the first place.
#67shawnmckPosted 1/9/2013 11:14:17 AM
SuplexKirby posted...
Nirvanas_Nox posted...
wouldnt really care. never really liked guns in the first place.

^ Just like all the people that don't care about video-games, and would have absolutely no problem if video-games were banned too.
#68Res5Posted 1/9/2013 11:16:29 AM
Let's consider right now I'm playing Dead Rising where you end up killing zombies (and survivors, whether on accident or intentional) with anything you can pick up including sledge hammers, park benches and designer purses. Maybe we should take those out of games too. Maybe we should ban park benches and designer purses from the united states!
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#69nazacuckooPosted 1/9/2013 11:19:10 AM
Without guns a whole genre is gone.
Just because everyone thinks shooters are taking over the industry
(which in fairness, they are) Doesn't mean that we should destroy a whole genre.

And anyways, Devs would still make unoriginal games just to get money.
And just so you know, back in the 80's everything might have seemed so great back then,
but there was as many platformers back then as there are shooters now.
Of course, everyone is too blind with nostalgia to see that things haven't changed,
and that removing guns won't change anything either.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#70GXL_LeonPosted 1/9/2013 11:20:16 AM
Ill chose a good sword and upgrade it at max (?)
---
God Hand (Hard) <---> Dark Souls